Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lalitha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. LalithaYour feedback matters!
Me and my gf just got married. We both are virgins. I am unable to penetrate her as the vagina is very small and she becomes tense in anticipation of the pain. I have been inserting a finger for last 2 days. Was able to insert my penis by a inch but the pain was unbearable for her. Also after trying for 15-20 seconds, I also lose my erection. Please suggest a solution. Also, Should we be using a lube? If yes, which one? Thanks.
Low BP 【94/60】 in 27th week of pregnancy? Is this problematic for now or later? What are the line of treatment.
Sleep disorders are problems in the pattern of sleep of an individual, often leading to a serious mental, physical and psychological strain. The most common types of sleep disorders are:
- Insomnia: People suffering from insomnia usually display symptoms like difficulty in falling asleep, waking up in the middle of the night and being unable to get back to sleep or waking up feeling tired.
- Sleepwalking: People suffering from this disorder get up and walk around, being asleep all this time.
- Narcolepsy: People suffering from narcolepsy usually complain of overwhelming drowsiness after waking up and the drowsiness persists throughout the day.
- Obstructive sleep apnea: Patients suffering from this, generally experience a state where their breathing pauses for a while and resumes after few seconds. This usually happens when throat muscles block the airway and create problems.
Homeopathy offers several treatments for these disorders and they are:
- Using Nux Vomica: This is especially helpful in case of insomnia; it can help in recovering from a general state of sleeplessness.
- Using Coffea cruda: Sleep disturbance and waking up in the middle of the night are symptoms for which this medicine proves to be beneficial.
- Belladonna: Bad dreams of deep-lying insecurities that don't let the patient sleep are most common symptoms that can be treated by this. Belladonna helps in case of problems of consistent sleep.
- Stramomium: It is beneficial for sleepwalking and also proves to be helpful to an extent in case of sleep apnea.
- Aconite: Especially, helpful for patients suffering from narcolepsy as it reduces the onset of tiredness brought about by lack of sleep and thus, helps in recovering from the drowsiness and lack of activity that narcolepsy brings.
- Phosphorus: Helps in case of sleepwalking and is often beneficial in cases of insomnia too.
- Pulsatilla: Beneficial for obstructive sleep apnea by reducing the muscle constriction and for people suffering from acute cases of narcolepsy.
- Arsenicum: It helps with better sleep for people suffering from sleeplessness due to anxiety, fear or worry. Acute thirst of water coupled with lack of sleep past midnight and general drowsiness are the symptoms that you need Arsenicum. This works well for sleepwalking patients too.
- Valerianna: Especially, beneficial for sleepwalking patients. Patients who are only able to sleep towards the morning are the ones on whom this works well and this can be taken in herbal capsule form as well.
Yoga, cold water bath and raw foods twice a day ignites sparks in dying romance or sex
- Hardly 30 minutes fast yoga pranayam, five minutes cold water bath, 20 minutes raw foods and all brisk activities give you miraculous energy and drive.
- This ignites dying romance or sex found in today's busy routine life. youthfulness comes from brisk activities and right postures, and humorous carefree approach.
- Serious boring perfectionist people kill themselves and others too.
- Serious boring perfectionist people kill all around.
- Just make them come back to ground
- Though rough I sound
- But yet tough I found.
- So tease but bring ease
- Don't behave as if life on lease
- In through nose full and out through mouth full 10 times breathe.
- Changes all by 180, nothing to freeze or cease
- Life wife knife all double edged handle trick and grease
I am 24 years old. I have a 6 years daughter then I don't get pregnancy next. I consult doctor .she tells me left tube is blocked gives injection to open. Next period second day come, snd then give tablets and come sixth day after period gives inj to release egg but the doctor tells there is no improvement in the egg. This one repeats in three months. Why the egg is not improve.
Hi is there any difference between inj ovidac 2000 IU and ovidac 2k hcg 200 IU. Please suggest me something for that.
Congratulations, that your Urine pregnancy test is positive and white stork will be visiting you soon! So it's your fourth week and you are advised an ultrasound in the coming week. With all the questions coming in your mind on what to expect from the ultrasound in regards to a normal pregnancy, I am here to help you month-wise. (Know more about dietary facts in pregnancy)
In the First Month (Learn more about First Trimester)
On ultrasound you will see the pregnancy sac and the doctor would describe the same as the womb-pregnancy sac. This highlights that the pregnancy is not ectopic (pregnancy outside the womb).Cheers! You will be called again a week or two later to see the further developments of the baby.
In the Second Month
On ultrasound you can now see a fetal node and the doctor makes you hear a typical galloping horse like sound-that's the fetal heart beat- the heart beat of your baby. You can also see a small ring like structure in the pregnancy sac which is yolk sac. It takes care in terms of nutrition until the placenta is formed
In the Third Month
You are asked to give your Dual test- a blood test which tests for hormones like B hcg and PAPP-A which indirectly indicate whether the baby has chromosomal abnormalities or risk of growth restriction later on. You will be told to have an 11-13 weeks scan .In this scan ,markers for chromosomal abnormalities like Nasal bone, Nuchal; translucency(fluid behind the neck) ,blood flow through the liver(Ductus venosus) , Tricuspid regurgitation along with Length of the baby and heart rate will be studied .During the ultrasound you will be shown the structure of the baby from head to toe. At the end you will be counselled whether you are a low risk or high risk for getting a baby with chromosomal abnormalities(especially Down Syndrome).
And if all is well you are called for the next scan at 5th month.
In the Fifth Month
This is the anomaly scan or Level 2 scan. You will notice your baby has grown significantly since you last saw. The doctor will see the structure of the baby including the brain and heart .The location of your placenta will also be reported. It you have a quadruple test/ triple test ,the results will be interpreted and explained.
If its a thumbs up, you are advised to follow up with your obstetrician and come for an ultrasound at 8th month if everything continues to be as expected.
In the Eighth Month
This scan checks the growth of the baby and the fluid around it. The medical experts check the blood flow through the essential structures like the brain,liver and umbilcal cor (fetal Dopplers ). The same is done to reassure you or decide further management. In some cases , this scan may be pre-pond starting at 7th month.
If along with the expertise, there is a high end ultrasound machine , you get a chance to see your baby moving/dancing/thumb-sucking in 4 dimensions. You and your hubby will surely fight over the nosy -its alike yours or your hubby's! And the experience is awesome and ever cherishing.
When you are feeling an arousal, it is an experience for your whole body and is not just limited to the vagina, which gets stimulated and blood flow is improved. A charged-up sex can even get your follicles stimulated and it is no surprise that the breasts are also going to be affected with sexual arousal and the act of intercourse.
Most women enjoy the stimulation of the breasts as they form an important erogenous zone of the female anatomy. But, enjoyment depends upon the way in which they are stimulated. Also there are times when the breasts are tender and an attempt to stimulate them causes pain. This usually occurs premenstrually, during pregnancy and in women using oral contraceptive pills, when the breasts are engorged due to hormonal influence.
Hence, it is best to ask the partner whether “to do or not to do”. Though most people are aware that the nipples get hardened during sexual arousal, it is not really the end of the game. With the rush of blood all over your body, most of which is directed towards your vagina, your boobs are bound to get adequate attention.
So, here are a few things that happen to your breasts when you feel sexual arousal.
- Breasts become more sensitive: Once sexual arousal starts to kick in, your breasts would become more tender and sensitive to touch. It is not just the nipples, but the areola and the breast as a whole are bound to experience goose-bumps.
- Breasts become much bigger: From the time you feel a sexual arousal till the time when you finish the intercourse, the body goes through four different phases namely excitement, plateau, orgasm and resolution. During the plateau phase, the body expands and swells, expecting an orgasm. While the vagina expands to about 2/3rd of its usual size, the boobs may also get bigger by 20 to 25 percent of their usual size.
- Areola swells: It is not just the boobs that increase in size, but the areola also experiences some swelling. This is due to your breasts becoming engorged with a rich flow of blood. In some instances, the areola may swell so much that it may appear that the nipples are no longer erect. As long as you are sexually aroused, your nipples are going to be that way.
- Breasts tell the brain to release oxytocin: When your breasts are fondled, either by hand or mouth, the stimulation of the nipples sends a signal to the brain, asking it to release oxytocin. Oxytocin, also called love hormone, allows people to feel pleasured and it is the primary component that creates an emotional bond during intercourse.
- Breasts change in color: The combination of the rushing of estrogen all over the body as well as the stimulation of blood vessels, can cause a pink rash on the breasts, which may spread to your upper stomach and neck and a slight enlargement of breasts is going to be there.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 32 years old female, trying to plan my family. I have a 29 days cycle and I ovuulate every month. But I do not know why I have not yet ovulated this month yet. I had my periods on 4th september. Is it normal? I am getting some watery odorless discharge since the last 2-3 days and mild pain in my lower abdomen center mostly when I am bending or trying to sit on the floor. What is it? Why is this happening?
Whether angioplasty and stenting is absolutely necessary or can be avoided depends on the sypmtoms, signs, ecg , acho and angiography findings of the patient.
- Most of the times in situation of acute heart attack angioplasty with stenting is the life saving procedure. In heart attack patients angioplasty is the swiftest and surest procedure to open the artery ugently and thus is a life saving procedure. Angioplasty performed in heart attack situation is called a Primary Angioplasty and should be done as fast as possible as it reduces death rates as well as future disability rates.
- In chronic stable patients who have not suffered a heart attack and were found to have coronary stenosis on angiography Angioplasty and stenting can be avoided based on clinical scenario. In such situations careful treatment with medicines is to be started in consultation with cardiologist. This treatment should be carefully and regularly followed in guidance of your cardiologist. There are many patients who do well on medicines alone.
We all would have noticed that with age, hair growth along the earlobe crease is not something abnormal. We all have seen people who develop these as a part of ageing. There was nothing unusual about it at all. However, what is unusual is that science has found a very interesting correlation between heart attacks and hair on the ears.
Yes, it does sound very unusual, but there have been studies conducted which say that hair growth on the ears could be one of the first warning signs of the onset of coronary artery disease.
What is coronary artery disease?
The heart is a pump that sends out and receives blood from the rest of the body through a channel of highly interconnected blood vessels. The ones which carry pure blood to the rest of the body are known as arteries and the ones which collect impure blood and bring it to the heart are known as veins. Due to changing food patterns and sedentary lifestyle, there is a lot more fat in the body, which also travels through the blood. Due to their heavier nature, they settle along the walls of the blood vessels, thereby narrowing the blood vessel thickness and reducing the blood flow to the various organs. This is the onset of coronary artery disease.
Early Indicators of coronary artery disease:
- Hair loss (often premature, either in the temple region or the crown)
- Fatty deposits on the eyelids
- Earlobe crease i.e people with diagonal earlobes are more likely to develop heart disease
- Hair in the ears
The last two are interrelated, as hair growth in the ears is more common in people with diagonal ear lobes.
The next correlation is between testosterone and hair growth in the ears.
People with more testosterone in their bodies are more likely to develop body hair, including in the ears. Scientifically, it has been established that people with greater amounts of testosterone are more likely to develop heart disease. Interestingly, the correlation is stronger in younger age groups.
Another interesting fact is that though coronary artery disease is linked to the presence of ear hair in both men and women. However, sudden cardiac death was more common in men than in women. Both these had hair growth, though.
There is another group which dismisses this theory saying that with age, both hair growth and coronary artery disease are likely to develop, and there is no significant correlation between the two. However, if taken as an early warning sign, ear hair growth can definitely guide in taking preventive measures, which can help control the problem in its early stage, which is definitely welcome to improve the overall quality of life! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.