Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Doctor suggested me sibelium for migraine but he was unaware of my other medications. Please suggest me medicine for migraine. I am currently taking paroxetine hydrochloride 25 mg in morning and amisulpride 200+mirtazapine 15+lorazepam 1 in night.
My brother aged 56 years suffering problem on spine and numbness on hands/legs unable to erect his penis resulting his counter part`s cursing everyday. Please advice.
First time affected epilepsy 3 months back. Taking seezfree tab. 1gm (1-0-1. Pls guide me should I continue this or decrease the dosage. Is there any other medicine? How long I should take.
He has badly pain in his brain every day. We try so but all are Worth less please help us to over come this.
What is the treatment for fits? Does ayurvedic medicine help, And what if the patient is a minor, say 8years what would be the best treatment.
My mother was admitted in hospital for brain problem. In ICU ON VENTILATOR. Doctors are saying she is suffering hypoxic brain issue. Please help me to get her recover asap from this.
I am 72 years old & having diabetes from 25 years and it is under control by medication. During sleep, I get severe stabbing pain on my foot top part and I cannot sleep at all. It could be due to peripheral neurosis of my legs. I used to get some relief when herudroid was applied. But now it does not give much relief. please advise.
I am 67 years young. I have numbness in the outer portion of both thighs. Degree is more, when I get up in the morning.
I can wake up late till night but getting up early leads to migraine problem. I cannot sleep very early cos of work. What should I do?
I think I am facing migraine and feels uncomfortable, sometimes I feels some kind of weight on one side of my head. What are the symptoms of migraine?
World Alzheimer’s Day is celebrated on the 21st of September each year. A number of organizations, from all over the world concentrate on raising the awareness about Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Alzheimer’s disease is a very common type of dementia. It falls under the group of disorders in which mental functioning gets impaired. Life for an Alzheimer’s patients is quite difficult, but by following the following tips, you can support yourself and will also help you to cope with it.
- You have to accept the changes and accept that life will continue getting difficult. Instead of trying to cover your difficulties for protection from embarrassment, you should face the fact. You also have to accept the changes in your physical abilities and adapt to skills, which are beneficial.
- You should develop some ideal coping strategies. Try to be occupied and involved and respond to the challenges you face in everyday life. By practicing the coping skills you will be able to gain a sense of control in your life.
- Try to identify stuff. Make a list of all the tasks which seem challenging to you and try to develop coping strategies for these tasks. Prioritize your tasks and determine whether it is really necessary to overcome certain tasks. You should also strategize solutions and come up with solutions which would suit you best.
- You should set realistic goals and expectations for yourself and use the coping skills to deal with difficult tasks. In case of very challenging tasks, do not hesitate to take help.
- A daily routine or plan is required for keeping a track of several tasks. A schedule reduces the amount of time you spend to figure out something, simplifying your task and also prevents mistakes.
- Always approach one task at a time and take enough time to complete tasks. Do not give up on challenging tasks and take breaks to figure things out.
- Always remember that you have more than a single chance to solve problems. If one chance fails, you should adopt new strategies and try again and again with better assessment.
- You should identify the triggers which cause anxiety and stress. Knowing the causes will allow you to plan in advance so that you can prevent them.
- Keep in mind that your family, friends, pets, will power and prayers are sources of great strength and will help you get past any obstacle.
- You should accept help from others and do not hesitate or think about being dependent on others.
You should take the advice from your psychiatrist or from Alzheimer Association National Early-Stage Advisors in order to understand the challenges such as medications, management of schedules and dealing with emotional or relationship changes.
My father is 89 yrs old and wt 95 kgs. on 30 dec he underwent for hip replacement surgery . he is a patient of alzeimeric dementia and some times becomes very aggressive. during his hospitalisation his left buttock's apx 2*3i nch epidermal portion was eroded after fungal infection which is still not healed what should i do for its healing and his normal walk and gait
I am 63 yes chronic sufferer of insomnia I b s vague fear anxiety depression. I b s rushes with urgency/can't reach toilet in time. No smell/taste. Facing all this from past 10 years. Losing interest in life. C B t/meditation useless. Want some medicine to stop immediately urge to empty bowels. Sometimes will not allow reaching bathroom. Please help me with good medicine for above.
How can i will treat my mother. She is right handed paralysised. Still we are treating by phisyiotherapy but not recovery.
Sir, I wanted to know the symptoms of having a brain tumour? And also kindly the procedure to handle it or may be to get recover from it if its possible? This question is for my mom. Thankyou.
Migraine is a type of headache and is characterized by headache on one side of the head. In many cases of migraine, the pain is experienced all over the head and not just on one side. The pain is throbbing in nature. Migraine is mostly caused due to excess stress. Going out in the sun, improper sleep, exposure to loud noise and disruption in eating patterns are other common causes, which lead to migraine. Homeopathic medicines are widely used for treating migraine headaches and provide an effective remedy.
Here are some homeopathic medicines used for curing migraines of different types:
- Belladonna: This is the best homeopathic medicine for migraine which is accompanied by intense throbbing headache. A sense of fullness is also felt in the head, and the headache worsens when exposed to sunlight. Belladonna is also used for migraines developed due to exposure to cold air or catching a cold.
- Glonoinum: This form of homeopathic medicine is used for migraines where there is an excessive congestion in the head. The patient might feel that the head would burst, and it seems to be bigger. Heat is felt around the head, and the eyeballs get protruded. Glonoinum is also used to treat migraines, which occur because of long exposure to the sun.
- Spigelia: This medicine is very effective for curing migraines felt on the left side of the head or left-sided migraine. The headache is usually located over the left temporal area of the head, forehead and eyes. The patient may have the sensation of a tight band being tied around their head.
- Sanguinaria Canadensis: This is a perfect homeopathic medicine for treating right sided migraines where the pain and throbbing are felt on the right side of the head. The pain usually starts from the back of the head and settles over the right eye, affecting the entire right side of the head. The medicine is also prescribed in case of headaches, which occur during the morning and increase during the day. Migraines in women after menopause are also cured by this medicine.
- Iris Versicolor: This is an effective homeopathic medicine for treating migraine where intense nausea, vomiting and acidity are observed. The vomiting is acidic, sour and bitter in taste and a burning sensation in the alimentary canal is also felt.
- Nux Vomica: In case of migraines characterized by gastric problems, this medicine is used. It provides an effective cure for migraines, which occur due to indigestion, constipation and piles. When the migraine worsens after intake of spicy food or alcohol, this medicine provides quick treatment.
Homeopathic medicines are very efficient for curing migraine headaches and there are medicines for all types of migraines occurring due to different causes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.