Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Laxman KamatYour feedback matters!
Doctor I am a female aged about 44, I have low back pain, tennis elbow, knew pain and I am feeling now a days very tired, what should I take, please suggest me.
I am a diabetic at present my fasting sugar is 196 and pp is 274. From last 1 month I have started walking. But now suffering from knee pain. Pl suggest medicine and exercises for me. Being banker I have a sitting of 8 hours.
I wants to tell you about my hands and legs problem. I fell very pain in my body and fell some hesitation. Please tell me the solution of my this problem so that I can fell some relief in my body?
A lady of 80 years old has a hairline fracture in hip bone. Also the ECG reports show that the operation is risky and cannot be performed. I request you to please provide a solution. I would be really very thankful to you. Please its really urgent.
I got some problem with my hands and legs when I went to new place due to water change I will get pains.
Male 29 years 176 cm84 kg healthy4G1 suffer from joint pain in all major joints of body only on right side18 months Mainly right knee Very rarely and significantly less it also occurs in left knee MRI.
Skin is one of the most obvious parts of our body, which ages with an increase in the number of candles on our birthday cake. As you age, joints tend to become stiffer and less flexible. The body does not recover from bumps and bruises as easily as it did before, and it becomes difficult to stand for extended time intervals. This is caused mostly by a breakdown of cartilage and inflammation of the synovium.
What is cartilage?
Cartilage is a flexible connective tissue. It connects the ends of two bones in a joint. It is softer than bone tissue but less flexible than muscle tissue. Cartilage is responsible for the smooth movement of joints.
With age, cartilage begins to degenerate. As the cartilage gets thinner, movement becomes more and more difficult. If left untreated, the cartilage may completely wear off leaving no buffer between the bones. This is one of the leading causes of knee replacement surgery.
What is synovium?
Synovium is a membrane responsible for keeping the cartilage healthy. It produces a thick fluid that keeps the cartilage and joint lubricated. In cases of osteoarthritis, this membrane can swell up and produce excess fluid. This in turn causes the joint to swell as well.
Along with age, factors like being overweight, genetics, gender and lifestyle also play a role in the condition of your joints. Being obese point towards a sedentary lifestyle and puts extra pressure on joints, leading to the thinning of cartilage. While men have higher chances of becoming osteoarthritis patients before 45, women have higher chances of developing this disease after 50. A healthy lifestyle is the easiest way to ensure that your joints work well even when you're old and grey.
Movement of the joints keeps the fluid in them moving. It also prevents the cartilage from shrinking and stiffening up. Exercise also makes the bones stronger, and slows the rate of bone tissue deterioration. Stretching exercises are also a good way to maintain the flexibility of joints.
Foods that are known as natural antihistamines, antioxidants and foods that fight inflammation promote healthy joints. Some of these are:
- Green tea: It prevents the breakdown of collagen and cartilage
- Nuts and seeds: These are rich in omega 3 fats that are essential for good bone health
- Ginger: It relieves pain and joint swelling
- Yogurt: It helps soothe tender joints and fights inflammation
- Pomegranate: It protects the cartilage against damage
Hot and cold therapy can also help relieve joint pain and reduce inflammation. As you get older, avoid putting too much pressure on your joints and give them adequate rest. Lastly, avoid smoking, as people who smoke have an increased risk of cartilage loss.
Related Tip: "How Homeopathy Can Cure Muscle and Joint Pain?"
I used to play cricket and volleyball almost every day but suddenly from past 6 months I encountered knee pain in both of legs. I have been to two hospitals and both of them said there's nothing to be worried, but I'm getting huge pain at my knee area whenever I'm trying to play. Is there anything to be done to reduce that pain so that I can play again regularly without any pain in my knee part.
I am suffering from back pain from three year and I feel so very bad. Can you suggest what should be done.
Hi, I find swelling on my legs as I'm working as a teacher so will my moving up and down almost for 8 hours, any measures to reduce the pain.
I am 61 yr female suffering from acute pain in right knee due to cartilage depletion. I am taking glucosamine chondroitin.
Recently I took an MRI of my spine and neck. As I was having severe pain for some time. After taking the MRI, the report showed that my spine was developing archanoid cyst. Please enlighten my condition.
Lower back pain is one of the most common ailments among adults all across the world. You may wake up in the morning with an energising drink before going out to work. After you arrive at work, you may have to sit there till lunch, which involves further sitting and you are required to sit for more hours for completing the remaining work. Then you come back home by sitting in the car and have the night’s meal while again sitting. Did you know sitting through the day is the major culprit behind your back pain? Thankfully, yoga has effective ways of treating back pain to a considerable degree.
You can choose to do the following yoga poses for alleviating your back ache:
- Supine hamstring stretch: You will have to lie back on your back and bend the right knee to the chest. Then you will have to place a rolled-up towel around the football and straighten the leg towards the ceiling and press both the heels. In case your lower back feels strained, you can bend your left knee and place the foot right on the ground. Hold the position for about 3 to 5 minutes and practice regularly for soothing back pain.
- Two knee twist: You will have to bend your knees to the chest while lying on the back and try to bring out the arms forming a T-shape. Then try to exhale and lower down the knees on the ground towards your right side. Keep both the shoulders pressed down firmly and hold this position for about 2 minutes for best results.
- Sphinx: You will have to prop yourself on the forearms while lying on the stomach. You will then have to align the elbows right under the shoulders and press through the tops and palms of the feet. You are likely to feel terrific sensations down your lower back, but it is advised to bear through it as it allows the flow of blood to that region which is required for healing. Practice the position regularly and hold it for at least one minute.
- Thread the needle: This is quite an easier pose where you will have to lie flat on your back by bending both the knees with your feet flat on the ground. You will now have to bend the right knee by placing the outer left ankle through the right thigh. You will have to thread the right hand between the leg and interlace the hands behind the left thigh.
These positions would help in soothing your lower back pain, but it is recommended to consult a doctor if the pain still persists. Ayurvedic Tiktaksheer basti, massage therapy and certain oral medicines can help a lot in speedy recovery from spine/back related problems.
Ayurved has a very unique way of drug administration called Basti in which various medicines are given through the anus ( Rectal route)...For Lumbosacral / spine disorders a very specialised form of enema Tiktaksheer Basti (Medicated Bitter Milk enema) is given which shows amazing results. Kindly consult a specialized Ayurvedic practitioner for additional details.
Kati Basti (Vasti) is a traditional Ayurvedic treatment used for lower backache and disorders of lumbosacral region, including slip disc, lumbar spondylosis, sciatica, spinal problems etc. Kati Vasti is a part of external oleation (Snehana) therapy in Ayurveda. It is very safe, non-invasive and green category procedure.
In this procedure, you will get instant relief from backache. After completing a course of 7 to 21 days, you may not need any kind of oral medicines. It is a complete therapy for back pain and lumbosacral disorders.
However, the results vary person to person, but in most of cases, people get quick relief after the procedure.