Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M. Satish
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. M. SatishYour feedback matters!
Many women experience pain in their genitals intermittently or a few times during their lives which may be caused by varying factors. However, when pain in the vulva and the surrounding area occurs in regular cycles or constantly without any underlying reasons, it is known as Vulvodynia. This is characterized by pain in the vulva, the surrounding areas, the entrance to the vagina and the urethra. Let's look at some of the treatment options for Vulvodynia:
1. Topical or local anesthetics: As Vulvodynia is a condition due to the abnormal sensitivity of the area surrounding the vulva, using anesthetics will help to ease the pain. Treatments like ointment and sprays will numb the area and ease the symptoms. This can even be applied before sexual intercourse if it is a trigger for pain.
2. Injections that act as nerve blocks: Some women may experience sensitivity as they may have neural problems and due to this sensitivity in the nerves in the genital area, may suffer from Vulvodynia. This is usually treated with nerve blocks or medications that reduce the sensitivity of the nerves. This should be only after consultation with the doctor.
3. Biofeedback therapy: There are certain forms of physical therapy which can be employed to reduce pain from Vulvodynia. Biofeedback therapy primarily deals with this problem by teaching patients to relax muscles.
4. Physical therapy of the pelvic floor muscles: This is also a common therapy where the patients are taught to relax and control the pelvic muscles. These are the muscles which support the bowel, the bladder and the uterus and specific exercises will help relax them, reducing the symptoms as well as decreasing the incidences of intermittent Vulvodynia.
5. Medications: This is the most common treatment for Vulvodynia. Various medications can be prescribed to patients depending on the type of pain they experience, such as Antihistamines for itching, tricyclic antidepressants for chronic pain among others. Steroids and anticonvulsants are also used to reduce pain.
6. Surgery of the affected area: If your pain is chronic and can't be treated by any other method, then doctors might suggest surgery to remove the bits of tissue from the affected area to reduce sensitivity and pain. However this is done only in the rarest of cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I missed my periods with 4 days and I have all symptoms of pregnancy. When I took the Test by today which means 4 day after missing my periods and it was negative. Is there any other way to confirm that I am pregnant?
Hello Doctor, I am 18 years old girl, I want to know that, I taken 2 unwanted 72 tablets in last week, so I want to know, what is the side effects happen in my body or it creates any problem in future regarding pregnancy. How it is if I take I pill tablet or unwanted 72 tablets regularly basic or like 1 tablet in a month? Is there any side effects for me? Coz my age is 18 running only. Could you please tell me about it. Please suggest me. I am waiting for your response.
I am 23 years old and I have a cyst in right ovary measuring of size 41mm. 4 yrs back it was of 1 cm. I had been taking dayna 35 for last 4 yrs but hv stopped just 4 months ago. Please advice is it somthing serious.
2016 Feb 4 i got marriage. In march I was pregnant bt on 26th I got abortion. Bt mam now im feeling vomiting sensation, breast pain, giddiness, stomach pain. Is it any chance to get pregnancy in one week aftr abortion.
I had a relationship 1 year back and we had physical relations. My boyfriend was masturbating and his semen went a little in my vagina .we never had sex. But after 2 months I started to have few symptoms like pain and burning sensation in the urine, vaginal itching and abdomen pain and in between it used to get normal but frequently I noticed these symptoms. I thought these symptoms were normal or may be due to menstrual flow but now the symptoms have increased a little. So is there any chance that I could be pregnant or could catch any kind of infection?
Exercise should be an essential part of our daily routine like brushing teeth, bathing, eating or even breathing. Why so? Lets see the numerous benefits of exercise apart from weight loss...