Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Treatment of Birth Defects
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Dihydrofolate Reductase Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Lokesh BanodkarYour feedback matters!
My son nowadays he eat more food. His weight increased and little lazy also. I am very fear his stomach is come front. He is 11 year old. Pls help me give some advice.
My 8 year old son normally behave very well. But some times he gets too angry, specially at the time of study and eating. His angriness comes from his inner side which reflects in his face. After some time again he becomes normal. Is his behaviour normal? Does he require any counselling?
My child is 2.6 years old, but he is 10. 6 kg.And he does not like to eat anything. Can you please suggest how can I improve his appetite? Moreover he is always suffering from cough cold and constipation. Please guide.
My son 6 yes old has got tiny small black dot in his chest armpit back shoulder and foot looks like mole I am worried it would be skin cancer or anything there is no lump or pain but it comes one by one please reply me soon.
This information is of my son. Please help me in selecting a diet chart for him. He is 9 months old.
My baby is 20 days old. Previously after birth Doctors advised for GB paint, a blue coloured medicine which was beneficial for emblical cord. Now a days Doctors adviced for Betadine lotion. My query is, after 20 days emblical cord of my baby has not cured with betadine lotion and pus is coming out. Please suggest me what to do?
My daughter is about to be 1 year old, and she is having cold cough in her chest. Doctor has advised Asthalin 5 ml morning and evening. I would like to know for what purpose Asthalin is used, and is it advisable to give such a small kid.
My son, details given below is underweight and underweight and poorest eating habits to the extent of not eating any vegetables, fruits, chapatis, milk. He is very much full of anger, gets provoked on small things, gets irritated easily, doesn't pay attention to his physical hygiene. Pls suggest any homoeopathic way of treatment at normal price preferably in South Delhi. Thanks.
RTS, S/AS01 I had heard a malaria vaccine has been developed the last year. Can we get it in India for our babies.
Cleft lip and cleft palate are the two most common birth defects affecting children all over the world. What happens in the cleft lip is that the upper lip is incompletely formed and in cleft palate abnormalities, we see babies with an incompletely formed roof of the mouth. Both these can be found individually or can occur together. These conditions can be severe or mild and affect one or both sides of the face.
The fEtus undergoes the separation of the upper lip and the roof of the mouth pretty early. In certain cases, this separation does not happen or happens incompletely and certain parts of the upper lip and roof of the mouth fail to form properly leading to cleft lip and palate.
Repair through surgery
- Plastic surgery is the only way to repair a cleft lip and/or palate. Both of these impair vital functions like speaking, eating, breathing, and hearing properly.
- Surgery is done to restore function and to make the affected child look more normal.
- Most cleft lip and palate surgeries are done on very young children usually 3 months to a year old.
- Before the actual surgery, a team of specialist define a course of treatment, including repair of the cleft using surgery, which means plugging the hole in the lip or the palate; speech rehabilitation and dental restoration, as the child usually has no teeth in the affected parts of the upper palate.
The specialists required are:
- Plastic surgeon
- Pediatric dentist
- Ear, nose, and throat specialist
- Auditory or hearing specialist
What happens during surgery?
Usually, cleft lip surgery happens in children as young as 3-6 months old. It has to be carried out under general anaesthesia. If the condition is severe, and the cleft lip is wide, special procedures like lip adhesion or a moulding plate are used to bring the two parts of the lip closer and it is fully repaired.
Cleft palate repair surgery is done at the age of 9-12 months only.
What happens here is that plastic surgeons bring together the muscles of the upper soft palate and rearrange them to cover the gaping hole in the roof of the mouth. The surgery is usually done under general anaesthesia and requires a short hospital stay.
- Without a normal palate, the child can’t speak properly. So, surgery helps to improve and normalise speech.
- And that’s not all. The child may require more surgeries as he grows older to treat these two problems.
- This is because the child’s facial structure changes and he or she may require advanced surgeries like pharyngoplasty, which helps improve speech, or alveolar bone grafts to provide stability for permanent teeth.
- A bone graft is usually done when the child is 6-10 years old and it closes gaps in the bone or gums near the front teeth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.