Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am a 33 years old female. I am having hypothyrodisom for last 4 years and I am taking thyroxine 100 mg. I am trying to conceive a baby since 9 months, but there is a problem in eggs fertility and rupturing also. Kindly suggest me the medicines for best eggs fertility.
I am 25 years old. I am having problem of white discharge and irritation near vaginal area Please provide remedy for it.
I am married and having 1 year old kid. We decided to for next kid after 3 years. I am using condom for sexual intercourse. My partner some times have hitching problem. Any other advice for avoiding pregnancy. Also during sexual intercourse sperm comes immediately during penetration. Pls advice for having increased time for sexual intercourse.
I am married so I am decide plan to child so get best advice what period I have sex between period time.
Not being able to conceive a child can be one of the biggest problems for a woman. Infertility also includes not being able to carry a baby full term. Infertility can have a single cause or can be the result of a combination of factors. In most cases, infertility can be treated but in order to do this, it is essential to first understand the underlying cause of infertility.
Let's take a look at some of the things that could be keeping you from getting pregnant:
- Damaged Fallopian Tubes: Pelvic inflammatory disease can cause inflammation in the fallopian tubes and damage or block them. It can also be the result of a sexually transmitted disease. A blocked fallopian tube will not allow the egg to reach the uterus from the ovaries and hence does not allow you to get pregnant.
- Hormones: Hormonal changes can prevent the ovaries from releasing eggs and can also thicken the lining of the uterus. Excessive stress and a sudden change in weight can disrupt the production of the follicle-stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone leading to irregular or absent periods.
- Cervical and Uterine Trouble: This includes abnormalities like fibroids and polyps in the uterus and abnormally shaped uterus. These fibroids could block the fallopian tubes or interfere with the implantation of the fertilized egg.
- Endometriosis: This is a condition where the endometrial tissue grows outside the uterus. It can affect the functioning of the ovaries, fallopian tubes and uterus thus interfering with your chances of conceiving a baby.
Treatment: Treatment for infertility depends on how long you've been infertile, age, the cause of infertility and your preferences.
Some of the ways it can be treated are:
- Fertility Drugs: Fertility drugs are of many types and are often the first step in treating infertility. If the infertility is caused by ovulation disorders, fertility drugs can help regulate or induce ovulation.
- Surgery: Polyps and fibroids that are preventing pregnancy can be removed surgically to treat infertility triggered by them. It can also be used to treat intrauterine scars.
- Intrauterine Insemination: This involves the placement of healthy sperm cells directly in the uterus and is timed to match the release of eggs from the ovaries. This can be used in combination with fertility drugs.
- Assisted Reproductive: In vitro fertilization (IVF) is the most common assisted reproductive technique. This involves collecting eggs and sperm from the women and man and fertilizing the egg with the sperm cells in a laboratory. This fertilized embryo is then implanted in the uterus.