Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Madhu Dilip Lad
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Madhu Dilip LadYour feedback matters!
Infertility is the failure to conceive (regardless of cause) after 1 year of unprotected intercourse.
Types of Infertility
- Primary infertility: Infertility in a couple who never had a child
- Secondary infertility: Failure to conceive following a previous pregnancy
Epidemiology, Incidence, and Prevalence
Female factors that affect fertility include the following categories:
- Cervical: Stenosis or abnormalities of the mucus-sperm interaction
- Uterine: Congenital or acquired defects; may affect endometrium or myometrium; may be associated with primary infertility or with pregnancy wastage and premature delivery
- Ovarian: Alteration in the frequency and duration of the menstrual cycle—Failure to ovulate is the most common infertility problem
- Tubal: Abnormalities or damage to the fallopian tube; may be congenital or acquired.
Male factors that affect fertility include the following categories:
- Pretesticular: Congenital or acquired diseases of the hypothalamus, pituitary, or peripheral organs that alter the hypothalamic-pituitary axis
- Testicular: Genetic or nongenetic
- Post-testicular: Congenital or acquired factors that disrupt normal transport of sperm through the ductal system
Laboratory, Imaging, and/or Surgical Evaluation Laboratory, radiologic, and/or surgical assessment of the female:
- Ovarian: Progesterone levels, follicle-stimulating hormone and estradiol levels and Anti-Mullerian hormone levels
Laboratory evaluation of the male:
- Semen analysis: Volume, pH level, concentration, motility, morphology, and WBC count
- Sperm function tests:
- The acrosome reaction test with fluorescent lectins or antibodies
- Computer assessment of the sperm head
- Computer motility assessment
The Scope of Ayurvedic Treatment in the Management of Infertility
The main ayurvedic treatment goals are purification and functional optimization of the “reproductive tissues” (arthava- and shukra-dhatu) of both sexes. According to Ayurveda, reproductive health is primarily determined by the health of tissue metabolism and nutrition, both being ultimate requirements for conception.Therefore, general panchakarma purification measures usually initiate the treatment sequence. While purgation is almost always recommended, other cleansing measures are optional and may include medicated enema, emesis, and blood purification.
Based on the Ayurvedic diagnosis vandhyatva and considering constitutional factors, various tailored treatment protocols are carried out during an individual 90-min session and discussed with the patient. These factors usually involve a combination of constitution- and disease-based dietary (ahara) and lifestyle (vihara) advice, including daily intranasal self-massage, gargling, and self-body massage with sesame oil; regular administration of herbs (aushadhi: combination of the fine powders of Withania somnifera, Bacopa monnieri, Asparagus racemosus, and Tinospora cordifolia); nutritional supplements (Chyavanaprasha linctus); abdominal massage with Dhanvantara oil; and local oil applications on the lower back (kati-basti), and nasal applications of medicated fats (nasya with brahmi-ghrta).
My periods didn't come after october. I took 4 or 5 I pills till January. Due to which my hormones ate irregular. Aal tests are normal. But hormones are imbalanced. My doctor suggested me deviry tablets for 10 days. But no output came. Please suggest me medicine. I will be thankful to you.
Mujhe periods main bleeding bahut jayada hoti hai aur mere dard bhi jayada hoti hai. Mere se kai baar to bed se utha bhi nahi jaata. Mujhe aise mein bahut jayada dikkat hoti hai. Main married hu aur is condition main kuch bhi nahi kar sakti. please help me.
Sexual intercourse for humans is not only a reproductive act, but is also considered to be an emotional and pleasurable act. However, statistics report that almost 30% of the women experience pain during intercourse. This not only hampers the pleasure, but is also an unhealthy sign since it is indicative of a problem.
Painful intercourse could be a regular occurrence, or a sporadic one. There could be numerous reasons that cause the discomfort and pain. Though it might be an early manifestation of grave diseases such as endometriosis or fibroids, but more often, it is triggered due to conditions such as vaginal dryness, yeast infection, bacterial vaginiosis, which can be easily treated. It is pertinent to understand that it is not the physical infirmity of the entire female anatomy that causes such pain/ discomfort, but the existence of certain conditions that can be treated by a medical practitioner.
Certain such causal factors associated with painful intercourse and the efficient ways to deal with them are discussed below:
1. Vaginal dryness- Vaginal dryness is one of the most commonly cited causes for painful intercourse. There are various causal factors of vaginal dryness. These include, but are not limited to, consumption of certain drugs, bathing with hot water, health conditions or even lack of foreplay. Vaginal dryness due to the aforementioned causes is a short-lived condition that can be treated well with the help of a medical practitioner.
Usage of lubricants that is suitable for you, as advised by a medical practitioner, could go a long way in aiding the ease of sexual intercourse. The lubricants act as an effective substitute, if the body is unable to naturally secrete vaginal fluids to ease intercourse, thereby greatly reducing the pain that is experienced.
2. Improper vaginal expansion- The female anatomy is designed in such a way that it expands normally during intercourse. Proper foreplay enables the woman to get excited, which results in the release of vaginal fluids that aids in sexual intercourse. However, in the event that the female is not excited enough prior to the act, sexual intercourse can become a painful act, since the vagina is unable to expand in the absence of vaginal fluids. In such cases, take things slow and give your body time to comfortably go with the flow.
3. Vaginal itching caused by infection- Vaginal infections can be caused by antibiotics, prior sexual activity that has resulted in contraction of Sexually Transmitted Diseases etc. This results in an itching or burning sensation while having sex. It is essential to rest your body instead of forcing things, and to consult your doctor as soon as possible. The doctor can correctly diagnose the causal factors behind the infection, and prescribe the necessary medicines for it.
However, if your symptoms vary from the common ones mentioned above, or in case you have a different query, it is always advisable to consult the doctor.