Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Lekshmy RanaYour feedback matters!
My aunt's Pap smear showing HPV positive. What does that implies? Is it necessary to be a cervical cancer? She had already undergone radiotherapy n chemotherapy for breast cancer two years back. Please help.
Hello doctor. I got pregnant 3 months back. I am 28 years old. At 1.5 months I went for regular check up. Everything came normal except my TSH level which came out to be 5.57. I hvnt gone for thyroid test before. Doctor gave me 50 mg thyronorm to be taken daily as she termed it hypothyroidism. After one month when tests are done again, TSH came out to be 1.67 but anti TPO antibodies are present and 278. Please explain what does this mean? Do I hv to take medication life long? Does it have any harmful effects on my kids, am expecting twins. Doctor asked me to continue medication even after delivery. What that mean?
I have severe menstrual cramps on my first day of the cycle. It is so severe that I feel nauseous What is the reason behind it and what can I do to cure it? Any natural way,
I have pox for 1 week. I noticed brownish vaginal discharge. Is it because of pox or is it something else? What should I do?
I am 43yr old and i have irregular periods from last 6months some time my periods are 13- 14 days long or some time i miss my periods what should i do?
I am 30 year old married. Trying to conceive from past 3 years. My doc prescribed me test in which one of the test AMH range came as 1 ng/ml. Is this okay? They r suggest for ivf now.
I'm 26 yrs old and gave bith to a girld baby 9 months before (normal delivery). Even after 9 months of delivery I could not reduce my weight. My actual weight before pregnancy was 52kg and after delivery my weight was 72 kg my height is 155 cm. My current weight is 62 kg. I'm doing household work, yoga excercise and taking care of my baby and i'm vegetarioan and taking balanced diet, but still I could not regain my original weight. Give me some solution for my problem.
Hii my wife is pregnant she has second trimester (19 week) there HB 9.8 and RDW-16 fl what I be done.
What is motion sickness?
Motion sickness (travel sickness, car sickness) is a general sense of not feeling well, nausea, vomiting, headache, and sweating that is caused by repeated motion. It develops when the inner ear, the eyes, and other areas of the body that detect motion send conflicting messages to the brain. Any type of transportation can cause motion sickness.
Children are more susceptible to motion sickness than adults. About half of children between the ages of 4 and 10 experience dizziness and nausea when travelling by car, airplane or boat. Girls tend to be more susceptible than boys.
What are the symptoms of motion sickness?
The most common signs and symptoms of motion sickness include:
- Increased salivation
- Pale skin
Homeopathy for Motion Sickness
In most cases treatment with homoeopathic drugs is necessary and in some cases, it is the only method of treatment as conventional treatment cannot offer a cure always. Merely treating Motion sickness on symptomatology basis has failed to give permanent relief. So a holistic approach considering the individualistic treatment to provide an improved understanding of the patient’s situation and to make it easier and possible to avoid recurrences in the future has to be kept in mind in treating such diseases.
In the context of travel, homoeopaths have some valid conclusions, regarding the holistic and individualistic approach to motion sickness. Homoeopathy takes the set of most distinct, individual symptoms into account, which are truly characteristic of the patient forming the basis of prescription which eventually leads to cure. It is hoped that useful information will be gained both on the entity of motion sickness, as well as the homoeopathic approach to its management.
Travel sickness is enough to ruin a perfect getaway, but thankfully homeopathic remedies prove to be very effective and are perfect to carry when travelling. Some of the common homeopathic remedies which can be used as companions when travelling are:
- Aconite: This is used when one faces excessive restlessness and fear along with high heat and an urge to cool down with cold drinks.
- Borax: Taken when symptoms arise due to a downward movement like during turbulence or sudden dipping of the plane. This sudden movement causes anxiety, fidgeting, distress and confusion. Also, helpful in people who are scared of the dip of the plane during landing.
- Cocculus: This can be taken when a person experiences symptoms of nausea, salivation, dizziness and wants to lie down in order to prevent vomiting. If the sight and smell of food makes a person unwell they can also take this medicine.
- Nux Vomica: This is used when a person feels nausea, syncope and a feeling of faintness along with being sensitive to even slight movements. In this the person is usually irritable. Other symptoms which are seen in this are constipation or indigestion and a splitting or severe headache.
- Petroleum: Used when person experiences nausea, headache, dizziness, cold sweat, vomiting, extreme hunger or eating disorder along with a feeling of being confused and angry. Usually this condition is worsened by nausea.
- Tabacum: This is indicated when people experience extreme motion sickness, to the extent of being pale and a saliva filled mouth. These people might suffer from the severest form of palpitations and nausea. Closing the eyes and breathing fresh and cold air helps to relieve the symptoms.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines in motion sickness. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.
If I had a multiple sex but that was not regular one or two time Nd after it I taken I pill so there is any chance of HIV or any other diseases. Please answer my question.
How to increase the Magnesium Levels in your Body?
Magnesium is very important macro-mineral present in the body. Many youths these days show signs of depression, lower physical and dimmed mental faculties due to low magnesium levels in their body. The mineral has a vital role in helping to produce or use energy in our cells, contracting or relaxing muscles and synthesizing key hormones that control important functions of the body.
Magnesium also has therapeutic effects and helps to treat headaches, asthma, sleep problems, chronic pain. It also reduces risk of hypertension, heart problems. Having a magnesium rich diet lowers your chances of getting diabetes by remarkable 33%.
Following is a list of the few factors that lead to lowering the Magnesium levels in your body:
- Consuming Sodas and other Carbonated drinks lowers Magnesium uptake
- Excessive stress or disease reduces the utilization of Magnesium in the body
- Having high carb, low fibre diets like pastries, cakes, breads, cookies etc.
- High Alcohol consumption, as high as
- Imbalance of minerals such as excess of Calcium blocks activity of Mg in the cells
- Difference in metabolism of individuals such as increased excretion of Mg by kidneys results in loss of Mg and its deficiency
You can increase level of Magnesium in your body by adopting these foods in your diet:
Spinach is a rich source of Magnesium. 1 Cup of cooked Spinach gives you nearly 39% of the Daily Value of Magnesium required by the Body. Other dark green leafy vegetables also provide magnesium and other minerals.
Add Spinach and other Leafy Greens to your daily intake.
Nuts are an abundant source of Magnesium. Cashews and Almonds nearly provide 44-48% of DV of Magnesium while Peanuts provide 31%. Walnuts are also a good source of minerals and provide 16% DV of Magnesium.
Add nuts to your Daily Diet to get their mineral benefits.
Seeds like Pumpkin and Sesame are a potent source of Magnesium. Half a cup of Pumpkin seeds give 81% of Daily Value of Magnesium required while half a cup of sesame seeds give 63% 0f Daily Value/DV of Magnesium.
Enjoy these in puddings, soups, cakes, desserts or add to your breakfast cereal to get their benefits.
4. Beans and Lentils
Beans and Lentils have plentiful of Magnesium. A cup of cooked Beans and Lentils like Soybeans, Kidney Beans, Chickpeas and lentils provide almost 18-35% DV of Mg.
Add Beans and Lentils to your Diet and get their benefits.
5. Whole Grains
Whole Grains are very important source of vitamins and minerals and provide essential nutrients and energy for the body. These minerals include Magnesium too and a cup of cooked Brown rice gives nearly 21%DV of Mg while Quinoa gives 30%. Other Cereals provide almost 7-19% DV of Mg.
You can add variety of whole grains to your diet to get their great benefits.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Hello, I am married from last 4 months and my wife and I can not do sex.she doesn't have have much interest in doing so.please help me in this
The label of “porn addict” causes depression but porn watching doesn't.
People who believe themselves to be porn addicts need help with understanding what their use of porn means, and why they may have problems around their sexuality. They deserve help unpacking the conflicts between their sexual desires, and the moral/religious society around them. They also need help to understand how and why porn use is not an addiction, and how viewing themselves as a porn addict may affect their self-image and emotional health. These men (and some women) deserve help in understanding their sexuality and their porn use. They don't need the shame and stigma that comes along with the "addiction" label.
The Churg-Strauss disease is a rare medical condition, which causes abnormal and painful swelling of the blood vessels thereby, obstructing normal blood flow to the different body organs and tissues. The Churg-Strauss disease generally attacks the blood vessels of the intestine, nose, heart, lungs and the sinuses. In rare cases, this abnormal swelling can damage the kidney and the body joints. If not diagnosed timely, Churg-Strauss disease might lead to further complications such as heart disease, nerve damage, and kidney damage.
- As of now, the accurate causes of the syndrome have not been detected; although doctors suspect that hereditary factors and a long-term exposure to allergens might be responsible for the syndrome.
- Also, the syndrome can be caused as a result of side effects of prescribed medications for asthma and allergies. However, many people who have been diagnosed with allergies do not show the symptoms of Churg-Strauss syndrome.
- The chances of suffering from this condition increase if you suffer from episodes of chronic asthma, sinusitis (inflammation of the nasal passage cavities) or any other form of allergy in the nose. This syndrome has been generally observed in people within the age group of 30-50 years.
The symptoms of Churg-Strauss syndrome vary among people depending on the affected organ. However, the possible symptoms of the disease are but not limited to:
- There might be a significant pain in the joints and abdomen along with fever, asthma, sinusitis, and a loss in body weight.
- Development of scars on the body along with the presence of blood in faecal matters coupled with a tingling sensation in the limbs along with a feeling of numbness if the syndrome happens to attack the nerves.
Treatment: Churg-Strauss disease is an incurable medical condition, but a prescribed dosage of corticosteroids or chemotherapy medications can regulate the symptoms.