Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. M. P. MaheshwariYour feedback matters!
On 3rd of september 2015 i had a mouth cancer lower alevious surgery in Mumbai and on 22nd november 2015 i completed my radiations. It is adviseable to drink alcohol 2 - 3 times in a month.
Cervix is the tissue that connects the vagina and the uterus and is an important part of female reproductive system. Cervical cancer like any other form of cancer refers to an abnormal growth of cells on the cervix, one that if undetected at the initial stages, can involve tremendous complications which are often fatal. It is one of the most common ailments that women suffer from, making it only more important to be taken seriously and treated immediately.
Some of the visible symptoms of this ailment are:
- Abnormal bleeding from the vagina: Though menstruation is a natural occurrence in a woman's life, often times you can suffer from abnormal bleeding from the vagina, which may precede, succeed or occur between periods. Such abnormal bleeding is symptomatic of cervical cancer and you must visit a doctor immediately.
- Pain in the abdomen: In case you are suffering from cervical cancer, clear signals will be given by your body indicating that. One such signal is a nagging pain in the abdomen or in the pelvis. Though it may appear harmless, you must not treat it lightly and consult a doctor as soon as possible.
- Excruciating pain during periods: Experiencing pain during periods is a matter of such compliance that it seldom raises any concern. However, in certain cases the pain may be more than what you generally experience. In such a situation, it must not be dismissed entirely rather must be consulted with a doctor.
The most common test is used to diagnose cervical cancer is known as a pap test. In this particular examination, a sample of cells from your cervix will be taken by the doctor for examination. If the inference is reliant on the normal or the abnormal growth of these cells, the latter confirming the onset of the ailment.
In spite of being an extremely lethal ailment, over the years various treatments have evolved that successfully deal with this problem. Some of them are:
- Surgery: One of the effective and oft availed of treatment to treat cervical cancer is a surgery. Depending on the stage on which the disease is detected, doctors may suggest for a hysterectomy or removing the pelvic lymph nodes.
- Chemotherapy: This has emerged as the most sought after way of treating any form of cancer. The abnormal growth of cells that triggers cancer in the first place is deterred in this method by administering drugs to kill destroy them.
I am 25 year old. 1 week back I found small lump inside my right side breast and it s paining when I touch (press). Is this serious problem?
Hi Doctor, How to protect our selves from getting cancer. What should be the step to protect from" CANCER" & what should be the Diet? What are the symptoms of early cancer and how can it be detected at the early stage? What are the reasons for getting cancer & is the Symptoms?
Ultra sonography report: normal in shape & size with protuberant nipple there are no sub - areolarductal dilatation. Parenchymal echo-textures appear to be homogenous. Reveals few, more or less, well defined cystic s. O. L of varying sizes in both the breasts. Cyst in right lower outer quadrant: 0.61cm*0.27cm. Cyst in left upper inner quardrant: 0.80cm*0.74cm. Cyst in let lower outer quadrant: 1.24cm*1.26 cmcm. Another ill-definedhypoechoic s. O. L of size (1.21cm*0.72cm) is also seen in right upper outer quadrant. Thereare no axillary lymphadenopathy. Impression: breast cyst (bilateral) s. O. Lin right breast.
FNAC report suggestive of well differentiation squamous cell carcinoma with meta static deposits site rt cervical lymhphnode pt. problem small area of ulceration pt. in my sister.Please tell sir.
Carrying on from my previous post, another important type of stem cell transplant is known as an autologous transplant, in which the patient's own stem cells are harvested in a manner similar to the harvest of donor cells.
After harvest, the patient is treated with high-dose chemotherapy. Autologous transplant is done mostly in multiple myeloma (standard of care), relapsed high-grade lymphomas (commonly diffuse large b cell) and Hodgkin lymphoma. After high-dose chemotherapy there is an intervening period of low blood counts when the patient is susceptible to infections and bleeding. Support is given in the form of blood, platelet transfusions and antimicrobial drugs. The stem cells start producing blood cells by around day 11 and recovery occurs. The outcome depends on the status of the disease before transplant. Patients in remission prior to transplant do much better in the long term than those with active disease.
Generally speaking, around 50 percent patients with relapsed lymphoma get cured with this approach. Multiple myeloma is a more complex disease and is known to relapse after varying intervals after transplant. Transplant in this scenario improves overall survival and provides freedom from disease for a few years.