Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. M.G PillaiYour feedback matters!
I am 50 years old today in office in evening I have eaten samosa and taken tea ,after 10 min chest pain started when I go to the hospital doctors said nerve is blocked .stent has been taken .i have to that stent is good or not .
I am 39 years old. Some times I am feeling palpitation and at the same time discomfort in breathing and it is observed particularly in the evening times. Please help me.
Which diet should a high BP patient follow? Which diet should a BP patient strictly avoid? How to know that person is suffering from high BP or low BP seeing his or her symptoms?
Sir mere papa ke left hand side sine me kabhi kabhi lagatar 2 /3 hours tak dard hota h koi paseena nhi aata na ki kuch .checkup karwaya ecg se leker cardio check sabhi karvaye kuch nhi h doctor ne bhi kaha jyada kuch nhi h valve opening delay h thodi se .us report ko dusre doctor ko dikhayi to kaha kuch bhi nhi h normal h .dard me bhi ecg normal h .sir koi problem to nhi h na .help me.
My father is having problem of ckd , chf, and problem related to urology as well. He has been implanted percuflex stent and is having recurring urine infection.Presently he is having urine infection of bacteria klebscilla pnumenoi. Almost all antibiotics have become resistant. Creatinine level is also on a higher side, please help.
Respected sir/madam what can be the cause of high blood pressure and how it can be cure What precautions should we take. She is having kidney infection.
I am 45 year old female, I have a problem with fluctuation in high BP recently, what is the precaution to control it?
I am suffering from dry cough for last 2 week and I have chest pain. Can you suggest what should be done.
I have been having wheezing problems from childhood. Presently I am taking seroflo rotohaler and montair fx but it's only temporary relief. Any other medicine that could help me completely eradicate the problem sir? Also I am having bp for which I am taking amloz 5 and dapsone for cicatricial pemphigoid problem. The dapsone tabs am taking for more than two years, whether I should continue further or can I stop this tab as the skin problems have considerably reduced. Sorry I am asking too many questions. Regards/Subramanian.
When I run aur use stair I got increased heart beat at short time of duration but I can lift 20 kg wait but don't get tired.
My mother is suffering from high blood pressure yesterday she faint 3 times she told she has some gas issue she was feeling so weak and her blood pressure was 160/100 and her weight is also more then 92 kg and sometime she has some pain in her chest so what should do to control her high blood pressure.
The new epidemic that has taken the world by storm is obesity. The proportion of obese people is increasing and the age of onset of obesity is decreasing gradually. There is an optimal weight for a given height of a person. Obesity is when a person's weight is 20% more than the optimal weight. It brings with it a host of other health conditions, as it impairs the body’s overall functioning.
- Diabetes 2: In a normal person, food gets broken down into glucose to provide the required energy for the body using insulin. The body’s inability to produce sufficient insulin to convert the excessive amount of sugar in the body leads to diabetes. Growing to be a leading cause of early death, diabetes brings with it a host of complications affecting almost all systems and parts of the body including stroke, kidney disease, blindness, and death. Diabetes and obesity have a direct correlation and can be prevented and managed by eating a balanced diet, losing weight, exercising, and having a healthy lifestyle.
- Heart problems: An increased BMI also ups the risk for coronary heart disease (CHD), where the blood vessels are narrowed due to constant accumulation of fat in their inner walls. This gradually reduces the blood flow through these and may when complete cut-off happens, it could result in heart attack or stroke, affecting the heart or the brain. There could also be cases where the heart fails to pump sufficient blood to the rest of the body, affecting their effective functioning. Obese people also have a higher blood pressure than people who maintain a good BMI.
- Breathing problems: One of the main causes of labored breathing is excessive weight. The condition called sleep apnea which is sudden bouts of absence of breathing during sleep is very high in obesity. It can cause snoring, daytime sleepiness, increase the risk of heart disease and stroke. In people with sleep apnea, weight loss is one of the first and most recommended therapies. Asthma and general breathing disorders are also higher in obese people.
- Abnormal body cholesterol: Obese people also tend to have abnormally higher levels of body fat, especially the bad cholesterol, which again leads to coronary disease. It is a vicious cycle with one leading to the other and aggravating the other.
- Osteoarthritis: Added weight leads to pressure on the hips, knees and lower back. There is added wear and tear and pain, which further limits movement.
- Cancer: Some cancers, of the colon, endometrium, kidney, pancreas, gallbladder, breast and esophagus are more prevalent in obese people.
These are just some, there are more. The best way to avoid all these is to watch your weight. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.