Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Laxmi VaniYour feedback matters!
Few months back I had a complain of cervical pain radiating to my left arm. Got an xray which showed the lordotic curve was obliterated and was a little straightened neck muscles were highly spasmed got physio treatment for few days. Nd left. Aftr few weeks pain was subsided but it became episodic and was now shifting to right arm also. Whenever I used to feel severe pain I used to go for therapeutic ultrasound. Now at present the chief complain is my right side bicep tendon is snapping my end range is not available and there is marked winging of scapula and pain is also severe it radiates to my hand mandible and head. Im having hifenac sp and neurobion forte and also using cold packs. I wanted to ask what else should I do for pain relief nd should I wear a arm sling so that it gets its time to heal. thanks.
I have been trying to run from the last 5 months but whenever I run it's ok for 2-3 days but starts giving me pain in legs after that. It has never happened before. I am 23 year old male. Plzz tell me what to do.
I am 20 year old male. I am every time getting leg pain for walking for an hour only. What is the solution?
I am 22 years old I have back pain since 3 months while. I am driving bike and I will use pain killers for that sone times is there any problem in that or I will do physical exercises will it be the problem.
I am a 23 year old male I want to ask that if I have Knee pain what ahoul I do instead of using painkiller.
Head and limbs pain me so much pain that I do and sometimes the whole body is rigid, so all told me that treatment should be erased.
My shoulders ball and socket joint has got affected due to sudden stretch while playing. For which I couldnt throw any thing. What should I do?
Hi. I feeling pain in my right hand ankle and in my right leg knee, and some sound also coming form my knee while bending.
Have a back pain. Which comes on and off. What should I do? Went for an ayurvedic massage. Got relief. It's better than before but is still persistent. What should I do?
I am 17 years old male I have severe back ache and dark spots on my face since last 2 years what should I do.
Acupuncture is a kind of therapy that combines needles with pressure and pain points in order to delicately apply pressure for pain relief. This form of physical therapy is being increasingly recognised as an efficient method of treating pain in joints, muscles, bones and even for migraine pain. So let us find out more about Acupuncture and pain management.
- Chronic or Long Term Pain: There are many ailments that cause chronic or long term pain. These include back pain, neck pain, stiffness in the joints, osteoarthritis, headache and migraine, and pain in the shoulders. All this can be treated over a long period of time with the help of simulated acupuncture which uses pointed apparatus for activating better blood circulation for overall improvement in the pain that is being experienced in the area. The use of this apparatus helps in avoiding the harmful medication that can have adverse side effects.
- Menstrual Cramps: A fine needle method at the right points can help in bringing down the symptoms of the painful condition called dysmenorrhoea during menstrual cycles. With acupuncture, the acupuncturist can administer acupoint therapy to relieve menstrual cramps. This will help in moving the qi, or life force, in a better way so that the pain will stop.
- Acute Pain: Over use of muscles, joints and repetitive, work related movements and strain can lead to acute pain. This includes wrist pain, shoulder pain, elbow pain, back pain, lower back pain, neck pain and even leg pain. With acupuncture, the patient gets rid of the pain in close to twelve sittings.
- Pain due to Cancer Treatment: Cancer and its treatment can take a heavy toll on the body and lead to a series of complications which also includes pain. A clean needle procedure can be followed along with the chemotherapy and radiation or after it, so as to relieve the patient of the pain experienced. Also, it can be used to replace traditional chemotherapy and radiation.
- Better Rest: When the needles or apparatus touch the pressure points and circulate the blood and life force, it actually creates a soothing effect and helps the patient sleep and get better rest. This is also a requirement for pain relief. It can bring better blood flow to the area and help in removing anxiety and stress related to pain so that there is better chance of getting rest.
With the use of acupuncture, pain can be taken care of with the needles and various tools that come in various shapes. These tools and equipment can also use laser treatment along with the point focused treatment.