Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I have a pcos problem from last 4 or 5 years when ever I take yasmin only then I have a regular cycle during medicine time but after that again back to irregular. Please advise.
Dear doctor mere wife ko acchanak chakra aa jata hai Kavi bhi aa jata doctor ko dikhaya but no fayda.
I'm 29 years old girl. Sorry to say but my vaginal lip burned in a hot salty water. I used medicine "NANOCRYSTALLINE SILVER GEL" but their is yet redness and swelling in my vaginal lip.
I have breast pain. I have done mammography but the report is normal. But my both breast pains a lot. What to do? What may be the reason.
I am 45 year old & wife is 39. Wife gained weight by 10 kg (now 63) in last 2 years. Her period stay for 2 or 3 days with negligible secretion. Breast becomes tender before mens. She don't have any interest in sex now & feels acute pain while inserted. Kindly suggest medication.
I have bilateral cystic ovaries. Sometimes I have spotting in 12th or 15th day after my mensuration is complete. Otherwise I don't have any problems mens you ration normal and no pain but a little pain occurs 1day before mensuration and starting day of mensuration after that normal. My question is can these bilateral cystic ovaries affect me from getting pregnant anyway. My age is 26yrs.
Painful menstruation or menstrual cramp is termed as Dysmenorrhoea and refers to the discomfort or pain associated with menstruation. In 80% cases, cramps are an integral part of the preliminary dysmenorrhoea syndrome. Though this symptom is not deemed as a very serious clinical problem, the pain and its associated symptoms are acute enough to keep an affected woman from normal functioning for the first one or two days. These symptoms may take over one or two days prior to menses, reach their pinnacle on the first day and subside slowly with the passage of time. The pain can be typically depicted as being ached, cramping of the stomach and often reaching to the lower back portion.
There is probably no woman across the world, who has not undergone the painful menstrual cramps. But don't fret! Homeopathy treatment has a range of remedies to relieve you off this unease.
- Cimicifuga: Normally menstruation cramps indicate a pain that flows across the pelvic region from one side to the other. This remedy will particularly be helpful in neuralgic and rheumatic cases as well as congestive cases where it works effectively with Veratrum Viride and Belladonna. It is also very efficient in combating headaches preceding menses, acute pains across abdomen, labor like pains and scanty flow.
- Caulophyllum: This remedy is great for treating spasms and pain that flow downwards. The spasmodic periodic pains that need to be treated with Caulophyllum are mostly concentrated around the groin and radiate to other surrounding parts. Gelsemium can also be taken for treating neuralgic as well as congestive dysmenorrhoea when the pain bears down. The pains are often labor-like and spasmodic with flow of pale urine. In order to get faster relief, it can be taken along with hot bag press.
- Belladonna: If you are afflicted with the congestive forms of menstrual cramps, then you may take Belladonna. In most cases, a pain and discomfort is felt prior to the flow and a feeling of something heavy around the vulva can be relieved if you sit up straight. This pain occurs and subsides all of a sudden making the flow clotted and restricted. This kind of dysmenorrhoea is extremely painful and makes the genital dry. In case the pain gets severe and cuts through the pelvis, then Veratrum viride can also be administered.
- Zanthoxylum: This remedy is very effective in fighting dysmenorrhoea and uterine spasms. It is very effective when the pain is burning, agonising and extending down through the thighs making the limbs paralysed and numb. You can take this measure when the pain is affecting your ovaries as this medicine works closely for neuralgic form of menstrual cramps. Women with delicate nervous temperament can also take this remedy as it relieves from headache and eye pain caused from Menstruation.
Homeopathy has a huge range of medicines and it becomes difficult for a commoner to select an ideal one. Therefore, when you are deeply affected with menstrual cramps, you can always consult an expert before administering any medicine.
Hi, sir/madam I have unprotected sex with my gf She taken unwanted 72 tablet after 2 hours of sex Unwanted 72 is is safe if is effective.
I am 21 years old I have missed my period suggest any tablets which will help me in getting my periods.?
Dr. I mated with my would be on 17th feb. I did not get periods on 1st week of march (normally I get 1st week of month. We waited for next month even though I did not get periods. Urinary pregnancy test was doubt ful. If I get positive upto what date I use medical methods to abort this. please mention date and month. Suggest pill also. Thank you.
I am pregnant I already had four month old baby girl and I don't have any one to look after the baby and with this pregnancy I am in serious problem since first one is very small I can't afford this at present please suggest medicine to abort it I will be very grateful to you if you kindly help me out of this problem so prescribe medicine which is available over counter. Thank you advance.
Hello doctor myself rani jain. I am 24years old women. I have irregular time period. What should I do. please suggest me any medicine aur syrup.
It's two months that she is i is pregnant. Now we want to know that when we have to go for ultrasonography test. Please learn me more as some relatives are saying that we are late for the rest. Please advice.
Is there any single test to diagnose sti's and std's? Whats the window period for that test? Which of the sti's and std's are curable and which are not? Are sti's, std's life threatening?
I have problem in pragnancy . I want to be a pragnant . Before one and half year i was pragnant and in that my baby girl was died in the womb. ( In Nine month and nine days passed) now there is problem in pragnancy . What should i do ? All doctors told me there was nothing problem in me and also not in my husband both reports are normal although there is no result. Plz suggest me what to do ? thanks.
My last monthly period was on February10, 2015. Can I stop pregnancy by oral medicines now? If i am pregnant for how many days can i elongate it? Within how many days do oral medicines work for birth control?
Hi. I am 10 weeks 6 days preg. My hcg is doubling in 48 hours. But for safer side doc suggested me to take hcg 5000 iu injection weekly. 1. Pls confirm till what time I should take hcg injection or should I stop it? 2) baby heartbeat at 9 weeks 6 days is 168 bpm. Is it on higher side? 3) doc has suggested double marker test 10 weeks 5 days. Is it the correct time to go for the same? 4) m taking susten sr 300 mg twice. Is it sufficient dose? 5) m taking bigomet sr 500 mg twice daily as I have pcod. And till what time I should take bigomet and when to stop? 6) also m taking bharglob in every three weeks (immunoglobulin) and enoxaparin 40 mg daily as I had 3 previous miscarriage at 6 weeks.
Emergency is helpful in preventing pregnancies post unprotected sexual activity. It can be used in case of contraceptive failure, in case of sexual assault, incorrect use of contraceptives and unprotected sex.
Emergency contraception can be done by three methods. These are emergency contraceptive pills, combined oral contraceptive pills and copper intrauterine devices.
The copper IUD is considered to be one of the most effective forms of emergency contraception, when it is inserted within 5 days of unprotected sexual activity.
However, the emergency contraceptive pill regimen as per WHO is:
1 dose of levonorgestrel 1.5 mg, or 1 dose of ulipristal 30 mg, taken within 5 days (120 hours) of unprotected intercourse
The Yuzpe regimen which consists of 2 doses of combined oral contraceptive pills
What is Emergency Contraception?
Emergency contraception is usually referred to as the contraception which is used to prevent a pregnancy within the first 5 days after an unprotected sexual activity. It is used post failures of contraception, coerced unprotected sex, rape or misuse of contraception.
Emergency contraception is only effective in the first few days after an intercourse and before the egg has released from the ovary, and before there is fertilization between the egg and the sperm. The emergency contraception can do no harm to an interrupted pregnancy and a developing embryo.
Who needs emergency contraception?
Any girl or woman who is at her reproductive age might need an emergency contraception in case of an unprotected sexual intercourse.
- Breakage, slippage or displacement of barrier methods
- Three or more missed OCPills for more than 12 hours
- Missed Mini pill for more than 3 hours
- Missed Desoestrel pills for more than 12 hours
- DMPA injections taken more than 2 weeks late
- Miscalculated dates of last period and present ovulation side effects
These are meant only for emergency contraception and NOT AS A REGULAR CONTRACEPTIVE. It involves pumping of a hormone inside your body at levels which are 5 times higher than normal. hence excessive and unnecessary use may cause irregularity in the period cycles and an adverse effect on the menstrual health over a period of time. Ideally it should be taken under guided medical supervision.
In what situations should emergency contraception be used?
Emergency contraception can be used after a sexual intercourse. These include:
In case of no use of contraceptives
If it is a case of rape or coerced sex, where the woman was not protected
When there is a contraceptive failure, like
incorrect use or slippage
3 or more missed combined oral contraceptives, progestogen-only pill (minipill) taken more than 3 hours late, desogestrel-containing pill 12 hours or more, norethisterone enanthate (NET-EN) progestogen-only injection taken more than 2 weeks late
Delay in placing or dislodgement or early removal of the skin patch or the hormonal ring
Breaking, dislodgement, tearing or early removal of cervical cap or diaphragm
Failure of withdrawal that is ejaculation the external genitalia or vagina
The spermicide tablet failure
Miscalculating the periods, failure from using a barrier on the fertile days
Expulsion of an intrauterine contraceptive device (IUD)
Methods of Emergency Contraception:
There are three emergency contraception methods:
Copper-bearing intrauterine devices (IUDs)
Emergency contraception pills (ECPs)
Combined oral contraceptive pills or the Yuzpe method