Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. M ThakkarYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from big black spot on face and pimple. Itbis too much on my face. So how I reduce it?
Why my face is too oily at the age of 39? Is this normal at this age or is there any hormonal problem?
Hi, I'm 22 year male brown skin colour, as days passes my skin tone is getting darker and i'm losing my face brightness too, even I don't go outside in afternoon, whole day i'm in office but still i'm getting darker day by day, and getting blemishes too. What should I do.
Hello sir. My sister is suffering from lucoderma. May I know that my sister will get come back in normal life. Her 60% skin become white.
- Facial skin fairness and desire to have acne-less and blemishes-less face has been a need of men and women (esp. young girls) since time immemorial. Modern market forces exploited this demand by selling chemicalized and synthetic facial creams without caring for side - effects to the users. Users also, in a quest to get quick remedies, became careless and ruined their skin tone and glow for years in most of the cases.
- Its a good sign now that people have understood the principles and benefits of Ayurveda and demand for these things have increased manifold in recent decade.
- But frankly speaking, it will benefit those perfectly and GUARANTEEDLY who follow the basic principles laid down for taking such treatment.
- Cleansing the intestines, detoxification of the body, controlling and modifying food habits, following the intake of medicines with permissible vehicles (Anupaana) i.e. some herbs to be taken with water, some with honey, some with turmeric or honey as per DOSHAS vitiation. Then timing of taking medicines such as before or after food or mid way of food intake are important.
- Avoiding certain foods or food combos are very important. In acne and blemishes salt is to be taken in restricted quantity -or not at all- to get rapid benefits. Similarly certain do's if advised such as taking certain herbs, foods etc, if instructed, should be followed such as Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) or Neem decoction, turmeric milk etc should be honoured.
- Cleansing the intestines by soft laxatives and herbal bitters doing 'pittavirechan' (bile excretion), raktashodhan (blood purification) by certain simple Kwathas (Decoctions) of herbal combos, application of facial scubs and packs by 'Varnyadi Gana' herbs (classic herbal group of ten herbs advised in Ayurveda) are of unique importance.
- As we see in day to day interactions, people are not very careful about following the restrictions of food such as salt as told above or avoiding 'abhishyandi' (channel blockers such as curd) food. There's still no side effect but expected response period or degree of effect certainly goes down. However in Rasa Chikitsa (calcined metals and precious stones) 'Anupaana' gains more importance else some unwanted effects may be seen.
- So its better to follow Vaidya's (Ayurvedic Doctor's) instructions for any kind of Ayurvedic treatment. When you are using herbs for BEAUTY, it becomes more important to follow the instructions so that effects and perception are clearly visible in shortest possible time period.
My son aged 30 years has developed boils, on his back and some parts of the body recently he compliant that boils are also on his testicles and at times he feel itching. There is no puss. Kindly show me some remedy Thanks.
Hai my name is vivek around my mouth so much dark I used many skin lightening creams but when I use it goes and when I stop it comes again I am getting so depressed please what is the solution please tell me.
Please suggest me some tips for pigmentation on my face .how can I make my face clean and fair like before.
Hi I'm a male or boy I roam in the sun everyday my skin looks and has become dark and black please tel me wat should I do or wat should I apply on my face and body please tel me plz.
What precautions to be taken to dark circles on face please suggest me. & also for what should I do to glow skin?
I Have a black and big scars on my forehead, It was because of pimple and pollution. I consulted many doctors and took various treatment but I failed to overcome from the problem. The problem with that scars is, it is not healing from inside and leaves black scabs over it. Please suggest me the permanent solution. Thanks in advance.
I had black circles under my eyes. Sir please suggest me a cream. Please help mee. Black circle under my eyes.
A popular cosmetic procedure, thread lift, is like routine work in aesthetic medicine. There are three different methods for thread lifting known as beauty threads, non-surgical thread lifting, and surgical thread lifting. While all procedures are used principally for the face, they can also be used on the cleavage, neck area, and other body areas as well. All three methods help to incite collagen production, re-establishing firmness.
Should You Take the Plunge and Opt for a Thread Lift?
With age, skin tissues tend to thin down because of the breaking down and diminished production of elastin and collagen- the two essential components that keep the skin toned and firm. Along with the loss of muscle mass, bone density and fat cells, aging causes folds, sagging, wrinkles and creases in the skin. A thread lift can modify the effects of aging on the physical appearance by drawing up loose skin without going into operational complexities.
Things to Understand before Booking a Thread Lift Session
A thread lift stimulates the collagen production, tightens the surrounding tissues, and increases blood supply, thus increasing the firmness of skin. The results of thread lift can persist up to quite a few years, depending on the lifestyle and physiological condition of the patient.
Thread-lifting has become a tremendously popular process that incorporates various methods and combinations. However, a single kind of thread does not befit all, so deciding the appropriate type that will suit your skin type and requirements is very essential. Also, another factor that stands on equal importance is the doctor you are considering to collaborate. Always go for well-established renowned doctors in these delicate cases. The latest thread lift is hardly an invasive procedure, and with minimal downtime risk, it is obtaining a fast popularity.
How Do Thread Lifts Work?
The advanced and the most recent cosmetic procedure in this type of lift is dermal thread lift. A thread lift is swift and does not require surgery as such. Previously in surgical methods, a barbed thread was used that would be surgically attached to the skin. The minute barbs held on to the sagging skin. It required hospitalization and postoperative care. But these days there are non-surgical procedures available.
Possible Risk Factors
When operated by an experienced or licensed cosmetic or dermatological surgeon, thread lift techniques are extremely reliable. Nevertheless, lesser side effects may occur including muscle weakness, mental bruising and blistering in areas affected, which typically settle on their own by a week. Sometimes there can be a possibility of risks and complications like mild scarring, migraine, dimpling of the skin, hair loss or in a few sporadic cases, insensibility in the treated area due to nerve lesions. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
With the growing importance on how a person looks, everybody is obsessed with trying to look younger and prettier. Skin that is flawless, glowing, and clear is not just something celebrities want but is every person’s dream. It is no wonder that the cosmetic industry has grown by leaps and bounds in terms of technology and chemical based treatments.
Talking of cosmetic skin treatments, two of the most common methods are chemical peels and microdermabrasion. Read on to know about these skin exfoliation techniques.
The skin has multiple layers, and with constant exposure to the environment, the top layers are constantly exposed to pollution and dust and sunlight. This makes the skin very dull and weary. There are also dead cells on the top, which need to be removed so that fresh cells from the underlying layers surface up to give the skin a fresh, glowing look. This is known as skin exfoliation.
Due to various reasons, when skin does not repair naturally, the role of chemical peels comes in play. This helps in removing these top layers, thus, in turn, removing the rough, dry layers and giving the skin, a good texture.
What is done?
- Skin is cleansed and a chemical is applied which penetrates the skin. These are usually enzymes from the fruits or vegetables or alpha hydroxyl acid or phenols
- The process is repeated multiple times with gaps of few days to help in fresh skin generation, depending on expected results
- Topical moisturizer and sunscreen should be used post treatment.
This is a physical exfoliation technique, in that the top layers are manually cleared of debris and dead cells. This produces instant results, but cannot be used in acute cases where the skin is inflamed or sensitive.
What is done?
- A crystal or diamond tip which has fine aluminum or diamond particles is used to abrade the skin
- This removes any dead cells and debris
- These are suctioned away
- The result is velvety, smooth skin which is soft, bright, and glowing
- Can also be combined with other rejuvenation procedures like laser
- Should be repeated on a monthly basis for optimal results
- It also helps penetration of topical creams and lotions, making them more effective.
While both are well-proven techniques for exfoliation, the treatment option is decided by the doctor by consulting the patient. Each person’s response to such treatments is different, so choose the treatment that will be most beneficial and effective for you.