Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Lata M. DandekarYour feedback matters!
I am 27 having facial hair in chin and chicks uperlevs. Irregular periods problem. How to get ride of this.
I had sex today but I am feeling uncomfortable though we had protected sex but before using condom he inserted his penis with orgasm in vagina. Should I take pills? Is there any chance of getting pregnant?
I am female with 30 years of age. I was on Yasmin tablet almost 4 years because I was having more of male hormones but now I have stopped that from last 4 months now I wanted to conceive. From last 2 months I am taking siphene 50 mg from my 5th day of my periods for 5 days and later taking meprate 16th day of my period for 10 days and taking folvite 5 mg regularly from last 2 months. Is this medicine is OK? If I am on meperat is there chances to get pregnant? How could I check ovulation study and ovulation day?
I am 24 year old and I am 5 week pregnant and we did ultrasound but there is no heart beat? what should I do?
Your uterus is held in place by ligaments, tissues and pelvic muscles. The prolapse occurs when the ligaments or muscles weaken, and thus they can no longer support the uterus. The uterus slips or sags from its usual position into the birth canal (vagina).
Uterine prolapse could be complete or incomplete:
- If the uterus partly sags into the vagina, the prolapse is incomplete.
- If the uterus falls, and tissues are found to be resting in the vagina's exterior, the prolapse is termed 'complete'
Type of Prolapse:
- Cystocele: It is characterized by the herniation (bulging) of the vaginal wall caused by the bladder; it leads to urination problems
- Enterocele: It is characterized by the bulging on the vaginal wall caused by the bowel; it leads to backache
- Rectocele: If the rectum pushes into the vaginal wall, it makes movement in bowels difficult
Uterine prolapse can be caused by any of the following factors:
- Normal childbirth through the vagina weakens muscles
- Pelvic muscles weaken with age
- Tissues weaken after menopause and oestrogen loss
- Chronic cough, constipation, pelvic tumours or abdominal fluid accumulation puts a lot of pressure on the abdomen leading to prolapse
- Pelvic muscles are stressed if you are obese or overweight
- Major pelvic (or areas around it) surgery leads to loss of muscular support
- Excessive weight lifting causes weakening of muscles
Symptoms of uterine prolapse depend on its severity. There are no symptoms or signs if you have mild uterine prolapse. But if you have moderate to severe uterine prolapse, you might experience the following symptoms:
- Sensation of pulling or heaviness in the pelvis
- Tissue bulges out of your vagina
- Urinary problems like urine retention or urine leakage
- Bowel movement difficulties
- Pain in lower back
- Sexual problems such as vaginal tissues feeling loose
Symptoms might feel less distressing during the morning, but they worsen at night. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi, my wife is into 8 months pregnancy, today doctor advised ultrasound and the report is normal but my baby's one of the kidney is enlarged. Doctor said that it will be cured till delivery. So is that normal because after searching online I found many information. Kindly advise?
A recent study conducted by the Harvard School of Public Health revealed that using mouthwash twice a day can significantly raise your risk of developing type-2 diabetes. The research also indicates that a person using it twice a day is 55 percent more likely to develop type -2 diabetes.
So how should you take care of your oral health without increasing your risk of diabetes?
- Ensure you visit your dentist at least every six months
- Quit smoking
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft brush
- Eat foods that promote oral health, such as Almonds, apples & leafy greens, etc.