Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lakshmi
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. LakshmiYour feedback matters!
I said about my past life to my partner after marriage I mean about how boys proposed me. How they contacted me through phone and some mental attractions about boys. He reacted positively and said you are great and how you faced all these conditions? Now he is separate from 1 month I think the past is disturbing him! I don't know how to face all these in the society. He also said about his past and about girls. I am in so much depression. Please suggest me something.
Hello doctor, I am engineering student. I am having some problems like I am behaving against myself. I am 20 years old. I am having teenage feelings like to have a sex with a girl. But I feel that it's not good at all. I always try to devote with whom I love. But can't stop it. What should I do in case I want to leave my such thinking. And also to focus on studies.
Hello, goodmorning sir, my opinions is my memory power is very less. So iam to remember some thing. Suggest please plz.
I am a diploma student and have a big pressure. Please inform me thr best medicine for stress control.
I feel stressed and shortness of breathe, sometimes my body temperature go less and head pains, when I go to closed places like I gone to passport office I started feeling suffocated and breathe problem is this anxiety or some other problem? My nose also remain closed.
I lost somebody close last year and since than feel very depressed prefer keeping to myself all the time. please help me.
Hello sir it's me saurav, sir I am suffered from stammering and it's happen suddenly when I am 10 years old, I am facing lots of problems because of stammering. Can I able to get any solution from you to overcome from it.
The pain in my back and side was so bad that I scheduled a doctor's appt. After speaking with a nurse and determining it may be gas, I cancelled apt and purchased GAS-X. The gas moved around and that is it! The pain is amazing. GAS-X provided NO relief as of yet. What should i do now?
Do anti depressants lead to suicide or suicidal tendencies if taken for longer period of time. Do they become ineffective if taken for longer duration?
How can I make my mind sharp. I m losing my memory power plzz tell any solution for my memory power also. Or tell any medicine.
Stress affects every aspect of our lives. It does not allow you to think or focus on anything else, tempts you to binge eat and takes control of your lifestyle. Stress can also cause severe health problems that can result in heart disease. Thus it is very necessary to learn how to control and manage stress. Managing your stress effectively can help you cope with it better and let your remain in control of your life.
Homeopathy is based on the belief that the mind and body are connected. Thus by treating one, the other can benefit as well. Thus when prescribing a form of treatment for any health condition, attention is always paid to the mental state of the patient. Homeopathy can be very effective in treating and controlling stress and stress related problems. When treating stress with homeopathy, it is essential to first understand the cause of stress.
Some common homeopathic remedies for stress are:
- Arsenic album: This is usually prescribed to people who are generally anxious and nervous. People affected by the stress of being late for an event or meeting can also be given this remedy to ease the stress. Patients who benefit from this form of treatment are also often hypochondriacs who constantly feel that every minor symptom is a sign of a major illness.
- Bryonia: This is very effective remedy for all kinds of stress. It can also be used to treat stress triggered by uncertainty at the workplace and insecurity about not having enough money even though they work very hard.
- Calcarea carbonica: This is also a common homeopathic remedy for work place related stress. People who are concerned about being observed or stressed by an upcoming deadline can be benefited by this medication. This type of stress can commonly be seen at the time of appraisals.
- Staphysagria: People who are extremely sensitive and feel that the world is unjust and unfair to them cab be benefited by Staphysagria. This is often faced by children bullied in school and people in corporate work environments. Staphysagria boosts confidence levels and thus makes the person feel less vulnerable.
- Ignatia: Emotional stress is very well treated by Ignatia. This homeopathic remedy addresses feelings of disappointment and guilt and stress that follows an emotional loss such as the loss of a loved one or breaking up for a relationship. It also fights the desire to withdraw from family and friends and moodiness.
Hello sir I have few doubts. I am always thinking about only one whatever it's. In the time of am I free. I.e.e.g. Sex thoughts are totally disturbing me. How can I move my mind set to other thoughts like study & career. In this process I am not participated in sex. But thoughts are distributed me. Please any suggestions for me.
Modern lifestyle generally motivates you to be conscious of your health and external obstacles to attain a fit body. But like many other problems that are not quite evident, lack of sex in your relationship may look like a trivial matter in the beginning, but can become a bigger emotional and psychological problem for you and your partner. Here are several ways in which lack of sex can lead to trouble in your relationship, and in the long run affect your mental and psychological health.
- Resentment as a primary factor: It has been widely accepted that resentment towards your partner is one of the primary reasons for the lack of sex in your relationship. However, you cannot ignore the fact that in most cases, lack of sex, which is not due to resentment, leads to resentment and misunderstandings, making it a serious issue. This will indeed induce great stress in you, affecting the way you treat your partner even outside the bedroom.
- Harm caused by resultant depression: Lack of sex in a relationship often goes a long way in widening the emotional gap between you and your partner. It results into simmering resentment or quarrels. The feeling of rejection has been known to induce severe clinical depression, which can seriously affect the relationship.
- Stress which you can't cope with: Doctors all over the world agree that sex is a great stress buster. The release of chemicals like endorphin or oxytocin inside the body induces relief and a feel-good mood, which reduces anxiety of daily life goals. When you stop having sex, the stress increases, which at some point of time or the other will lead to misunderstandings and problems in the relationship and emotional strain.
Overall, lack of sex leads to insecurity in the relationship and builds up mistrust, which in turn affects your and your partner's personal health. So, sitting down and discussing how to address this issue might be a good idea if you notice the lack of passion in your relationship. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.