Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M Thakkar
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. M ThakkarYour feedback matters!
Everyone desires to have a glowing skin and it is very important that the face is washed regularly and moisturized to keep it smooth. Many beauty treatments are available to make the skin look young and radiant, but some of them are also ineffective and do not reduce the effects of aging. Some treatments like use of chemical peels, photofacial treatment and microdermabrasion are useful in returning the glow of your skin.
Use of chemical peels
The use of chemical peels mainly involves the use of chemicals to remove the upper layer of the skin. The layer of the skin is peeled easily as additives or some wax is added in the chemical peels. The remaining cells are moisturized by the acidic solution and it also helps in the promotion of collagen production and gives your face an even complexion. Acne problem can be treated using chemical peels and these peels can be used even on hands and neck. Nevertheless, there are some side effects that are caused by chemical peels as well.
Side-effects caused by Chemical peels
1. Use of chemical peels on the face sometimes causes scarring, characteristically on the lower part of the face. The appearance of the scars can be reduced using steroid medications and antibiotics.
2. The common side effects that are caused by the use of chemical peels are itching, redness and swelling of the skin.
3. Sometimes the color of the skin gets a little more darkened by using chemical peels or even lighter than normal and this condition is permanent.
4. The herpes virus that causes cold sores is flared up by use of chemical peels.
5. Carbolic acid is used in deep chemical peels and it can damage the heart muscles and even cause irregular heartbeat.
6. Carbolic acid or phenol used in the peels can harm the liver and kidneys. Hence, to avoid its side-effects the peel must be used at an interval of 10 to 20 minutes.
Who should not use a chemical peel?
1. Chemical peels are not advised for people who have been taking acne medication for the past 6 months or for people having dark complexion.
2. People with freckles and pale complexion or red hair must not use chemical peels
3. You should not use chemical peels if you have a history of severe outbreaks of cold sores.
My sister age 22 years. A red spot in body after some day sport convert white than some month it is recover and gap in nail plus white sport in scalps.
I am 36 years old man having black marks on my both face cheecks since two years, I have used elcon cream for whitening the spots, its controled but again coming black pigmentation. Kindly sugget right medician to wipe of black spots please.
One skin specialist suggest me to take xetox injection (glutathione) for skin whitening so shall I go for it?
I have lots of pimples on my face and oily skin in summer season. Help me what I do. And tell me some creams or medicine.
Am able to feel some kind of skin formed near the anus. Is it symbolisation for piles. But am not suffering from any pain, blood motions or other symptoms of piles. Can you please suggest me what is that and the further process.
A glowing and clear skin is something that we all aspire to have. Irrespective of age, gender or profession, having a skin free of acne, blackheads, whiteheads and marks is something that is a welcome sight, for your own self as well as others who see you. A lot of people are blessed with impeccably flawless skin but they are many others who may have to go through treatments or medications to make sure that they are able to achieve the look that they desire the most.
As the year's pass, they tend to take a toll on our body as well as our skin. One of the most prominent areas, where the skin starts showing signs of aging is our face. We have many ways with which we can manage to stop this wear and tear and look younger for longer. One of these methods is the use of chemical peels.
How it works:
Chemical peels are basically very light acids which are formulated into a peel with help of other chemicals. It works by dissolving the dead cells of the topmost layer of the skin. This procedure reveals a new layer of skin, which is visibly brighter and younger. After the application of the peel, a neutralizer is applied to cease the action of the peel. Different skin types and skin issues may require varied concentrations of and type of chemical peel and only an expert in the field may be able to decide the exact need.
Since the skin may become a bit sensitive after the treatment, it is essential that anyone who undergoes peeling treatment ensures following precautions:
- The skin may become sensitive to soap, which is why washing the skin with soap needs to be avoided for 24 hours or as instructed by the specialist.
- If there is mild redness of the skin, a cold compress can be used to ease the irritation. However, if the irritation or redness is excessive, it needs to be brought to notice of the doctor.
- Bleaching, waxing, facials or other such treatments should be avoided for at least a week or as suggested by the dermatologist.
- It is also advisable to avoid heavy makeup for a short period of time after the chemical peel is carried out so that the skin gets enough time to recover itself.
Chemical peeling has several advantages:
- It is a safe and effective procedure with minimal complications.
- It is inexpensive and totally affordable.
- It can be easily combined with other modalities like micro-needling and microdermabrasion.
- Many peels can be done as a lunch-time procedure and patient can resume work immediately.
With the advent of the wide variety of peeling agents, a large number of problems can be addressed and peels can be customized according to needs of the patients. With the best medically approved cosmetic practices at your disposal, you may have to look no further for the glowing and radiant skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.