Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Madhu AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Most people with sedentary jobs end up having some severe health ailments in the long run. To be careful is a good idea. Try doing the following exercises while at your desk, to ensure fitness if when you sit all day.
1) calf raises - stand straight next to your desk or a table. Remove your shoes for ankle movement. Pull your heels off the floor, but keep your toes on the ground so that you are on tiptoe. Bring your heel back to the ground. Repeat.
2) leg lifts - sit on your chair with your back straight. Pull your knees towards your desk, so that your toes are raised a few inches from the ground. Hold for some time and bring your feet back to its position. Repeat with one leg at a time.
3) shin flexes - do the opposite of calf raises but while sitting on your chair. Keep your heels firmly on the ground and lift your toes. Bring them back to the ground after a few seconds and repeat.
4) take a break - look in a distance for a couple of minutes and then roll your eyes and turns head at least 10 times. Clear your mind and blink your eyes more often.
5) foot taps - you know how football players tap their feet during warm ups? do that with your feet while sitting on your own chair. Simply tap your feet on the ground, as fast as you can, for about 30 seconds.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Be sure that each meal includes a healthy portion of carbohydrates. Gaining weight is easy if you start incorporating carbs into your diet on a regular basis.
I have diabetes from last 1 year of my miscarriage but now I am 7 months pregnant n I am having half zoryl m1 per day is it safe for me n my baby but the day I am pregnant I check my diabetes in every 15 days n it comes 80 in morning an 122 after Lunch plz.
Osteoarthritis (OA) is a degenerative disease that affects the various bone and joints health, leading to painful movement and thereby limiting the patient's mobility. Knees, hips, joints of hands and legs are affected.
Symptoms of OA
The symptoms revolve around the bones and joints including:
- Pain and stiffness of the joints
- Swelling of the joints
- Inability to form a clench
- Difficulty holding things
- Stooped posture
- Weakness of legs and hands
- Reduced height over time
Treatment options in allopathy are limited to nonsteroidal analgesics to control pain and in severe cases, surgical correction, in case of OA. However, homeopathy takes into account the triggering symptoms, the associated symptoms, and the status of the immune system before deciding on a treatment regimen.
With this holistic approach, homeopathy achieve the following:
- Reduce the pain, swelling and stiffness
- Slows the pace of further degeneration
- Improves mobility of the affected joint(s)
- Improves the body's overall immune system, thereby allow the body to promote healing on its own
- Homeopathic intervention in the early phases is particularly helpful, as it will arrest disease progression
- It also enable better absorption of minerals and nutrients essential for bone health. This allows healing of existing bone fractures and avoids further bone damage by strengthening the bones
- Homeopathic treatment also enables the body's chemical state to withstand stress and illnesses better
- It vitalizes the body's natural healing and ability to repair itself, to create a better state of health and well-being
Some of the popular homeopathic medications based on areas and associated symptoms are listed below:
- Bryonia Alba: Pain worsened with movement, relieved with rest; associated with swelling and stiffness of the joints; difficulty in climbing stairs.
- Calcarea Carbonica: Swelling and pain that is worsened when getting up from a seated position. The joints feel cold and painful.
- Sulphur: Worse with climbing stairs, prolonged standing, feeling of warmth in the knees.
- Colcynthis: Cramping pain improved by pressure.
- Rhus Toxicodendron: Pain when getting up from a seated position.
- Pulsatilla Nigricans: Associated with muscle stiffness and cramping.
- Antimonium Crudum: The pain pain gets worse in cold weather, improved by applying something warm)
- Benzoic Acid: There is an associated crackling sound when the fingers are moved or if there are nodes in the area of joints. . The urine is highly offensive in these people.
- Calcara Fluorica: There are stony hard nodes formed in the joint area, greatly reducing the mobility.
These medications are safe, completely natural, do not induce habit formation, and are approved by FDA. They don't just treat the symptoms but help manage the patient as a whole. This justifies why homeopathy is definitely a good option in treating osteoarthritis.
My friend is having a cyst (gaanth) in her chest. Its emotionally distressfull and really painful for her. She is taking meds but the pain is too much. She also suffers from back ache and weakness and stomach ache. Please tell me what should she do?
She is my close friend when she will come to home I am getting diff kind of feeling shall I ask to sex ?
It is a well-known fact that natural and unsalted almond are a tasty snack with a lot of nutrients and health benefits packed within. Loaded with a lot of minerals, they are considered the healthiest nuts. Munching on a handful of nutrient rich almonds every day can promote a healthy heart and inhibit unwanted weight gain while helping you to fight diseases such as Alzheimer’s and high blood sugar. Here are some of the benefits of eating almonds every day-
- Get access to the much-needed nutrition: If you eat around 20 almonds every day, you would be able to incorporate different essential nutrients in the daily diet. These little nuts contain copious amounts of calcium, vitamin E, potassium, and magnesium. Almonds are an excellent source of fiber and protein while being low in sugar content. Of all the tree nuts you can think of, almonds rank first when it comes to containing fiber, niacin, riboflavin, calcium, and B vitamins by weight. There are 160 calories in 23 almonds, and it is a good source of healthy unsaturated fats.
- Prevent unwanted weight gain: All nuts including almonds are beneficial for maintaining a healthy weight. The protein, fat and fiber content of almonds can keep you full and feel satiated for a long time which means you will not have the urge to overeat. Magnesium in these nuts can regulate blood sugar levels which are helpful for controlling food cravings. Since they are a rich source of calories, it is recommended to limit yourself to one ounce of almonds daily.
- Provide you with energy: If you feel lethargic and tired most of the time, then consuming some soaked almonds in the morning would aid in replenishing the lost nutrients of the body. This is because copper, manganese, and riboflavin present in almonds are known to boost metabolism.
- Protect your heart health: According to the reports of FDA, around 1.5 ounces of almonds every day can reduce the risk of developing heart disease. Many of the nutrients present in almonds help in contributing to heart health. Magnesium in almonds can inhibit hypertension and heart attacks. As the belly fat and LDL levels are reduced with regular consumption of almonds, the risk factors for cardiovascular disease are reduced significantly.
- Keep cancer at bay: Soaked almonds have the power to shield you from the risk of developing colon cancer. Almonds contain high levels of fiber which helps the foods to move through the digestive tract easily so that they don’t build up in the colon. This is one of the most significant benefits of having almonds every day.
Thus, make it a practice to have a few almonds every day and enjoy the benefits it offers. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
A detoxification diet can be mighty effective in losing weight as well as getting the system cleaned. While there is a lot of opinion about the diet itself, too much restriction on food can lead to monotony. The trick is to have a right mix of everything. The right balance of fibre, protein and other nutrient is necessary for the healthy functioning of the body. Here is a list of things to remember while following a detoxification diet:
- The right amount of protein: Getting the right amount of protein is essential for the body to function properly. The body needs around 20-35 gms of protein in about every four-five hours. It boils down to 3 eggs, half a cup of chicken breast and half a cup of black beans as far as food consumption is concerned. It makes sense to stick to a light protein such as legumes, white portion of the egg, tofu, and poultry. An adult requires a minimum of 60-90 grams of protein on a daily basis. The right choice of protein in terms of taste and calorie will ensure that the detoxification diet can be stuck to.
- Include carbohydrate: Carbohydrate should get a place in the detoxification diet. The body requires a minimum of 120 grams carbohydrates on a daily basis. It can be easily achieved with a balanced diet. Certain food elements such as legume and whole grain provides enough carbohydrate for the body to function throughout the day. Some other good sources of carbohydrate include berries, quinoa, and millet.
- Keep a calorie count: In general, an adult woman needs around 1500 calories per day and a man requires around 1800 calories per day. An individual should aim for a calorie consumption of 350 during breakfast, 450 during lunch and 500 at dinner. Midday snacks should not comprise more than 150 calories on a daily basis. Fast foods containing processed fat and carbohydrate should be eliminated from the detoxification diet.
- Water: While a good detoxification can show fast results, keeping the body hydrated is necessary for the detoxification to work. Apart from hydration, water helps the body to eliminate the waste and ensure the smooth functioning of the kidney. For detoxification to work the kidney should be in great condition. Water also helps to wash away certain unwanted element from the body. A minimum of 3-4 litres of water should be consumed on a daily basis for detoxification to work.
- A healthy lifestyle: For detoxification diet to work, it is necessary to follow a healthy lifestyle. Smoking and drinking should be stopped. 8 hours of sleep and a daily exercise schedule will help an individual to stick to the detoxification diet and get achieve immediate results from it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
I am suffering from irregular periods . My period lasts just three day. I use 5 sanitary pads. I have married since 4 year and I have no baby. I took oral medicine for abortion first time. If it's risky. Will I conceive in future. My age is 31 year. Please suggest me. I much worried for this.
My marriage is going to be one year. First six month we did protected sex because we didn't plan. Afterwards wife took dry fruits and I use mustard oil as lubricant. Someone said. It effect sperm badly and create problem for conceptiin. Please suggest we ve to go for chkup. May be infectiin ll hapen due to lubricant. Now we r planning for baby. Please suggest which help us.
The woman is at risk if:
Her father or brother below age 55 or her mother or sister below age 65 have had a heart attack, stroke, angioplasty or bypass surgery.
She is over 55 years old. (After age 65, the death rate increases sharply for women)
She smokes or is exposed to second-hand smoke every day.
Her blood pressure is over 135/85 mm Hg. Optimal blood pressure is 120/80 mm Hg. Drug therapy is indicated when blood pressure is >140/90 mm Hg, or an even lower blood pressure in the setting of chronic kidney disease or diabetes (> 130/90 mm Hg).
She does not exercise for at least 30 minutes that includes moderate?intensity physical activity, like taking a brisk walk, on most days. For weight control, women need to exercise for 60?90 minutes with moderate?intensity activity on most days.
She has diabetes. After age 45, diabetes affects many more women than men. If diabetic, aim to achieve glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1c) level less than 7%.
Her HDL (High Density Lipoprotein or "good" cholesterol) is less than 50mg/dL.
LDL goals are dependent upon risk. The following levels of lipids and lipoproteins in women should be encouraged through lifestyle approaches: LDL?C <100mg/dL; HDL?C >50mg/dL; triglycerides <150mg/dL and non?HDL?C (total cholesterol minus HDL cholesterol) <130 mg/dL. If a woman is at high risk or has hypercholesterolemia, intake of saturated fat should be <7% and cholesterol intake <200 mg/d. For diabetic women, LDL should be <100. For vascular disease and very high risk women, LDL should be<70. HDL of 60 mg/dL is considered cardioprotective. One can raise HDL by taking in 2?3 tbsps of olive oil daily, quitting smoking, getting regular aerobic exercise and maintaining a healthy weight.
She is overweight by 20 pounds or more (More than one?third of women are more than 20 pounds overweight.)
Either natural or through surgery, early menopause, before the age of 40 is associated with increased risk for cardiovascular disease.
Taking birth control pills greatly increases risk of heart attack and stroke, especially after age 35.
She has a high demand/low control job with sustained high levels of stress. Stress is a normal part of life.
A healthy diet consists of eating fruits, vegetables and whole grain high?fiber foods (aim for 5 servings of vegetables and 2 servings of whole fruit daily); eating fish, especially oily fish, at least twice a week; limiting saturated fat to < 10% of energy, and if possible to <7%, cholesterol to <300 mg/dL. Limiting alcohol intake to no more than 1 drink per day; limiting sodium intake to <2.3 g/d (approximately 1 tsp salt) and avoiding all trans?fatty acids
Pregnant and lactating women should avoid eating fish potentially high in methylmercury.
Having at least three of a cluster of symptoms that are listed below put her at risk:
High blood sugar >100 mg/dL after fasting
High triglycerides, at least 150 mg/dL
Low HDL (<50 mg/dL in women)
Blood pressure of 130/85 or higher
Waist >35 inches (Waist measurement of 35 inches or more or waist?to?hip ratio greater than 0.80 is a predictor of high triglycerides and low HDL levels).