Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. M.M BahadurYour feedback matters!
I have a 4.9 mm right kidney stone which was diagnosed 3 months ago. And I had severe abdominal pain since 23rd january. I can not walk, can not move, can not lean forward because of pain in my whole intestines. I am unable to go to college, all day long sitting on a chair. I also have some difficulty in peeing. Late urine, urethral stricture, forcefully peeing etc. I also have stool problem like twice potty in the morning before and after breakfast. Stools are different in shape, liquid, jelly type. 1) Urologist 2) Gastroenterologist 3) laparoscopic Surgeon All of them took that tiny stone as a joke. They said it will flush out itself if I drink 5 litre water. But I can not take it for granted. I believe I need surgery.
Why there occurs a need for micturition many times and no control for urination and it happens during few and not all days.
My mom's kidney is not functioning properly. She has been receiving treatment but it's not helping and Her body is turning dark and there appears black patches, Her skin is sagging, And she's not eating food properly and Her condition is worsening and She suffers with severe leg pain please advise.
My age is 26. I have frequent urination problem and slightly pain in right kidney. This is caused due to I was holding the urine for long time. My urine test is normal, there is no stone. And USG shows right kidney is mildly enlarged. Is it prostate problem?
Heavy pain or burn during urination and stomach Problems like food digesting very late and feeling weakness always.
Just after physical exercise jogging I experience light reddish urine I have kidney stone problem and I want to know whether this kidney stone cause thrush?
Can drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water. What is the best water to drink?
While I urinate after a little time a few drops of urine comes. Please advice what medicine should I take.
My brother 68 years has a creatinine level 6.2 and bp also on increased side 90 to 145 approx. Also increased urea in blood n urine. He lives far away in hilly village. 6 months back I gone to him and gone through the doctor and lab test done. But now there r not expert doctors. Even he does not want to take these allopathic medicine by getting bored and he feels these allopathic medicine are losing his strength and weaken him. 2ndly the medicine r costly too. He has no source of income. Only 1000 rupees monthly old age pension. Please Suggest accurate ayurvedic and homeopathic medicines for his life saving. So that he could properly care for his poor condition. He doesn't want to take allopathic medicine even ready to die. Homeopathy may pl take care of cold weather in hills. I want to treat him homeopathy and ayurvedic medicine. Please advice so that I may help him. With great obligation and hope.
Obstruction of the bile duct is characterized by the blockage of the bile duct. The function of the bile ducts is to transport bile to your small intestine. The bile is excreted in order to digest fats from the food.
There are two types of bile ducts in the body
- Intrahepatic ducts: These ducts are small tube like structures that carry the bile to extrahepatic ducts
- Extrahepatic ducts: Extrahepatic ducts are two ducts that descend from the liver into the body's small intestine
The bile comprises of waste products, bile salts and cholesterol. The liver excretes bile which flows through the bile ducts and is stored in the gallbladder. If the bile ducts are blocked then the bile accumulates in the liver and can lead to jaundice.
Certain causes of this particular condition are mentioned below
1. Bile duct obstruction may result from gallstones
2. If you have inflammation in your bile ducts
3. Narrowing of the bile ducts
4. Enlargement of the lymph nodes
5. Bile duct tumors
6. Tumors in the pancreas
7. Various infections such as hepatitis
8. Liver complications such as cirrhosis
9. Various parasites may lead to bile obstruction
10. Inflammation of the pancreas
11. If you have weak immune systems, then it may lead to infections that may result in bile duct obstructions
The symptoms are
1. You may experience yellowish skin
2. You may have symptoms of fever and vomiting
3. Abdominal pain especially in the upper part
4. Stools may be light colored
5. You may pass urine that is dark in color
The various treatment options for obstruction of the bile duct are surgeries that remove the blockage. Other treatment options are an ERCP (Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography) and a cholecystectomy which is the process of removal of the gallbladder. ERCP is another procedure that is used to get rid of gallstones from the gallbladder. You may prevent it by consuming a lot of fiber in your diet. Make lifestyle changes such as exercising on a regular basis and eating healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.
I got every 5-5 mins toilet is it major issue or not My age is 23 yrs My urine color mostly like water Any problem then medicine.
I am suffering from kidney stone. Last 8 months last 6 month I checked up with ultra sound and there seems 3 stone in right kidney and 2 stones in left kidney. After that according to my Dr. I used homeopathy treatment regularly 2 months and after I got relif but now I feel again pain before last months in kidney. And again in ultra sound report 3 Stones are seems in excess size 1 is 6.5 mm in left kidney, and 5 mm and 4.7 mm in right kidney. I went to a urologist and he did made my treatment with english medicine. Now what will I do suggest me. Can I go for again home pathy treatment?
Hi my age 23. I have kidney stones in left side. The size of the stone is 5mm and also I have pain in left testis in sometimes. testis pain is related to kidney stones are not. And previous 3 months I use homeopathy medicine. Recently I was joined a gym. My gym master suggest me take 3 boiled eggs per day. It is any harmful to take eggs to my body. I was read in somewhere that boiled eggs is harmful to kidney stones patient. What is right please suggest me sir.
Are you suffering from kidney stones and looking for an effective, natural treatment? You should choose homeopathy, as it works well in treating kidney stones. A kidney stone is a hard, crystalline, mineral development in your kidneys or urinary tract. The condition is called nephrolithisis. Kidney stones occur due to a reduction in your urine volume, and because of the presence of excess stone-forming substance in your urine. Homeopathic treatment of kidney stones does not involve any side effects, and various homeopathic medicines are used as a part of the treatment. Some of them are as follows:
- Benzoic acid
- Benzoic acid is prescribed in case of nephritic colic.
- Offensive urinary symptoms are experienced. The urine is usually deep red with strong and foul odor.
- The urine may alternatively be thick, and clear.
- Argentinum nit
- This homeopathic medicine is used for treating kidney stones, which develop because of kidney congestion.
- Dull backache and ache in the bladder are experienced, along with dark urine, containing deposits of uric acid and blood.
- A patient experiences an increased urge for urination, but a very small amount of urine is passed at once.
- A burning sensation while passing urine is indicated along with swelling of the urethra.
- This homeopathic medicine is used during the paroxysms of renal colic. Extreme pain and excitement are indicated.
- The pain may be cutting in nature, and it shoots in various directions, affecting your limbs and different parts of the body.
- There is an increased urge to urinate, and an aversion to fluids is developed by a patient in spite of feeling thirsty.
- This is another effective homeopathic remedy used for treating kidney stones, when the patient experiences a shooting pain radiating from a certain point and he or she becomes unable to move because of the pain.
- Also there is a darting pain experienced in the ureter, extending down to your legs.
- There is an indication of the development of little pinheads in the pelvis that starts growing down your bladder.
You must consult a licensed homeopathic practitioner before taking homeopathic medicines for the treatment of kidney stones. A doctor will suggest you the best homeopathic medicines based on the symptoms you experience and the severity of the condition.
Gd mrng sir. I am 50 male. I am having a problem with passage of urine I don't have burning or pain while passing my urine but my stream & flow of urine is slow since last 4 years. I have bloodpressue & for that I am taking telma 40 & I have not started medicine for my blood sugar yesterday my fasting was 109. Sir I had a, renal calculi way back in june 2001 is it having any correlation with weak urine flow becoz that time I took homeopathy medicine & got respite from it. After thatvI have gone through ultrasound twice but things were normal. Sir please advice me some medicine for this problem of weak urine flow. I don't have any sexual contacts since last seven years. Expecting your kind suggestion in this regard.
Kidney or renal stones refer to the hard mineral deposit that accumulates along the path from the renal pelvis to the bladder. In normal conditions, toxins are filtered by kidneys from the blood and then passed into the urine. But if this waste does not dissolve fully, crystals are formed and these might get stuck in the ureter. Renal stones are common though and can be treated effectively. But you should first know how to detect it.
Signs and symptoms
If kidney stones are small, they might pass on with urine, and not cause any pain. But large stones can obstruct the flow of urine and lead to severe pain. Also remember that the location of the stone and the way it is travelling through your urinary tract can affect the symptoms you face. Sometimes, you might feel a sharp pain in your back or lower abdomen. In other cases, the pain may be constant or come and go, or the intensity might fluctuate.
Here are some other symptoms to watch out for
- Pain during urination, cloudy urine, urine that smells different and the frequent urge to urinate
- Blood due to kidney stones can make urine pink, red, or brown
- Nausea, vomiting, fever or chills
- Pain that increases in severity and stops you from standing, sitting or lying easily
- The pain might start in the early morning or late night, since people urinate less then
Though small kidney stones are often dissolved with medication, larger stones might create blockages and have to be removed in a hospital. The good news is that, now you don’t have to undergo any invasive surgery to get rid of renal stones. The new-age Holmium YAG laser technique can carry out this process with minimal cuts.
This laser sends intense and short infrared light pulses to break the stones into tiny pieces, which can then be passed out with urine. Patients also face lesser complications and get well quickly too.
More on the procedure
- The laser beam passes through a 0.2mm wide wire, which can easily rotate to reach stones whether big or small. Any location in the kidneys, tubes or bladders also becomes easily accessible. Hence the wire can directly contact the stone, without harming any other tissue.
- In laser lithotripsy, a very thin tube with a small camera is inserted into the patient’s urethra to guide the doctor towards the stone. Laser pulses, each lasting not even 0.0003 seconds are then targeted towards the stone.
- Depending on the number and size of stones, this treatment takes 10 minutes to 1 hour and is conducted under general anesthesia. The patients recover fast and are discharged soon after.
- The disintegrated pieces of the stones are also sent for analysis to see what is causing the problem and how the patient can prevent it in future.
Kidney stones can be prevented by drinking lots of water and avoiding alcohol. If the stones are being caused by uric acid, ammonia, or calcium, then certain diet changes might be suggested. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.