Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Madhu Agarwal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Madhu AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I am 30 week pregnant. Last week I went for the ultrasound they said as per the ultrasound your pregnancy is of 29 weeks and baby's growth is slow. My doctor also said baby growth is slow but she didn't give me the reasons why this is happening.in my whole pregnancy my in-laws family giving me lots of stress my husband too. Dats y m living a stressful life what should I do. May be bcz of this my weight is low. What should I do please suggest me.
Hi. Its since 5 month of my delivery I'm suffering from body aches, hand and leg shivering, can't do any work I feel so tired and feel to faint and fall. There is severe leg aches and back pain. What can be done to cute this doctor please help me?
People who have been victims of domestic violence not only suffer physical abuse, but from emotional abuse as well, which may stay with them for their whole life. The trauma associated with domestic violence can be deep and takes time to heal even after the relationship with the perpetrator is over and there is no communication or contact between them.
Emotional harm is greater than physical harm
Women make up the significant majority of domestic violence victims. When they face violence within the home sphere, they experience a wide range of emotions like anger, sadness, powerlessness, fear, resentment, vindictiveness and much more. Physical violence not only harms their body, but their mind and spirit are equally wrecked as the memory of being physically subjugated scars them emotionally in a very deep manner and can take years to heal.
Some of the long term impact of domestic violence on women is mentioned below.
- Any kind of physical injuries like bruises, cuts or dislocated joints and bones.
- Many women suffer from hearing impairment
- Loss of vision is also another effect
- Miscarriage or premature childbirth
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- A feeling of fatigue and weakness
In certain cases, unreported domestic violence may result in homicide or murder which is the ultimate and most unfortunate manifestation of physical abuse gone too far, That is why it is important to seek help early on before things escalate too far.
The mental effects of domestic violence take much longer time to recuperate from than the physical effects. If the shock is severe, it can render women mentally unstable for life in extreme cases. Even if a woman recovers from it, the emotional scar may remain and might manifest in the future.
- Depression: This is one of the worst mental effects of domestic violence is depression. The good news is depression is often temporary and can be cured. Signs of depression include a feeling of hopelessness, sadness, weight gain or loss, sleeplessness, loss of appetite and a consequent lack of interest in whatever you love to do. This can affect one’s decision making ability and in extreme cases can render one suicidal.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: When you encounter any violent experience, then you are most likely to develop Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. The signs of this disorder include frequent flashbacks of the traumatic experience, nightmares and extreme anxiety. Women who face these kinds of traumatic experiences find it difficult to cope with their present situation for a while. Counselling and support from their loved ones can heal these problems fast.
Other effects of domestic violence may also include seizures, addiction and substance abuse and fainting. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
My period cycle is 26 days normally but this time it came 6 days later also bleeding was very less in comparison to normal period. Blood was of bright red color. I was experiencing dizziness and exhaustion one week before period. I have been experiencing continuous white discharge from 3 days before my period. I have also back pain from this week. My body temperature is also slightly more than normal from this week. I have also had nose bleed on 2nd day of period. I feel thirsty more often. I did have unprotected intercourse with my husband on 7th day of my last period.
I am 19 years old female. I have been diagnosed with pcos. My scalp is very oily i. E. It requires hair wash almost everyday. What can I do to stop the oil secretion in my scalp? Have tried many hair cleansers. They stop working after a month or two. What hair-care routine would be suitable for me?
I am 19 years old and I made physical relationship with my boyfriend last month and I got pregnant. Please let me know which medicine I have to take for this serious problem. I do not want to give birth a child.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!