Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. LakshmiYour feedback matters!
STRESS -BUSTING FOODS
Stressful events cause our cortisol levels to rise.cortisol causes food cravings, and in women, those cravings tend to be strongest for carbs, especially sweet according to research.
Stress and nutrition have always been linked- it's a fact. Someone with a healthy and balanced diet is likely to be far less than those someone with a poor diet.
Healthy, nutritious food and breathing exercise are the simplest methods for relieving stress.
Food with high vitamin and minerals actively help to reduce stress levels.
Food and drinks that can trigger and aggravates stress includes.
*Tea, coffee, coca, energy drinks.
* Fast foods and takeways.
* Butter cheese.
* Meat and shellfish.
* Sugar, alcohol, soda, soft drinks, chocolate drinks.
* Beverages like soft drinks which contain no vitamins and minerals.
STRESS - Busting food how they work:
1.Bowl of oatmeal boost levels of serotonine a calming brain chemical.
2.Complex carbs- All carbs prompt the brain to make more serotonine. whole grain bread, pasta, cereals, oatmeal.
3.Spinach- Too little magnesium may trigger a headache and fatigue compounding the effect of stress.other green leafy vegetables, cooked soybeans, fillet of salmon also high in magnesium.
4.Fish- omega 3 fatty acid found in fish such as salmon and tuna can prevent surges in stress hormone and may help to protect against heart disease, depression, and PMS.
5.Black tea- Drinking black tea may help you help recover from stressful events more quickly than tea drinkers.
6.Avocados- one of the best ways to reduce high blood pressure is to get enough potassium, and half an avocado has more potassium than a medium-sized banana.
7.Almonds- vitamins E to bolster the immune system, plus B vitamins, which may make you more resilient during bouts of stress or depression.
8.Raw veggie- crunchy raw vegetables can help ease stress in a purely mechanical way. Munching celery or carrot sticks help release a clenched jaw that can ward off tension.
10. Milk- another bedtime stress buster is the time-honored glass of warm milk. Research shows that calcium eases anxiety and mood swings linked to PMS. ADIVCE TO TAKE LOW FAT AND SKIM MILK.
My wife is suffering from Bipolar disorder. She had had an episode of Mania in August after which this condition was diagnosed. Doctor had prescribed Divalpro 750 mg as maintenance drug which was later reduced to 500 mg as she was experiencing dizziness. She is facing weight gain and hair fall which is probably the side effects of this. Can we have some other alternatives to this to avoid these side effects?
As much as we would like to ignore it, domestic abuse is a very common problem. Not every woman has the strength to fight against it and confide in someone. As a friend, it is your duty to look out for them. You don’t have to be an expert in psychology to know the warning signs of domestic violence. Here are 8 such warning signs.
- She is quiet when he is around: If your friend is normally jovial and suddenly becomes quiet the moment her partner is around, don’t overlook the change. She may be scared of saying something that might upset him and start a fight.
- She allows herself to be put down: In almost all cases of domestic violence, the woman is made to feel guilty about everything. This becomes habit and she loses her will to fight back. If you notice you’re friend allowing her partner to walk over her and put her down, she may be facing abuse at home.
- She withdraws from friends and family: Social withdrawal is another major sign of domestic violence. There may be a number of reasons for this; he is too possessive of her, she is injured and scared of letting people see her injuries etc.
- Unexplained injuries: Making an excuse that walking into a door caused a black eye isn’t only a scene from the movies. If your friend suddenly starts wearing inappropriate clothes such as long sleeved tops in summer, she may be a victim of domestic abuse. Look out for such excuses and injuries.
- Plans that are frequently cancelled at the last moment: Victims of domestic abuse often make plans, but never keep them. This could be because their partner does not like them going out without them or because she is injured and doesn’t want you to see her injuries.
- She has casually mentioned violent behavior, but dismissed it lightly: Casually mentioning violent behavior at home could be your friend’s way of trying to tell you that something is wrong. We fear being judged and hence it is sometimes very difficult to speak openly about facing domestic abuse. If you feel a friend is being domestically abused, encourage her to share her problems with you.
- Her finances and personal choices are not controlled by her: Domestic abuse victims usually have most of their lives controlled by their partners. This includes finances, choice of clothing, social attendance etc.
- The children seem nervous and frequently upset: Children may not say much, but notice a lot. Even if they are not abused, seeing their mother hurt can affect a child and make them moody, withdrawn and upset.