Find numerous Pathologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pathologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M.K. Gupta
Submit a review for Dr. M.K. GuptaYour feedback matters!
I have pain in my body any where any time some time it normally but some time much pain tell me what I am do.
I have a pain in my left side of the body. From left side waist to left leg toe. If I stand or work for long time then it get pain specially surface of toe.
Hi doctor, I am having slight pain near to right ear and right hand finger bows for last 3/4 days. Some days I used to sit and do my homework upto 1/2 o clock night. And now I feel too much tiredness during the day time. I am 25 years old. Is it because of lack of exercise or low blood pressure? What should I do?
Hi I have cholesterol swellings on my body can please give me an option or solution to resolve this issue if i touch am getting pain if not I don't have any problems with this.
Hi Doctors, I am suffering from typhoid fever, results of widal slide test are salmonella typhi "o" 1: 40 and "h" 1: 40, and as suggested by doctor I have followed medication like having antibiotics, my symptoms before treatment are headache, body pains, fever and loose motions twice a day. Currently I am taking medicine suggested by doctor and like all problems are lost except my digestive system is not working as earlier. Not able to have enough soft food feeling like vomiting but no vomiting. Can you please tell me typhoid cured in my body if not how is the recovery status.
Pain can be a debilitating condition if it is not managed in a timely manner and on a constant basis. One can experience pain in various parts of the body due to a variety of reasons. While the main reason includes conditions like arthritis, osteoporosis and another nerve, joint or muscle problems, there are many other kinds of pain that may occur due to accidents and sports injuries. Disc herniation and conditions like diabetes may also give rise to pinched nerves which can cause pain.
It is not possible to constantly pop pills and get injections for the pain that lasts for a prolonged time. Yet, this does not necessarily mean that you will have to live with the pain. There are a number of ways in which you can manage pain without having to take medicines at the drop of a hat. Here are a few measures that you can take in order to treat pain.
- Weight Loss: In case you are on the overweight side, it would be a good idea to lose those extra pounds and kilos. Excess weight usually puts pressure on the affected area and creates even more pain. Therefore, if you are more fit, there is less chance of suffering from extreme pain.
- Exercise: While rest is a good thing, being on your feet and moving at regular intervals is also required in order to deal with the pain. If you are constantly lying in bed in one position, then there will be pressure on the joints and the nerves, which can create even more pain. Therefore, you should keep changing your positions and take mild to moderate exercises like walking and swimming, in keeping with approval and recommendation from the doctor.
- Rest: Taking rest is just as important as exercise. When you are going through pain, it would be a good idea to give rest to the affected area so that there is less pressure on the same. You should rest in the proper position so that one does not twist or elevate the area in a wrong way.
- Physiotherapy: This is another method that most doctors recommend. Getting the right kind of physiotherapy is important as it can help in creating core strength for the surrounding muscles and joints of the affected area. This will keep the pain, inflammation and stiffness away.
- Hot and Cold Remedies: Heat therapy and ice therapy are two recommended ways of treating pain. If the injury is new and the pain acute, then one may resort to the use of ice packs to gently bring down the inflammation. Hot showers and heat packs can also bring relief to the area so that the pain is soothed away. One should be careful while using either method so that the temperature does not cause burns and rashes.
- Maintain Good Posture: Most people have poor posture when going about their daily activities, putting unnecessary strain on their backs. Little things add up. Keeping the right amount of curvature takes pressure off the nerves and will reduce pain. Get into the habit of sitting correctly. It may not feel comfortable initially because your muscles have not been conditioned to support you in the correct position.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!