Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Lekha PathakYour feedback matters!
Sir my father got heart attack in July and then doctors make angioplasty. One styn he got. Now his diet is main problem. We r giving him Fortune soybean refined oil in vegetables. Is it OK or please suggest me his diet he is 68 years old.
Dear sir. Muzhe march 2015 mei half body phralisis (left side) ho gya tha. Mere heart mai pain rehta hai aur half body mai pain aur khichaav bhi. Please muzhe medicine bats digiaee.
My 4 years old son is currently taking Colonodine for hyperactivity, he takes a half of 1 mg, twice a day. The pharmacist mistakingly gave him someone else's medication, Lisinopril 20 mg. I saw it was wrong and did not give it to him. My question is, What would have happened to my son had I given it to him? I'm furious with the pharmacy and plan to discuss this with them.
SINCE LAST 4 YEARS HAVING HIGH bp ISSUE,I TAKE TELSARTAN AM ACTIVE 40 AND ECCPSPRIN AV 75 SINCE 4 YEARS..STILL BP STAYS ON THE HIGHER SIDE LIKE 140/90..ADDITIONALLY I HAVE URIC ACID PROBLEM SINCE 10 ODD YEARS..THE LEVEL STAYS BETWEEN 8-10 ALWAYS..NO BLOOD SUGAR YET
I get headache both side of forehead and have irritation in throat, no clear motion, have to go many time toilet, have too much gastric trouble, have continuous slight pain on above left side of chest and completely soaked by perspiration at 2 to 3 at night. I got checked for heart trouble but it was not found two year back. I request how I must start my treatment. I am 74 years. I generally take vege non gastric foods and try to morning walk.
Hypertension or high blood pressure can be defined as a condition wherein the thrust of the blood against the walls of the arteries is excessively high, thereby, increasing chances of health hazards. The amount of blood that is pumped by the heart and the resistance put up by the arteries usually determine one’s blood pressure count. For instance, if the heart pumps excess amount of blood while the arteries shrink, the blood pressure can soar high. High blood pressure or hypertension may give rise to symptoms such as nosebleeds, short breaths or headaches.
There are two types of hypertension, one is primary and the other is secondary. For essential or primary hypertension, there is no significant reason and the condition slowly develops over years. The secondary one appears all of a sudden as a result of a repressed condition such as thyroid or kidney problems, defective blood vessels and certain medications such as pain-killers, cold relievers, pills for birth control and others.
Other factors responsible for hypertension are:
- As you age it increases
- Family history
- Being obese or overweight
- Being physically inactive
- Consuming too much of sodium or salt in your diet
- Little intake of potassium and Vitamin D in meals
- Being subject to high levels of stress
- Chronic medical disorders such as diabetes
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Thiazide diuretics can be administered. These help to flush out excess water and sodium from the body in order to reduce excessive volume of blood thrusting against the arteries.
- Beta blockers ease the workload of the heart by opening up the blood vessels.
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors help inhibit the production of chemicals narrowing the blood vessels.
- Angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs) are used to obstruct and curb the action of the chemicals contracting the blood vessels.
- Calcium channel blockers help to loosen the blood vessel muscles
- Renin inhibitors can delay the production of an enzyme called ‘renin’ by the kidneys that increase one’s blood pressure
- One should follow a well-balanced diet that comprises of less salt.
- There is no substitute to regular exercises. Exercising regularly helps one maintain a balanced body weight that further reduces the chances of this condition.
- Abstaining from smoking and limiting alcohol intake helps provide that holistic cover to all the treatment modes mentioned above.