Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Madhav H Kamat

Urologist, Mumbai

1100 at clinic
Dr. Madhav H Kamat Urologist, Mumbai
1100 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I'm a caring, skilled professional, dedicated to simplifying what is often a very complicated and confusing area of health care....more
I'm a caring, skilled professional, dedicated to simplifying what is often a very complicated and confusing area of health care.
More about Dr. Madhav H Kamat
Dr. Madhav H Kamat is a trusted Urologist in Mahim West, Mumbai. He is currently associated with Hinduja Hospital - Mahim in Mahim West, Mumbai. Book an appointment online with Dr. Madhav H Kamat on has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 32 years of experience on You can find Urologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Hinduja Hospital - Mahim

Veer Savarkar Marg, Mahim West, Mahim. Landmark:Near Bombay Scotish School, MumbaiMumbai Get Directions
1100 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Madhav H Kamat

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

Suffering from anal pain. There are some extra skin type things around anus. Pain increase when passing stool. What should I do?

PGDMLS, PGDHHM, LLB, PhD Surgery, MS - General Surgery
General Surgeon, Gurgaon
This may be due to piles or fissure, with some degree of constipation. I would suggest some general measures like 1. Take lot of vegetables & fruits in your diet 2. Avoid chillies & spices 3. Take lot of fluids 4. Avoid constipation 5 periodically do anal exercises (alternately contracting & relaxing the buttocks, anal area & upper thighs) 6. Take sitz bath 3-4 times a day. This means sitting in a tub of warm water & doing anal exercises 7. Antiworm tablets (eg zentel) once a week for 4-6 weeks 8. Apply some oil or cream on the skin around the anal verge with gentle massage, once or twice a day 9. Atleast once get it examined by a general surgeon to rule out specific conditions.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Past 7-8 days jab bhi mein urine karne jata hu to karne ke baad hi phir se aisa lagta hai ki urine aayega meri samaj mein nahi aa raha ki kya problem hai.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), M.D in Ayurveda, Ph.D
Ayurveda, Hyderabad
Mostly you may be having Diabetes, don't worry, any one fine morning with out eating any thing ie Fasting Blood Sugar to be done in any your near Laboratory available at your residence. And inform me. Then I will prescribe good Ayurvedic Medicine.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir I am an adult of 17 from last 2 nights my no. of urination has been increased suddenly. I can not sleep properly. Only for 2-3 hrs only. Sir pls help me sir pls. and I had to go washroom after 10 mints when I am on bed only for sleep. When I am doing something else this does not happens. Last night when this all happens I start studying. And I studied for 4-5 hrs in this time period I did not need to go for urination. But if I try to sleep then dis happens. Sir pls help. Me sir.

PGD Maternal Child Health, MBBS
General Physician, Akola
The posterior wall of bladder (back side) has got the trigone of bladder which is highly sensitive area. Ordinarily when bladder gets enough volume of urine stretch receptors from this area send signals to brain to give an urge for urination. Sometimes due to infections or inflammations the sensitivity is more so the frequency of calls is increased. This may also happen due a small calculus (stone) in the bladder which comes in contact with the posterior wall when you lie down in bed so the area is irritated, while this does not happen when you are sitting or standing. Try to lie down on your belly and this problem should be relieved. Get a urine exam done and also an ultrasound of abdomen for kidney ureter and bladder. Let us see if there is anything suggestive.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have stone problem. Stone in kidney. please tell me how can remove stone in my kidney. for Last 7 year having problem.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Faridabad
Tips for removing kidney stones:: 1. Avoid tea, coffee, alcohol, cold drinks, pickles, fish, poultry, meat, spinach, and chocolate. 2. Avoid sour, heavy, and dry food. 3. Increase intake of liquids like water, juice, soup, lime water lemon soda etc. 4. Be sure to drink enough water each day. Usually 1 to 2 liters of water per day is adequate. 5. Drink more if you are perspiring heavily, working outdoors, the weather is hot, etc. 6. Increase the use of barley, horse gram (a type of bean), ginger, and brown rice or parboiled rice. 7. Avoid suppressing urges to urinate and defecate. 9. Boil 10-12 basil leaves in 1 cup of water for 15 minutes. Mix 1 teaspoon of honey in it and take twice a day. Revert me back. Pls send ur USG report becoz medication for stones depends upon size number and location of stones and can be given after USG.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

It was notified that drinking concoction of parsley leaves and coriander at intervals, it clean kidneys hence I wanted to know as to what a ckd patient with restriction of half litre of water per day should act to cleanse his kidneys.

M. Sc. Foods, Nutrition & Dietetics, B.Sc-Home Science
Dietitian/Nutritionist, Visakhapatnam
Dear, please take professional guidance. A person with kidney disorder should boil vegetables, strain water and then consume the veggies. Coming to fluid intake, total urine output in a day should not exceed the patients fluid intake whether he is taking buttermilk, tea, soup, ganji, water, rasam, etc.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My wife is suffering from urinal incontinence for past 6 month. What is the treatment for the problem.

MBBS, Dnb urology
Urologist, Bangalore
Initially try some pelvic or keigels excercises. If does not help then she needs to be evaluated and treated as per need.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Loss of memory benign, enlarged prostate resulting in loss of control over urine, frustration, irritating and abusive language, irrational thoughts, suicidal thoughts etc.

BHMS, MD - Homeopathy
Homeopath, Vijayawada
Hi Lybrate user, You need to take Homeopathic remedy Anacardium 200,6 pills two times a Day for five days and consult me after 10 days for further review and treatment. All the best.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have some urination problem. When I do urinate after 5 or 7 minutes it came out drop by drop many times in a day, what can I do?

MBBS, MD - Internal Medicine
General Physician, Delhi
Dear how old are you? the most common conditions could be an enlarged prostate or an incomplete urethral stricture or a urethral or bladder diverticulitis. Kindly get an ultrasound of your kidney urethra bladder and prostate for further diagnosis and get back with the reports.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir I'm facing kidney stone pain since 8 months 3 months back consult a doctor but no result how to remove my kidney stoned pls tell me sir.

General Physician, Panipat
Small stones up to 7-8 mm are expelled with urine by Taking glassful of home made liquids every 2-3 hrs Running daily for 40 min Getting urine tested for pus cells and long term antibiotics as per report of urine culture Keep a watch on kidney functions tests as well.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have a small 4.9 mm kidney stone in my right kidney. For the past 55 days, my abdomen is paining so much in the afternoon to the evening (3 pm to 9 pm). Does this stone causing the pain? Because I have some other problems related with urination. I drink 3 lit water. So, I go to pee 15-17 times a day. I had some difficulty in peeing for the past 10 months like I had the urge to pee but when I went to pee, it took me 5 minutes to start. But the urge was powerful. Sometimes it got obstructed too. I also hold my urine a lot because of place. I consulted 2 Doctors but both of them took my condition very lightly. They told that I have anxiety problem because my ultrasound and x-ray reports are normal. Blood sugar, thyroid, BP is ok. My urine has no infection. So, they took it like a joke. They told that I have mental stress. I will die Doctor if you take my disease lightly. This is very serious for me and painful too. For the past 55 days, I stayed at home, unable to go anywhere because of severe abdomen pain. If it is anxiety then why does it pain in my whole abdomen for the past 55 days? I can feel my pain but the 2 Doctors didn't. What's wrong with me and my medicines? Why it's not working a little bit after a strict diet? Please tell me Doctor what's wrong? I can not move, can not work, can not low down or bend because of pain in right side of my naval. I am unable to go college because I can not walk a little. My exams are coming. So, my future will be spoiled if not treated soon. One more thing to add, in 13th december one boy hit me with a punch in my liver area. And I had some pain of the impact for 4 days. Does it causing pain after 2 months? I also eats rich, spicy, oily food a lot. Junk food are my favourite. I leads a unhealthy life style since 4 years. No physical activity, video game, late night sleep, wake up late. I do not drink milk and vegetables. First Doctor, after seeing my reports, he diagnosed that I had Irritable Bowel Syndrome. So he gave me Colospa retard for 15 days. He told me to change my diet to recover soon. I did the same. But after 1 month no recovery at all. Still lot of pain in my abdomen. So, I consulted a Gastroenterologist. He gave me 1) Menoctyl (twice) 2) Veloz 20 (once) 3) Drotin DS (SOS) for 1 month I am taking this medicines for the past 10 days. But no relief. Still there is a lot of pain. I know I have to complete the course of 30 days to get relief but the pain increases day by day. What should I do now? Shall I consult Homeopathy? I heard that homeopathy needs time to work. But my situation is serious. So, shall I go for homeopathy or not?

DHMS (Hons.)
Homeopath, Patna
Hello, Lybrate user, there might be obstruction in micturation due to kidney stones. You need to work on stone evacuation from kidney. Tk, homoeo medicine:@ Berb vulg Q-10 drops, thrice with little water. Avoid, junkfood, oxalate, phosphates, calcium. Report, wkly. Tk, care.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am age 50 years male, I am frequently urinating for every half an hour, no sugar, bp, what is the reason, please guide me.

M.Ch - Urology
Urologist, Dehradun
You must be having enlargement of prostate gland. Get ultrasound done of kub and prostate and uroflowmetry done.
1 person found this helpful

I am having continuous urination, weakness, cant sleep, but urine report was normal also the sugar report was normal. what should i do?

MBBS, MBA (Healthcare)
General Physician, Delhi
avoid day time sleep, avoid tea coffee cola in evening and after. 8 hours sleep is ok. 10 pm to 6 am is good timing.avoid stress. take balanced diet.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 27 years from past 3 days I am experiencing huge pain in stools passing area.

General Surgeon, Gandhinagar
Respected lybrate-user hi Avoid all oily spicy nonveg stuffs at all Have more liquids, fibers,fruits, curd for better digestion. Take Sitz bath (sitting in a tub filled with leuk warm water for 10-10 min mor.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Since I was 14 years old, I feel this disease. When I was 17, suddenly Then it became unchecked. I did not like to eating, not able to sleep well, urine and latrines did not happen properly. And not any other activities. I felt die better than live. Then I got treatment and took some medicines and Then it controlled me. I am now 22. But still I feel and suffer OCD and sometime it likes uncontrolled. Somehow I triggered by some thinking and objects around me. This human life for me it just like a hell and suffocating. Can someone advice me what to do? From which specialist should I consult with neurologist or psychiatrist?

General Physician, Jalgaon
Please No need to consult anyone Wake up early go for morning walk in greenery daily with relaxed mind Do pranayam and yoga daily Do meditation regularly Take salads and fruits more Take milk regularly Take Saraswatarishta 20 ml twice a day for 6 mths Lohasav 10 ml twice a day for 6 mths Badam pak by Patanjali 1 tsf twice a day for 6 mths Reconsult me on Lybrate after 1 month.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 50 yrs old. I urination is slower than it was & also I ejaculate very soon. What should I do for these 2 problems?

Sexologist, Panchkula
You have weak pelvic floor muscles. For this you should go for private consultation from me where I will tell you certain guidelines and medicinal treatment for this problem.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Dear sir, I have taken medicine as per doctor's consult/treatment. I am suffering from anal fissure. I have get rid of hardness stood as dispose blood in anal fissure after take to medicine. But not for long time. Same position as hard stood in anal fissure in the present time. So, please proper guide for get rid of anal fissure. Waiting with thanks,

General Surgeon, Jaipur
Have you consulted a surgeon? plenty of liquids. High fiber diet, warm sitz baths, pain relieving jelly, anal sphincter relaxing ointments, stool softener, analgesic, use of anal dilator. Or finally surgery is required. Consult a surgeon immediately.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I had kidney transplant 3 years back. Recently I started consuming apple cider vinegar dilute it with water 3 time a day before meal. Just for weight management. Want to know is it safe for my kidney?

General Physician, Chandigarh
You should not add or distract anything from your diet and daily regime without the prior consultation with your treating doctor.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi Proximal right ureter is mildly dilated. One calculus of size 8 mm seen at 4.4 cm below PUJ.(sonography EVALUATION OF ABDOMEN AND PELVIS) IMPRESSION:- FEATURES SUGGESTIVE OF PROXIMAL RIGHT URETERIC CALCULUS WITH MILD HYDRONEPHROSIS AND HYDRO-URETER Sir pl say how to cure from this dis with out surgery. I have take some medicine 1. Cefixime tab 2. zerodol- spas (Aceclofenac ). Please suggest

MS - General Surgery, MBBS
General Surgeon, Delhi
You are having rt ureteric stone in proximal ureter. Stone upto size of 5 mm is usually come out by itself but your is 8 mm it has to be operated urgently. There is no treatment without surgery.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed