Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Homeopaths online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Madhu Oswal ThakkarYour feedback matters!
Hello, I have an ovarian cyst, I am under treatment. Doctor said, it will dissolve in 3 months. Once ny cyst is dissolved, is there any possibility to get it in near future? If yes, what should be done to not get the cyst again?
My period date is 28 april n still me not in periods what I do to get in period pls help me out or what I eat.
I'm 21 years old male and have some strange looking red spots on my chest. I have been having a fungal infection since 6 years but they were white spots. Now I have both red (little inflated from skin level) and white spots. Kindly help me.
I am getting some reddish pimples all over my body including my face back and on chest, the pimples with puss, they will come and go with time I don't use any medicine, but the pimples on my back really hurts me and on face they make me look ackward sometimes. I have this since 5 years I think.
My age is 54 year, male. Allergic to milk, hence for suppliment taking daily shelcal 500 for last 5 yrs. Kindly advise 1. If any side effects 2. Should I continue?
Insomnia is a disorder where a person has difficulty sleeping. One can have problem falling asleep or staying asleep for long. Some people also have disturbed sleep. This can be a major problem as due to lack of sleep one feels tired and fatigued all day.
Recurring cases of insomnia hamper your daily activities and interfere with the smooth functioning of your life. Therefore, this condition should not be ignored and treated immediately.
Here are the various ways to treat insomnia:
Non-Medical (Cognitive and Behavioral treatment)
Several psychological and behavioral techniques can be used for the treatment of insomnia. Many of these methods can be easily self-taught and others require a therapist to be carried out properly.
- Relaxation training, which is also called progressive muscle relaxation involves the patient to tense and relax his muscles systematically in various parts or regions of the body. Relaxation techniques, such as breathing exercises, various forms of meditation, mindfulness and guided imagery are used for treating insomnia people. The use of audio recordings for guidance in these techniques is quite popular.
- Stimulus control enables building an association between the bedroom and sleep. This is done by limiting several kinds of activities done in a bedroom. This may include going to bed only when very sleepy and leaving bed if you cannot sleep within twenty minutes. A strict bedtime and wake up time schedule has to be maintained.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy or CBT involves changes in behavior like maintaining a strict sleep time schedule, elimination of afternoon naps and other habits related to sleep. A cognitive component is also added to this method. Unhealthy beliefs and fear regarding sleep are challenged and positive, rational thinking is encouraged. CBT is a very effective procedure for treating insomnia and the track record regarding success is high.
- Changes in lifestyle are required to treat insomnia and prevent recurrence of insomnia, you should change certain habits and start some new practices. You should limit your intake of caffeine, alcohol and nicotine. Do not consume coffee or tea before going to sleep and avoid smoking. The habits may be stimulating and will keep you awake. Your diet should be balanced. You should avoid having rich and spicy food before going to bed. Avoid late meals and maintain a proper schedule for meals. Regular exercise can improve the symptoms of insomnia and you should try to work out every day.
Medical Treatment: There are many forms of medicines, which can treat insomnia. This includes over-the-counter medicines, as well as prescribed medicines. The type of medicine required completely depends on the severity and symptoms of your insomnia and other factors related to health. Therefore, you must consult a doctor before having any kind of medicine for treating insomnia.
The most common medicines for insomnia, which are usually prescribed by doctors are benzodiazepine hypnotics, non-benzodiazepine hypnotics and melatonin receptor agonists. However, medicines should only be taken after consulting with a specialist. Insomnia not only affects your health but also interferes with all your daily activities. Proper treatment should be taken to treat the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
I am 25 years old male. I have problem in my leg since 5 years. I always use moov. What should I do?
My pack will be ending the day after tomorrow. If I got withdrawal bleed after that. Does it mean I am safe. I was on pills from june. And I missed the last pill of june which I took next day along with the last pill. Then I was out of town for 6 days on which I had menses from 5-8 july. On july 8 at 11 pm I started with the new pack. 9th july had protected intercourse with same condom for three rounds. Do not know if he ejaculated or not Since then I have not missed a pill. Since I have taken that 6 days break after missing the pill and was not sure about the condom I got nervous. Took a test yesterday and few days earlier both were negative. M I safe. When should I take home pregnancy test to get accurate results?
Hello Doctor, one of my friend her age is 28 years and she had a sex once with her ex boyfriend and now her marriage fixed she had a fear that her husband will come to know that she has lost her virginity. Is there any solution so that she can prove that she is virgin?
I am not satisfied with sex. Because when I start sex with my wife I got early relaxation. I am not happy. What should i do? Please advise.
Hi can you please tell me how to get rid of white hairs on beard and moustache. My age was 29. I have this prob from 4 years.
Unwanted 72: Contraceptive Pills
Recently, I have gone through many questions regarding unwanted 72. So I take this as a point and here I have discussed about the general pill concepts n its side effects.
Unwanted 72 is a pill that is consumed orally to protect us from being conceived even after the unprotected sex. Its a" contraceptive pill" in short. Its been used as the emergency cobtraception. The pill is made up of 1.5mg of synthetic progestin, levonorgestrel.
The pill is used when there is a unplanned intercourse, failed contraception, sexual abuse, rape, incest etc. The tablet should be taken within 72 hrs of unprotected sex as the sperms that enter into the female oragasm may live upto 72 hrs.
As its a beneficial one for some people at dome time, it possess many side effects as follows.
* breast tenderness
* vaginal bleeding
* flu like symptoms
* gastric problems
However, these are the minor issues faced in routine life at times, overdoses or frequent doses of the pill may cause adverse effects which may sometimes be very chronic. These include
* ectopic pregnancy
* bleeding into ovaries
* vaginal yeast infections
* delayed mensus
* infections in ear, nose, throat
* elevated blood sugar, bp
* increased platelet count
* high heart palpitations.
So as a dietitian, I personally suggest you, the motherhood is a god given gift. Please dont reject it when he gives you. In case, your condition in health or if you face any personal difficulties in raising a kid, as it is unplanned sexual meet, then please take necessary prevention through food but not through any synthetic pills. They are good n effective but the side effects you face may shock you. The foods that prevents pregnancy are
* sesame seeds: you can have it in the form of chikkis, powders etc
* too much of vit c: excess vitamin c content may prevent from implantation of the fetus in the uterus.
* papaya: unripen papaya fruit may cause miscarriage.
These are the main foods that may prevent you from being pregnant when there is a unplanned or unprotected sex.
Dt. Vaishnavi Satheesh.
I am a 20 year female, suffering frm skin tanning alot. So I have started Raydance Skin Brightening Complex which I hv ordered online. So is it good? Shall I continue using it!
If you are suffering form ed than please ask about the permanent treatment procedure
Help us in spreading the awareness