Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. M D NayakYour feedback matters!
My son who is 3 months old has a reflux immediately after a feed every time. Is this a matter of concern?
I am 29 years old. I gave birth to a premature baby boy at 35 weeks. Now he is 2 months 10 days old. Without correct size nipple it was not possible for my baby to suck milk from me. Then I started to pump milk and feed him. But it was possible only for a month then milk secretion reduced in quantity and finally got stopped. I took perinorm tablets for one month as advised by my doctor but didn't work. I gave dexolac special care to my baby for first month and then after changed to nan pro 1 as prescribed by the doctor. Now the baby is fine and has increased in weight also. Can I give any food supplements like cerelac or any other to my baby? and should I take any medication or since the milk secretion has stopped, can I leave it as it is now?
Hi I have a 10 month baby girl. Her teeth not come yet. Please suggest and weight not increasing. Her weight is 8 kg
I have 16 days old grandson and his left eye has started watering. Doctor has told us that duct in the eye is not fully opened and it will take some time. His eye lids get sticked after sleeping and we do cleaning with boiled cooled water. Doctor has given us a antibiotic' tobramycin. Sir how many days it will take for fully opening of eye duct. Is pricking can be done on such a small kid.
Behavior of a child should always be closely monitored during his/her early development. Sometimes signs of several personality disorders tend to show up early in life. Proper monitoring of the child's behavior helps to identify the signs and properly diagnose the condition if the child is suffering from any potential personality disorder.
Here are a few facts you should keep in mind:
- You might often find it difficult to differentiate between the normal and abnormal behavior of your child. You might consult the pediatrician in this case to compare the child's general behavioral patterns with that of other children in the same age group.
- It is very important to understand your child's development process. It helps you to interpret his/her behavior and to identify signs of personality disorder.
- There are a few common behavior patterns, which tend to act as a guide to understanding the behavior of your child. Some of these patterns should be encouraged as they lead to proper behavioral development of your child while patterns of negative behavior should be discouraged.
- You should also consult a doctor if your child shows negative behavior persistently even after disciplining measures.
- Being polite, doing chores on a regular basis, following instructions should be encouraged and rewarded as it helps in the proper personality development of your child.
- Behavioral patterns like an inclination towards defensive, regressive and aggressive behavior should not be encouraged but can be tolerated in certain situations like illness or in times of stress.
- Behavioral patterns like an increased inclination to violence or an excessive competitive attitude towards their siblings should never be allowed.
- Prejudice or racism, stealing or inclination towards substance abuse, angry outbursts point towards problems in the child's mental, physical or social well-being. You are also advised to take your child to a psychological expert to find out whether he/she is suffering from any sort of behavioral disorder.
- Your behavior also plays a major role in development of your child and his/her behavioral patterns. It is often seen that if a child is subjected to excessive physical, mental or emotional abuse or is engaged in too many curricular and extracurricular activities, he/she is likely to develop several behavioral disorders over time.