Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Madhu AgarwalYour feedback matters!
HI, Yesterday I got to know that I am pregnant, My last period started at 4th of feb. Can you help me to find out in which week I am. Also in which week I have to see a doctor for respective test and all. Also that is it safe to continue sex or not?
Me and my wife had sex right after her periods. She then took contraceptive pills. She then had her periods a few days prior to her tentative date. Also, the period was very short, 2 days. The period was like this: it was just spotting for first day and next day there was massive flush out of blood. Now a few days after that. She is having random sessions of fever, has running nose, pain in her feet, feels like nauseating most of the time. Is it because she just has fever or is it because she has got pregnant?
If I want ki mera partner without protection k sex kare or pregnant na ho uske liye kya krna chahiye.
Dear Sir/Madam, I had my periods on 03 August n now again my period started today (24 August). Within 20 days my periods are happening. previous month also same thing happened. Is it normal. Should I worried about it.
I am just married male and I don't want child now for at least 1 year so how I should take care of it. What is the safe period for sex to not to have child?
Hello doctor please suggest me in my right breast discharge white liquid little more only and one time yesterday. This not serious doctor.
I am 23 years old. I missed my period this month. I brought pregnancy kit. My result was positive. This is my first child. Can you please tell what to do now.
I am 29 years old got married 2years back still not concieved my hsg report showed tht my tubes r blocked nd I had a surgery in 2009 for borderline mucinous tumour nd my left ovary is removed could u advice me any thing.
I got periods on 24th nov and again I got bleeding after 15 days for some time. It was not a regular period.
I am facing a problem due to periods (menses. I have regular period but the problem is mostly for the first 5 days or for the first 15 days there won't be bleeding but the next 15 days it starts bleeding. Consulted many doctors but no use. please suggest me.
Menopause is the time in a woman's life when the menstruation ceases, bringing an end to a woman's childbearing years. There are a number of symptoms that mark this stage, including hot flashes, which are very commonly experienced in such cases. Hot flashes are like a feeling of a red hot flush that may wash over the body and lead to excessive sweating. It occurs in the blood vessels that are closest to the surface of the skin. Yet, menopause is not the only reason why one may experience these hot flashes.
Here are some of the reasons that may trigger these hot flashes:
1. Carcinoid syndrome: This is a disease that may cause hot flashes as a symptom. In this condition, a tumour will usually release varied chemicals into the body, which can create varied symptoms that seem like hot flashes.
2. Hyperthyroidism: Overheating of the body and the system from within is something that many patients suffering from hyperthyroidism may experience. This usually happens when the thyroid glands end up producing too much of the thyroid hormone that brings about many symptoms ranging from depression to weight loss and even hot flashes. In hyperthyroidism, the body goes into a hyper mode, which usually leads to overheating of the same. This gives rise to frequent and often severe hot flashes.
3. Hormonal changes: There are many hormonal changes that may affect various men and women from time to time. A drop in the level of the estrogen hormone is something that many women go through on a regular basis. This may happen due to pregnancy as well. Also, this condition usually brings about symptoms like hot flashes.
4. Eating disorders: The way we eat and nurture our body is the way the body reacts. When there is a case of an eating disorder like dyslexia or bulimia, it may lead to varied symptoms, including hot flashes. This is due to the fact that the body's hormonal levels as well as the nutritional level plunge to an all-time low. In many such cases, hot flashes are the body's way of demanding better nutrition. These disorders can also give rise to related conditions like the hypothalamus disorder.
5. Hypothalamus disorder: Hypothalamus disorder may also cause hot flashes. This is a condition that is caused due to poor eating habits. This disorder is characterised by a major drop in one's nutrition levels and also leads to many hormonal changes. These changes often lead to symptoms like hot flashes and other related complications. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am taking duoluton l tablets. So my period expected date was 10 days back. But yet not getting period why?
Hi I am 28 year old girl and have irregular periods problem due to this I am gaining wait. Please suggest me.
Confused about periods & plan B? I had sex 4 times last month. Feb 11 & 18 (unprotected and had ipill both times) 26 & march 9 (protected) I had my periods on 12th feb and on 28th Feb I had period like bleeding (comparatively low flow) And I missed my period in Jan, expected date was 28th Jan. As I wasn't sexually active then so I didn't bother about it coz it happens to me once in a year. I had pregnancy urine test on 4 march and 18 march, both negative. On 13th march I had brown spotting for 2 days and on brown discharge after that. Now the discharge is clear white. I'm feeling bloated, nausea and vomiting like feeling, lost appetite and stressed because of late periods. I just want to know that the urine test I did, should I rely upon them? And what's now my actual period date is? 13th or 28th? Could I be pregnant? Should I be worried or its just double dose of ipill messing the things.
Somatic symptom disorder is when you put so much focus on symptoms such as pain or fatigue that you have trouble functioning or experience severe emotional distress. You will be visiting the doctor a lot, completely unnecessarily and will waste a lot of money when you have no major health concerns. However, there are treatments, which can help you cope with this problem. Read further to find out what they are:
- Worrying excessively about an illness, which has not yet occurred
- Frequent health care visits
- Fear of physical activity damaging your body
- Fearing that the evaluation of doctors is not adequate
There are many more symptoms, which may indicate that you are suffering from somatic symptom disorder. However, the most important way of telling whether someone is suffering from somatic symptom disorder or not is to see whether the patient is overly worried about a physical problem, which has not yet occurred. One of the first steps in making sure that this does not happen is finding out what causes the problem and preventing it. Here are the causes of somatic symptom disorder.
Causes: As with other psychological disorders, the exact cause of somatic symptom disorder is not yet known. However, there are a number of factors which may increase the risk of it, such as:
- Genetic and biological factors: These as well as an increased sensitivity to pain are some of the factors, which you have no control over.
- Environment you grew up in: Just like the genes you have, the environment you grew up in and your family influence will have a major impact on whether you develop the condition as well.
- Problems processing emotions: When people have problems processing emotions, their physical symptoms seem like a bigger problem than they actually are.
Treatment: Luckily, there are treatments for this disorder as well, which include.
- Psychotherapy: Psychotherapy is the most common treatment used to help people with somatic symptom disorder.
- Medications: Since depression and pain often occur when a person is suffering from somatic symptom disorder, antidepressants can be given as well.