Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. M K JainYour feedback matters!
Hi Everyone. My wife have taken two tests, one on the 3rd day when she missed her period and one five days after (in the morning). Both are negative. She has small constant cramps in lower abdomen and backaches. Today Morning she noticed a drop of spotting spotting with white discharge but not heavy, only one drop. Can She be pregnant despite the negative test results? Do I need to wait for few more days or you want me to consult with DR's? I appreciate any response to this question.
Respected sir I just getting pain on belly one side actually I just working in software line I have to do my computer work more than 9 hours its make me eye problems and back problem. I get pain one side belly. Why I just get that type pain. Is this any symptoms. Kindly help me.
I am 26 years old girl and have pain in my left knee since past 5-6 months. I went to the doctor who gave me painkillers and asked to get my uric acid tested, which was normal. What should I do now?
I am 25 year old male and have backache for last 2 months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but haven’t got any relief. What should I do now?
I am 31 year old and I have two knee pain . I have used some pain relief balm but no result. Should I do?
I am feeling ache in my neck, it feel pain when I turn my neck, I applied pain reliever cream, but no satisfying solution. I think it is neck cramp. Kindly guide me.
Gout is a type of arthritis that causes inflammation, usually in one joint, that begins suddenly.
Gouty arthritis is caused by the deposition of crystals of uric acid in a joint.
Gout can cause symptoms and signs such as
Nodules under the skin called tophi,
- Joint redness,
- Swollen joints,
- Joint pain,
- The warmth of the joint.
The most reliable method to diagnose gout is to have fluid removed from an inflamed joint and examined under a microscope for uric acid crystals.
The primary dietary goal for gout is to limit your intake of foods with high amounts of purine in them. Ideally, you will have little or no foods that are high in purine and only small amounts of those with moderate amounts of purine.
Foods considered high in purine content include:
- Some fish, seafood and shellfish, including anchovies, sardines, mackerel, scallops, herring, mussels, codfish, trout, and haddock
- Some meats such as bacon, turkey, veal, venison, liver, beef kidney, brain, and sweetbreads
- Alcoholic beverages
Foods considered moderate in purine content include:
- Meats such as beef, veal, poultry, pork, and lamb
- Crab, lobster, oysters, and shrimp
- Vegetables such as asparagus, spinach, green peas, mushrooms, and cauliflower
- Kidney beans, lentils, and lima beans
Your other goals will be to:
- Lose weight if you are overweight: make sure that you do this slowly because fast weight loss will actually increase the uric acid levels in your blood.
- Drink plenty of fluids: this can help with removing uric acid from your blood. Be sure to limit fluids with caffeine and/or calories; water and seltzer are the best choices.
- Increase your low-fat dairy intake: there has been some research that has shown that those who drink low-fat milk or consume low-fat yogurt have lower uric acid levels than those who do not.
- Keep your fruit and vegetable intake up: you may get a reduction in your uric acid levels by having fruit, such as cherries, and vegetables (those that are not sources of purine), as part of your diet.
- Chronic gout is treated using medications that lower the uric acid level in the body.
- Left untreated, gout can cause irreversible joint damage, kidney problems, and tophi.
- Triggers for gout attacks include surgery, dehydration, beverages sweetened with sugar or high fructose corn syrup, beer, liquor, red meat, and seafood.
- Cherries may help prevent gout attacks.
Hi Doctor, I am a female of 45 years old. I am diabetic from 2 years. I am keeping it in control till now. But, I have got trigger finger to the middle finger which they say will go only by operation. Being diabetic I am scared to do so. Before it was there to the middle finger, but now I am facing the pain even in the thumb. Can you please suggest me to say is there any alternative other than operation. What best can I do. Thank you.
I am sany aagarwal I am 40 years old I had a leg pain for this pain I take many medicines n lot more but still it is there so suggest me I do ehat.
From past few day I am getting pain near my shoulder. I went massage center he told that its just muscle pain. While I am lifting hand its paining a lot. What to do now?
I have pain in my back (left side below) since two years. And I have done x-ray but it was normal and medicines also still no change. No pain in my burns also. What should I do. It pains very much when I sleep.
I am 33 years old male, on January while playing cricket my left knee twist I applied ointment an also tablet but haven't got relief so in this can I do 7 mints workout exercise.
I am 60 yrs old male. My both hands are shaking while I am doing any thing like writing, taking meals, using laptop since last8-10yrs
I have met with accident. And I was injured. There is no any fractures but injuries are there. I am using megapen capsules an antibiotic and megaheal ointment to heal the injuries. But the injuries are not getting recovered since 10 days. I kindly request you to suggest good antibiotics and ointment.
I am 24 years old female. I have legs pain since 2 months? I am having dolo 650 and nicip tablets? Can you prescribe some good medicines?
My mothers age is 46 ,since two days she is getting pain in upper part of her left hand. We are worried is that a serious problem.
I am 30. Nar my elbow I always feel pain in a bone. When I carry heavy weight pain will more, I close my hand feel pain. I consult with a doctor he gave me a injection on the bone near elbow. He said tenis elbow. I am working and the pain now increasing day by day. What can I do? what is my actual problem? please give me some suggsion. I will be thankful to you.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder in which the body recognizes the body's own system as foreign and produces an inflammatory reaction. The synovium which is the space between the bones and the joints and contains a lubricating fluid which allows easy movement of the joints.
Inflammation of this space leads to painful, swollen joints that can also turn red and become stiff over a period of time. The joint surfaces can gradually progresses to produce deformities (the swan-neck deformity of the hand for instance) and disability.
Because it is an autoimmune disorder, the exact etiology is not known but lifestyle, stress, cold weather are supposedly predisposing factors. That being the case, it is not surprising that Ayurveda has a variety of options, both in terms of do's and don't's to manage rheumatoid arthritis - both the severity of symptoms and further progression of the disease.
Do's: A well-planned diet will help by supporting optimal functioning of the immune system and nourish the affected joints.
- People diagnosed with RA should follow a diet that is rich in fruits and vegetables. Drumsticks, bitter gourd, carrot, papaya, green leafy vegetables, cabbage, etc., reduce inflammation and hyperactivity of the immune system. The antioxidant properties in these neutralize the free radicals circulating in the body (responsible for increasing inflammation). This helps control the longstanding inflammation of the joints
- It is also advisable to eat them as whole fruits and not as juices. The fiber in the whole fruits helps digestion
- Sprinkle pepper powder over cooling food items like cucumber and radish
- Include garlic which is an excellent remedy for RA, can be mixed with buttermilk
- Whole grains such as wheat, brown rice, millet, barley are beneficial for RA, their high fiber content helps in proper digestion and promotes regular bowel movements
- Honey mixed with water
- Drink boiled milk to which dry ginger powder is added; this can replace tea and coffee
- Milk mixed with turmeric powder is also helpful in controlling inflammation
- Work at reducing weight
Don'ts: In addition to adding the above to your diet, there are some things to avoid, which can worsen symptoms of inflammation.
- Avoid overall unhealthy and irregular diet habits which affects the immune system and aggravates symptoms
- Avoid sleeping during daytime and staying awake at nights
- Avoid deep fried foods and fermented food items
- Given its autoimmune nature, it is better to avoid regular allergy-inducing foods like dairy products, soy, peanuts, processed foods, artificial additives, etc. These could trigger an enhanced allergic reaction.
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco
- Avoid tea and coffee and other caffeinated drinks
With simple daily food habit and lifestyle changes, the severity of RA can be managed effectively.