Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi LakshmananYour feedback matters!
My lower central 4 teeth are getting yellowish day by day and they were yellow from 1 month so suggest something for it.
I am suffering from ulcers from last 7 years. Entialy problem was less. Now problem increased. Took so many medicine b folsin, becasules, rabagen, folfit, now recently checked up by Dr. Iynger at ahmedabad gen. Sr physician & as per I have problem of mouth ulcers aphthous. I. Dr. Advised no treatment. Only yaga is treatment. Can you guide me. Thnx
I am suffering from teeth disease. It is affected by warm and being black with pit in the bottom. I want to remove it and replace bridge teeth. Is it good or what to do as you think? Please notify me.
Hi, My daughter fell in school while being pushed by fellow student, accidentally chipped her 2 front teeth. We took her to nearby dentist who suggested RCD, got it done. Now suggest if we should get the crown also done. She is just 9 yrs.
Hello Dentists, For past one week, there is bleeding when I brush, Actually my lower right side last teeth is half grown, and my gums are torn a little to make room for growing, Thinking am brushing on that gum harsh and it bleeds. It may be the reason or any other problem ?
Hi, I am Krishna aged 26, suffering from through ulcer. What is best suggestion to get rid of this? I am struggling to take food, struggling to speak struggling to drink.
I have 32 teeth in my mouth. Can I grow one more tooth? So, that I can eat my food quickly and I can smile bigger and I can get full paisa vasool from my toothpaste?
I have horizontally erupted wisdom tooth. And it is swollen and paining a lot. Doctors are saying yo extract it. Is there any remedy without extraction?
Hi, I am suffering from mouth ulcer from last few years. When I get this ulcer I use b-complex tab so I can get relief. But how long is this. Can I have permanent remedy for this.
A healthy set of teeth is essential for good living. However, teeth problems are widespread and you are susceptible to it at any age, at any time. Though there are medications available for tooth problems, sometimes extraction of the tooth remains the only plausible solution.
You may have to undergo tooth extraction for multiple reasons. Some of them are:
- Unaligned teeth: In case you are suffering from unaligned teeth, chances are that you may suffer from what in technical terms is known as "crowded mouth." In such a situation you have difficulty in eating as there is not enough room for the teeth in the mouth. Extraction of tooth, in this case, is the only way to rectify it and align the teeth in a better fashion.
- Infection: Sometimes if you suffer from a tooth infection, it tends to quickly spread to the pulp, affecting and damaging the blood vessels and different nerves. Though medications are available, if the intensity of the infection increases, extraction of tooth remains the only option.
Procedure: There are different steps that are involved in the extraction of teeth. They are:
- Local anesthesia: Like all other surgeries, administering a local anesthesia is the first step. If you are undergoing a tooth extraction, the dentist or the surgeon will inject anesthesia that will create numbness and soothe you of the ensuing pain.
- Cutting away gum and bone tissues: After the anesthesia, the dentist will proceed to extract the infected tooth. In order to do this, the doctor cuts away the gum and the tissues covering the tooth. After the root of the infected tooth has been exposed, the dentist would then with the help of forceps, sever it from the jaw.
After the surgery, you must observe certain precautions to expedite the recovery process. Some of them are:
- Take painkillers: After the tooth extraction, the possibility of suffering from an ensuing pain is incredibly high. Therefore, in most cases the dentist prescribes certain painkillers and you must take them regularly.
- Change the dressing: The operated area will be covered with bandages to preclude any infection. However, the dressing must be changed from time to time. If the same dressing remains for a long time, chances of an infection increase.
- Complete rest: After the extraction, you must take complete rest and not engage in any form of physical activity.
- Avoid certain foods: Just after the surgery, the operated area remains tender. Therefore, you must eat food that requires less effort to chew like soup, pudding, ice cream etc. You must also abstain from smoking and drinking for some time.
I had braces for 2 and a half years and treatment was completed in 2013. The doctor took the imprints of my mouth and gave something to wear while sleeping. I was told to wear it for 6 months followed by a check up every 6 months. But the doctor didn't call me once after 2013. Neither does he picks up my call and I still wear those at night. What should I do? Should I discontinue wearing it or not? I'm afraid if I leave, the position would change a bit.
we have to know why they get yellow in the first place.
There are several factors
2.food and drink
A tooth is made up of 4 tissues-enamel, dentin, pulp and cementum.
The enamel and dentin is what play the biggest role in color.
two biggest culprits are the nasty food and drink that actually break down the enamel, and weakening enamel as we age.
As the enamel breaks down, it reveals the yellow dentin underneath. These remedies will focus on whitening teeth that have already lost some white enamel, but it’s also good to keep in mind that doing things to strengthen enamel is just as important so you can keep it from breaking down further.