Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Madhavi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MadhaviYour feedback matters!
Resolutions often spring from guilt about failure of willpower, when the focus can be on developing new portion awareness and habits that will work throughout the year. The goal isn’t to shun foods but to be mindful of the portions we’re eating while we’re eating them.
Mitalee Doshi’s PORTION-SMART STRATEGIES
- Take a healthy portion (on a small plate), sit down, and eat slowly, savoring every bite. The longer you take to eat a portion, the less likely it is that you will reach for seconds. It takes time for the body to begin signaling satiety.
- Eat fried or sweets in small portions may be 1 or 2 pieces.
- Whenever you indulge in fried foods or sweets cut down the consumption of carbohydrates like chapati or pasta or bread or rice and Have more Salads and soups.
- Have grilled , steamed, baked or roasted dishes instead of fried ones.
- Avoid eating too heavy and spicy food late night as it causes acidity & bloating.
-Have fibre rich foods
Have more salads , stir fried vegetables,pulses,fruits .Fibre takes care of stomach satiety and controls bingeing on unhealthy snacks.
- First order for soups & salads and then go to the main course .
- Opt for vinegar or olive oil salad dressing instead of ceaser or thousand island or mayonnaise dressing.
- Drinking plenty of water & green tea will help perk up your metabolism and ease digestion of high calories.
- Exercise more to help burn extra calories consumed.
Have a Smart & Healthy Welcome to 2016
Nutrition & Wellness Expert
Hi, i' m 24 yrs old, i' m a new mom. Yet i' m a nursing mom to my baby. My periods started after giving birth. It continued for 2 weeks and furtherly stopped. Im giving breastfeeding to my 5 months old baby. But again after 4 months, again my menopause have started. But I can see heavy flow than my older menopause. This is first time, i' m getting heavy menopause, tampering for the very 3 hours. This is my 3rd day. Still having heavy flow. Y it occurs? is there any problem? I afraid of it.
Laughter is a type of response that occurs to you generally when you experience a funny or a pleasant situation. All the doctors also believe in the theory that laughter indeed is the best medicine. Laughing not only helps to cheer you up emotionally by boosting your mood, but also has complementary physical outcomes that are desirable. Here are some interesting and fascinating facts about laughter.
1. You are more likely to laugh around others - According to a medical research, it is a proven fact that laughter is generated by a person rather than a funny situation or a joke that you hear. It is the image of that person in your mind which is funny and everything he/she does or says seems to be funny for you. This is why you will probably laugh among a set of people rather than laughing all by yourself.
2. Fake laughter - A medical research conducted by Professor Scott has readily proven that the human brain has the ability to differentiate between a fake laughter and a real one. So, if you are in a group of people and somebody is trying to laugh forcibly and deliberately, then your brain is able to identify that person easily.
3. Laughter is contagious - As per the famous saying, when you laugh then the whole world laughs with you. It is a true thing and laughter is actually contagious as it tends to regulate a part in your brain when you hear others laughing.
4. Burns calories - Laughter is a good source of a physical workout as well as it burns calories when you laugh out loud. Laughing for around 10 to 15 minutes a day burns about 10 to 40 calories.
5. Leads to healthier relationships - It is a proven fact that laughing together with any individual help to strengthen the emotional bond that you share with that person. People who laugh together usually are able to trust each other more and their relationship lasts for a longer period.
6. Mood and Energy booster - Laughter is an instant booster if you are emotionally wrecked or suffering from a bad mood. It helps to cheer you up and make you feel good and confident about yourself. Additionally, it also helps to boost the energy levels if you are low on energy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
1.Learn how to eat
The first step to controlling IBS is eating properly. And not just what you eat, but when and how. Eat little and often and at regular times.
Your digestive system will then get into a good routine and eating smaller amounts will avoid bloating and diarrhoea.
Also eat slowly. Gulping food quickly can make you swallow air, which results in wind and bloating. Chew well and drink lots of water.
2 Change your pattern
Eat your biggest meals earlier in the day and have a light evening meal. Also have foods that are harder to digest like raw fruit and vegetables before 4pm.
3 Soothe yourself
Different herbs and supplements can ease the symptoms of IBS. Calcium supplements are thought to counteract diarrhoea as it slows down gut contractions.
Experts recommend linseed for constipation, while artichoke can help digestive complaints, especially after eating fatty foods.
Finally, taking 500mg of turmeric extract once a day can also help because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
4 Keep on moving
Regular exercise can reduce bloating and constipation in IBS sufferers. Even 30 minutes of moderate exercise like brisk walking or yoga five times a week will help.
5 Peppermint oil
Taken in tea, oil, herb or capsule form, peppermint oil can help alleviate symptoms by relaxing the intestinal muscles.
Peppermint tea bags are readily available or just add a few drops of oil to half a glass of warm water.
6 Try different things
There are a number of complementary therapies that might ease symptoms, including reflexology, aromatherapy, massage, acupressure and yoga.
Find one that suits you.
7 Be prepared
Many sufferers dread going out for meals for fear the stress will trigger symptoms. But planning ahead is key.
First, find out where the loo is as soon as you arrive so you know you can get there easily if you need to.
Try to have a look at the menu before you go so you can carefully pick out the safest foods for you. Lots of restaurants have their menus online.
If you’re afraid of things going wrong, take some preventative medication before you go out.
Don’t overeat. Finally, relax as stress could risk an attack.
8 Black pepper
It might not seem that powerful, but black pepper can make a big difference.
Black pepper oil soothes cramps and relieves wind and also stimulates a sluggish digestive system.
9 Breathe slowly
Some people swallow air when they’re anxious, adding to the problem of wind and bloating.
Learn to control this by practising abdominal breathing.
Sit comfortably with your shoulders lowered and relaxed. Breathe in slowly through both nostrils and count to five, expanding your tummy.
Hold for five seconds and then exhale to a count of five, drawing your stomach in.
10 Sleep tight
Too little sleep or poor sleep has been shown to have a direct impact on the severity of IBS, so avoid caffeine later in the day.
Hello am a House wife. I Was in a long-term affair with my boyfriend we were physically active but now Am married to a other guy from a period of six months am having sex with my boyfriend without protection but am worried of any infection so I have ended our relationship as I want to live my married life is there any threat of getting sick.
Me and my fiancee have active sex life for quite some time and we don't use any protection, he is been doing withdrawal method and have been following tht very strictly. My periods are delayed by a week and haven't come yet. Am I pregnant? How can I be sure about this? We plan to we'd after 6 months and not prepared to start family at this stage kindly advise what shd I do. We mutually decided not to have baby now but don't want to disclose it to our families.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
I am 27years old. I had an ectopic pregnancy operation before 6 months. It was a laser operation. But from few days I am having pain in my navel stitch. Wht should I do.
Dr. i am getting marriage in 1 month so do not want a baby for 2 years what is best contraception for ma intercourse and sexual contact. And how to use? Is there any problem in future.
Poly cystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is a condition in which women’s sex hormones estrogen and progesterone are out of balance. In Ayurveda this is “Artava” disorder. This leads to the growth of ovarian cysts (benign masses on the ovaries). PCOS can affect women’s menstrual cycle, fertility, cardiac function, mood, and hair fall, appearance of hair on facial region and overall appearance.
- While the exact cause of PCOS is unknown, doctors believe that hormonal imbalances and genetics play a role. Women are more likely to develop PCOS if their mother or sister also has the condition.
- Overproduction of the hormone androgen may be another contributing factor. Androgen is a male sex hormone that women’s bodies also produce. Women with PCOS often produce higher-than-normal levels of androgen. This can affect the development and release of eggs during ovulation. Excess insulin (a hormone that helps convert sugars and starches into energy) may cause high androgen levels.
- Ayurveda has satisfactory measures in controlling and cure of PCOS patients. Weight reduction along with specific herbal and classical preparations which control and balance the sex hormones regularizing menstrual cycle works very well.