Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Lekshmy RanaYour feedback matters!
After 1st ruination in morning feels burning sensation. Nausea ,legs ache very much. In evening also after sleep head is rolling (chakar) leg ache occurs. Feels very week. After sleep feels heads weight is increased even if unable to move and open the eye.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
My wife is 9 week pregnant n she is having more symptoms like vomiting headache n backache after eating anything she vomits she do not like any food pls pls suggest what food to eat n how to control vomiting.
A number of factors, both internal as well as external, contribute to skin ailments.
The dermatological problems, if not treated timely, can leave a person physically, mentally and emotionally drained out. In such cases, a person's self confidence is the worst affected.
A lot of conventional and Allopathic options are available to treat skin diseases. Ointments, antihistamine tablets and antibacterial medications, though effective, often provide temporary relief. In many cases, it has been observed that in due course of time, the problems tend to relapse.
Homeopathy adopts a holistic approach in treating a disease. It lays great emphasis towards identifying and treating the underlying cause.
Homeopathic treatment can be a little time consuming, but the time is worth waiting for. Over the past few decades, homeopathy has been the most sought after and reliable medication to deal with dermatological problems.
Some of the homeopathic medications that have effectively dealt with skin diseases include:
- Arsenicum: If psoriasis and chronic urticaria are giving you sleepless nights, Arsenicum is what you need. Arsenicum is equally effective against chronic eczema.
- Sepia: Herpes can make life miserable. Sepia is a powerful medication that gives one a lot to cheer about. People with psoriasis and dry skin can greatly benefit from Sepia.
- Natrum Muriaticum and Rhus Toxicodendron: Both the medications, Rhus Toxicodendron in particular, are very effective against eczema. Natrum Muriaticum has been found to soothe a person suffering from mental depression greatly.
- Thuja Occidentalis: Acne problems, warts, freckles, dry and itchy skin, ulcers (anogenital region) can throw life in jeopardy. Embrace the goodness of Thuja Occidentalis and the mentioned skin problems will be a thing of the past.
- Cantharis: It provides great relief from blisters, skin eruptions and burns (second and third degree). To enjoy the everlasting benefits, one needs to be a little patient with the treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopathic.
My aunty is interested in sex with me she dosen't have any other relationship than his husband I want to sex with her I use condom or not.Please tell.
Always make sure that you use the therapeutic hot agents when the injury is in the chronic stage. They can also be used prior to physiotherapy or exercise to decrease muscle tension and increase flexibility.
Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex on her sixth day of cycle (11 April) and took unwanted 72 today (13 April, 10 am). Can we have unprotected sex today without risk of pregnancy?
There are many kinds of food items that can do us a world of good. But there are certain man made food items that are synthetic in nature, and have more demerits than merits when it comes to our health. There is a long standing debate on the merits of various beverages, including soft drinks and alcohol.
Which one is the healthier choice?
To begin with, we cannot avoid a good beverage during social interactions, so we would do well to make a healthier choice. Here are the details about the healthier choice between alcohol and soft drinks.
- Kilo calories: It is a well-known fact that both alcohol and soft drinks have plenty of kilo calories with one cola containing over 1000 kilojoules as they are known. Yet, as per this parameter, it would be a healthier choice if you were to choose soft drinks because even though they both have the same amount of calories, one tends to drink soft drinks at a slower pace, which means that you consume less of it. Once you start enjoying an alcoholic drink, you tend to take more of them and much faster. Also, alcohol makes you hungry, which implies that you start reaching out for various kinds of snacks and other unhealthy food. In such cases, you will tend to gain weight much faster if you choose alcohol every time. This will not really be the case when you choose soft drinks.
- Toxins: The way alcohol is brewed ensures that it carries a whole lot of toxins, which are not good for your liver and heart in the long run. These toxins can easily clog your arteries and create complications for the functioning of the liver as well.
- Glycemic index: This is the count that is accorded to the level of insulin resistance in one’s drink of choice. For alcohol, the glycemic resistance is much higher, which means that you have better insulin resistance as compared to other soft drinks, which are high in sugar content. Therefore, it makes alcohol a highly unhealthy choice, which can also result in diabetes in the long run, if one ingests too much of it.
- Nutrition: From the nutrition point of view, cola and other soft drinks have absolutely no nutritional value because processed sugar is one of the main components. This will give rise to the toxin influx in the body and bring down the insulin resistance, which makes you susceptible to diseases like diabetes. Therefore, it would be healthier to have a beer rather than a cola because it has a small amount of protein due to the ingredients used when it is brewed for consumption. It also has some amount of antioxidants and potassium. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I am 24 years old, and I am 8month pregnant please suggest me what diet I have taken and what precaution taken in this month?
Glucose (blood sugar) levels
Both low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) and high blood sugar (hyperglycemia) are of concern for patients who take insulin. It is important, therefore, to carefully monitor blood glucose levels. In general, patients with type 1 diabetes need to take readings four or more times a day. Patients should aim for the following measurements:
Pre-meal glucose levels of 90 - 130 mg/dl
Bedtime levels of 110 - 150 mg/dl
Different goals may be required for specific individuals, including pregnant women, very old and very young people, and those with accompanying serious medical conditions.
Finger-prick test. A typical blood sugar test includes the following:
A drop of blood is obtained by pricking the finger.
The blood is then applied to a chemically treated strip.
Monitors read and provide results.
Home monitors are about 10 - 15% less accurate than laboratory monitors, and many do not meet the standards of the american diabetes association. Most doctors believe, however, that they are accurate enough to indicate when blood sugar is too low.
To monitor the amount of glucose within the blood a person with diabetes should test their blood regularly. The procedure is quite simple and can often be done at home.
Some simple procedures may improve accuracy:
Testing the meter once a month.
Recalibrating it whenever a new packet of strips is used.
Using fresh strips; outdated strips may not provide accurate results.
Keeping the meter clean.
Periodically comparing the meter results with the results from a laboratory.
Supplementary monitoring devices. Other devices are available for monitoring blood glucose. These devices are used in addition to traditional fingerstick test kits, and glucose meters but do not replace them:
Continuous glucose monitoring systems (cgms) use a needle-like sensor inserted under the skin of the abdomen to monitor glucose levels every 5 minutes. In 2007, the sts-7 system was approved. Using a disposable sensor, the sts-7 measures glucose levels for up to a week. An alarm will sound if glucose levels are too high or low. The older minimed system measures glucose over a 72-hour period and has wireless communication between the monitor and an insulin pump.
Glucowatch is a battery-powered wristwatch-like device that measures glucose by sending tiny electric currents through the skin, a technique called reverse iontophoresis. It is painless and has a warning device when detecting high glucose levels. It takes 2 hours to warm up, and the sensor pads need to be changed every day. Glucowatch measures glucose levels three times per hour for up to 12 hours. About a quarter of the time, the results differ significantly from actual fingerstick tests, however.
Hemoglobin a1c (also called hba1c, ha1c, or a1c) is measured periodically every 2 - 3 months, or at least twice a year, to determine the average blood-sugar level over the lifespan of the red blood cell. While fingerprick self-testing provides information on blood glucose for that day, the hba1c test shows how well blood sugar has been controlled over the period of several months. For most people with well-controlled diabetes, hba1c levels should be below 7%. Home tests are available for measuring a1c but they tend not to be as accurate as the laboratory tests ordered by doctors.
Urine tests are useful for detecting the presence of ketones. These tests should always be performed during illness or stressful situations, when diabetes is likely to go out of control. The patient should also undergo yearly urine tests for microalbuminuria (small amounts of protein in the urine), a risk factor for future kidney disease.
My LMP was 7th septmber 2015 but I did intercourse on 22 october 2015. how much week am I pregnant and can I do abortion now? And until which date I will do abortion?
My wife is five months pregnant and she is having backache since two days in the morning hour. Is it a concern for my wife and baby?
My periods get delayed because of doing yoga-maharasanam before doing yoga my periods is regular after doing yoga only my periods get delayed what should I do.
Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin which in total has 8 compounds, of which only one compound is useful to humans. This is also known as alpha-tocopherol and plays a vital role in antioxidation process and is believed to improve the overall ageing process.
Read on to know more about its benefits, functions, and sources.
- Vitamin E that is absorbed by the intestine is transferred to the liver, from where only alpha-tocopherol gets re-released into the system in small amounts. So, if your diet contains the other 7 variants, they are excreted by the liver (not required in humans).
- This active vitamin E controls the oxidation process in cells and prevents the release of free radicals, which is the culprit in all inflammatory processes. These can cause heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and stroke. This process is also accelerated by the environmental factors like pollution, UV rays, smoking, etc.
- Vitamin E is also shown to dilate blood vessels and prevent platelet clogging.
- Vitamin E is useful in preventing and treating diabetes and its related complications. Of note, diabetes is also considered as a chronic inflammatory process.
- The nervous system diseases including Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and epilepsy can benefit from Vitamin E. It reduces overall cognitive declines and helps in these disease conditions
- Women are particularly benefitted from vitamin E, including premenstrual cramps, painful periods, hot flashes with breast cancer, eclampsia during pregnancy, and pregnancy complications
- Given their role in energy formation, they help improve endurance, energy levels, and improv muscle strength and reduce muscle damage.
- The antioxidant effect is useful in reversing ageing skin changes including wrinkles and fine lines. Vitamin E is used widely in skin care products including creams and lotions and helps in regeneration of skin and tissue.
- It is useful to control hair loss, which could be due to multiple reasons, including chemotherapy or side effect of drugs.
- It is useful in treating allergies, asthma, respiratory infections, and skin allergies.
- Eye diseases like cataracts and macular degeneration which are generally age-related can be controlled with adequate intake of vitamin E.
- Taken with other antioxidants like niacin, it is helpful in controlling the buildup of cholesterol.
Natural food sources contain enough amounts of this vitamin to meet normal daily requirements, and so consume the following.
- Green leafy vegetables, legumes, and vegetable oils
- Whole grains and fortified cereals
- Fruits and nuts and seeds
- Seafood, poultry, and meat
- Dairy products including fat-free or low-fat milk
Given its wide availability, deficiency is rare, but supplements may be required for premature babies with low-weight and in people with some genetic disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.