Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M.H.Shah
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. M.H.ShahYour feedback matters!
Folate deficiency - patients with severe psoriasis have a risk of developing folate deficiency. Folate is a B vitamin that is vital for proper nerve function; it also prevents birth defects. Folate also prevents high levels of homocysteine, which increase the risk of heart disease.
Heart problems, obesity and diabetes - a higher percentage of individuals with psoriasis develop heart problems, diabetes and/or obesity. Experts do not know whether there is a genetic link between these conditions and psoriasis. People with moderate-severe psoriasis, ideally should be tested for these conditions. Experts from UC Davis explained in Archives of Dermatology that fat cells in patients with psoriasis secrete cytokines that raise insulin resistance in the liver and muscle, which initiates the destruction of the insulin-producing beta cells in the pancreas.
Bad body temperature regulation - patients with erythrodermic psoriasis may have abnormalities in the body’s ability to control temperature.
Zumbusch psoriasis - this is a combination of erythrodermic and pustular psoriasis. The condition may develop suddenly. The patient may experience fever, chills, muscle weakness and weight loss. Sometimes there may be an over-accumulation of fluids, protein loss, and electrolyte imbalances; in such cases the patient may need to be hospitalized until fluid, chemical balances and body temperature are normalized. Zumbusch psoriasis is especially dangerous if the patient is elderly.
Psoriatic arthritis - in the majority of cases, psoriatic arthritis symptoms are mild. However, the following complications are possible:
Arthritis mutilans - an extremely severe form of chronic rheumatoid arthritis, in which the bones are reabsorbed, resulting in the collapse of soft tissue. When the hands are affected it can cause a phenomenon called telescoping fingers; the feet may also be affected. Patients with other arthritic conditions, such as osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis in the joints of the fingers have a higher risk.
Risk of developing psoriatic arthritis - it is estimated that between 10% and 20% of all patients with psoriasis develop psoriatic arthritis; in about 20% of these people the arthritis symptoms occur before the psoriasis ones.
Cancers - patients with severe psoriasis who received systemic medications (those that affect the whole body) have a higher risk of developing skin cancers and lymphomas.
Psychological and emotional consequences - living with psoriasis often has emotional and social consequences.
Patients may feel embarrassed by having visible plaques and that can lead to depression. In some cases the individual may withdraw from society.
Symptoms may become so severe that patients have to leave their jobs, further increasing the risk of psychological and emotional problems.
Several surveys have shown that a significant number of patients with psoriasis report a negative mental and physical impact that is similar to several chronic conditions, including cancer, hypertension, heart disease, depression and diabetes.
According to a national survey (USA) Psoriasis Uncovered of people with the most severe form of psoriasis:
20% say that their psoriasis contributed towards the loss of a job or resignation.
25% believe that their psoriasis has caused an intimate relationship to end.
43% said psoriasis had prevented them from making new friends.
83% expressed dissatisfaction with their current treatment.
The majority of GPs (general practitioners, primary care physicians), specialists and other health care professionals know and understand that psoriasis has an emotional and psychological impact. It is important that the patient discusses any concerns and anxiety they may have.
Im 20 years old but I frequently have back pain and neck pain if I sit down for too long or see down for too long.
Hi, I have some pink coloured gum type filling in one of my upper teeth used for chewing (maybe its called molars) its not painful but why the gum or say the mouth skin has gone inside it?
I have been eating from one side of my teeth and not used other side of teeth since 4 years due to broken teeth will it effect on brain function please describe briefly .thank you.
I want loose fat. But I have not time for exercise and I have to eat rice 3 times in a day. There is any solution?
Need to loose weight. I have pcod and thyroid problem. I'm unable to do exercise. As there is always pain in my legs. Pls help.
It is one of the most common expressions around, 'an apple a day keeps the doctor away'. As apples have properties that no other natural product or fruit has and its advantages have been demonstrated over time.
It is possible to get these benefits from different other fruits, however; an apple combines everything and makes it easier. It has been proved again and again that if it is not straightforward, simple and quick, individuals will not deal with their well-being. Hence, here is a very simple way to be healthy. This is how an apple tends to keep the doctor away:
- Apples contain Vitamin C: Vitamin C helps protect your immune system. Many individuals who need Vitamin C in their diet have poor healing and tend to get injured effortlessly. Apple contains vitamin C in abundance and hence, are of great help.
- Prevent heart diseases: The reason it can prevent both coronary illness and cardiovascular diseases is because apples are rich in flavonoid. Flavonoids are additionally known for their cancer prevention qualities.
- Low in calories: A normal sized apple has between seventy to hundred calories. Eating an apple when craving sweet or chocolate can make the craving vanish since apple itself contains sugar, yet gives you just one-quarter of the calories.
- Pectin: Pectin is a type of dissolvable fibre that brings down both pulse and glucose levels. It can likewise bring down the levels of LDL, which is the bad cholesterol in the body. Pectin, as different types of fibre, keeps up the strength of the digestive system. Apples are a fantastic source of pectin.
- Boron: A supplement found in abundance in apples, boron strengthens solid bones and a sound brain.
- Phenols: Apples contain phenols, which affect cholesterol. It decreases the bad cholesterol and builds up the good cholesterol. They keep LDL cholesterol from transforming into oxidised LDL, an extremely risky type of cholesterol, which can be destructive.
- Avoids tooth decay: Tooth decay is a contamination that truly harms the structure of your teeth, which is formed because of bacteria. The juice of the apples has properties that can kill up to eighty percent of those bacteria.
- Shields your brain from infection: This is something many individuals do not have the foggiest idea about. When you consider that your brain makes you the person you are, it gives you a rational point of view. Apple has substances called phytonutrients and these phytonutrients prevent neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer's and Parkinsonis.
- Healthier lungs: People who eat five apples or more every week have brought down their respiratory problems like asthma.
- Forestall Cancer: Cancer tends to form in different areas and organs of the body and spreads later on. Apples focus on different tumours, for example, colon growth, prostate disease and breast cancer in ladies. Hence, its positive effects are not just limited to one type of cancer.
So grab an apple right away! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.