Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Ayurvedas online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lavita De Sa
Submit a review for Dr. Lavita De SaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Prompt treatment at a nominal fee
I am suffering from dandruff and hair loss problem is their eny solution to gain hair with out eny treatments.
My wife has never experienced an orgasm during intercourse. Like even after Dex for continuously for 30 mins she never experienced.
Hi my name is karina gupta. I have high blood pressure problem. What type of activity help in this. Is yoga is really helpful dietwise what is good supplements.
All Ayurvedic treatments have their roots in hundreds of years of research and thus are extensive. The philosophy followed by these treatments is that every human being in governed by three doshas of forces - vata (air), pitta (fire) and kapha (earth). Depending on the force that is in highest proportion in an individual, all his psychological and physical attributes are determined. Hair loss is attributed to the pitta dosha which is concentrates on metabolism and digestion. The various methods to treat premature loss of hair, according to Ayurvedic principles are:
- Balancing the pitta dosha: Pitta dosha can be managed by eating less salty, fried and spicy food, consuming limited amount of alcohol, coffee and meat and reducing smoking habits. Certain herbs can curb excess pitta like shatavari or asparagus and bitter vegetables.
- Ayurvedic oil and shampoo: An effective remedy is oil made by boiling a cup of neem (margosa) leaves in 4 cups of water. The mixture is then strained and stored. If applied at night and rinsed off in the morning, hair loss can be prevented and your hair gets healthier. An Ayurvedic shampoo can be made at home by preparing a mixture of methi (fenugreek), green bean (mung dal), soapberries, lemon juice and curry leaves which need to grinded well together before applying on the scalp.
- Ayurvedic diet plan: Ayurveda believes that a well-balanced diet is the preventive measure to most ailments, including hair loss. Consuming vegetables with high protein and iron content like cauliflower, kale, pumpkin leaves, spinach, salsify, lentils, beet greens, string beans, dandelion greens, raisins, soybeans etc. proves to be helpful in this regard. This diet can also help to combat systemic diseases like alopecia which may causes loss of hair and sizeable bald spots.
- Ayurvedic medicines: Four ayurvedic medicines are used extensively for the purpose of combatting hair loss. These are Thikthakam Kashayam, Thikthakam Grisham (regulates metabolism), Chyavana Prasam and Narasimha Rasayanam, which improves the strength and quality of hair).
- Combating other problems that cause hair loss: Using herbs like Brahmi (to manage stress), Shilajita and Jatamansi (for thyroid imbalance), cardamom (for chronic problems) and ashwagandha (for immune system disorders) can indirectly help when hair loss is a symptom or side effect of another disease.