Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Lekha PathakYour feedback matters!
Hi sir i am from Kolkata. Mai bahut healthy or faty hu Lekin kuch problem ho raha hai mujhe bahut ghabrahat hota hai or lagta lagta hai mera bp high horaha hai or pasina hota hai iska koi times nahi hota hai kabhi bhi suru hojata hai Sir mai bahut pareshan hu koi right solution dijiye ya koi medicine boliye.
Sir am a medical student now am doing my internship. I have mild mitral valve prolapse. Was diagnosed by echo. Physician ask to me take propranolol 10 mg. Sir my problem is I want to play volleyball daily is any problem to playing volleyball. I want to know if I play regular volleyball is there is any chance to increase severity of proposed valve. Please answer me.
Hi doctor, I am male and age 38, I have 38 inch of waist ans 85 kg o weight. I did a health check up recently My SGOT level is 48 and SGPT level is 72. And I have LDL cholesterol at 142 level. Please let me know what needs to be done o.
Dear doctor, I am 29 years old and I have chest pain on both side left and right side from oct 2015 I got 2 xray, ecg, blood test and visit to cardiologist Dr. He say that all reports are normal no need to worry. Chest pain not regular but after 5 min or 10 min then pain start for 5 sec and stop. I am working in retail standing job for 12 hr. Now iam not taking any medicine chest pain occurs any where upward and downward both side I have back pain also might be standing job. Now please consult what to do I am worried too much is that heart problem and the pain started in October 2015 I fell bit pain on rite side after that is started in both side. Iam taking calcimax forte and sachet of vitamin d its started on 12/02/2016 when doctor has given me to take this medicine instruction is that ok can eat regularly or something else. Dr. jatin soni say to take paracetamol. Please suggest mee to take gud one.
My father is 62 year old and admitted 10 days before at kailash cancer hospital at vadodara, but day by day his health got worst and today at 10: 15 pm shifted to icu. He is loosing his pulse to 35-50 instead of 90-95. So he has been put on ventilator and now pulse results to 90-95. He has been diagnosed tuberculosis (tb) before 2 weeks and have been given dots tablets from tb hospital at gotri, vadodara. His x-ray of chest shows that 80% of his lungs are been affected by tuberculosis so he is not taking oxygen and that's the reason loosing brain and heart regular work. Here doctors have said me that he will not survive more because lungs are not working, only 20 % lungs are working but not taking oxygen to body's required. So please guide me immediately what should I do to survive my father's health and make him strong and health again. Please reply. Regards
Aged 73 when I undergoing early morning walking feel at times breathing trouble and light pain at the left side below my heart It continues for 2 to 3 minutes and vanished Want your advice ?
Hello, My mother's age is 53 years and she has a BP what should do for BP control and weight loss? please advise.
My grandfather has a stroke. CT Scan is done and medical treatment i'm going according to report. His left side of body is not properly working and also have a speaking problem. Report detail is:-" Hypodense area having CT DV 25HU seen in right parietal occipital junction s/o watershed interact, it measures approx 3.6*4.0cm. Supratentorial ventricular system is prominent. Hypo densities are seen in both per ventricular areas s/o ischemic changes. Diffuse cerebral atrophy noted. IMPRESSION:-" Findings s/o CHRONIC WATERSHED INFARCT RIGHT MCA TERRITORY. Please tell what the best treatment to recover from it. (Tell in hindi language as possible)
What measures to take sudden rise in Blood pressure (180/100) for a patient on medication of 82 years?
I am 53 years old male I recently took lab test in which my cholesterol level is above normal range what to do.
My age is 65 and I have 3 blockage in heart. Doctor in AIIMS has given me the option to choose between two surgery. Please help me. Which will be good? Angioplasty or open heart?
Hello doctor, My mother had pneumonia when she was in her teens. But now she is 55 n she feels pain in her veins and chest also. She told me that it started after phenomena. When she covers her body with blanket, then the pain stops due to warmth. Can you please tell that what could be done?
Hi, my blood pressure is high what is the best way to lower my blood pressure without medication. Please suggest. Thanks.
I have constant burning type sensation in my chest. I have tried drinking hot water and tea but no effect. I think it is congestion but how should I get rid of it? Or is it something else? And for your information I do smoke but not a chain smoker.
So here are the best foods to reduce cholesterol
Have a salmon fish dinner. Snack on a handful of nuts. Pour a dash of olive oil in your salad.
And bite into that sinister chocolate. Now you can do all this guilt-free! All these foods help in fighting bad cholesterol., 'You can reduce cholesterol in your blood by eating healthy foods'. So, here we are today with our list of cholesterol fighting foods.
1) Oats: If you change your morning meal to oats then you can do your cholesterol level a whole lot of good. Do note that two servings of oats can lower LDL cholesterol by 5.3% in only 6 weeks. Essentially, oats contain a substance called beta-glucan which absorbs bad cholesterol.
2) Red Wine: Here's yet another reason to toast to your health. The red grapes used in the manufacturing of red wine have an important effect on cholesterol levels. Two glasses of red wine in a week can do you a whole lot of good.
3) Salmon and fatty Fish: Full of Omega-3 fatty acids, salmon is a natural health wonder, which helps in keeping heart conditions such as heart attacks, stroke and high cholesterol levels at bay. Fishes such as salmon, sardines and herring help in raising good cholesterol levels by 4%.
4) Nuts: Mono-unsaturated fats (found in nuts, seeds etc.) have the lowest fatty acid molecules and are the best of the three fats, namely poly-saturated fats, saturated fats and mono-unsaturated fats. Nuts are the best way to get those required healthy fats into your body without feeling guilty. Since the fats that come from nuts are natural and are not chemically processed, this makes them heart healthy, filling, and nutritious options.
5) Beans: Excellent for the heart, ½ a cup of beans added in our diet (in the form of any dish or soup), helps in lowering cholesterol levels by 8%. You should try black, kidney, or pinto beans; each one of them supplies about one-third of your day's fiber needs.
6) Tea: Tea has antioxidants and less amounts of caffeine than coffee. An eight-ounce cup of coffee contains around 135 mg caffeine; tea contains only 30 to 40 mg per cup. Tea helps in protecting your bones because of the presence of phytochemicals in them. It is also a great defense against LDL cholesterol levels.
7) Chocolate: Chocoholics can celebrate with a healthy dose of dark chocolate as it is full of antioxidants and cholesterol-reducing properties. According to a Spanish study published in 2010 in the "Journal of Hepatology,", "the antioxidants in dark chocolate reduce the damage that can occur to blood vessels, which can further threaten the health of people with cirrhosis. The dark chocolate can help prevent the blood vessels in the liver from rupturing". Medical experts suggest that munching on 100 grams of chocolate every day helps in reducing the occurrence of cardiovascular mishaps by 21 percent.
8) Spinach: Popeye the sailor was quite right when crediting his muscle power to this green leafy vegetable. It is believed that spinach contains around 13 flavonoid compounds which keep us away from cancer, heart diseases and osteoporosis. 1/2 a cup of this lutein-rich food, daily, guards us against heart attacks.
9) Olive oil: This oil has many health benefits. It contains mono-unsaturated fatty acids which lower bad cholesterol and triglycerides, without lowering good cholesterol levels. Different stages of pressing and processing yield different varieties of olive oil. Extra virgin , Virgin , Pure , Pomace