Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi LakshmananYour feedback matters!
Doctor my date of birth 27/07/1965 I am working in restaurant. While I am sleeping in the night or after having dinner getting to much water in my mouth I am having sufficient food & water at night. What is the reason I am getting to much water in my mouth at night time please suggests me
I am using tobacco from few day. At night time if I won't wash my teeth and sleep does it effect my health.
I had my right lower wisdom tooth extracted one week before. It was simple extraction without any surgery n thus no stitches. Now when I apply Rexidin-M gel to that area I can feel that the skin is in much better condition. Becoming flat day by day. But I'm feeling slight pressure like sensation around my right side chin area n neck too if I lift my mouth for gargles. Not exactly pain. But if I touch my chin then slight pain n pressure like something is stretching there. Is it normal? I have checked with my doctor also the day after the tooth extraction in the next two days also, he didn't notice anything serious but now since m back to my workplace I can not check with the doctor. I ll see the doctor this weekend. Meanwhile I want to know is the symptoms normal. M taking ketrol DT whenever I experience any pain n pain becomes normal after it.
I am 29 years old female. I guess m allergic to medicines, if I fall sick n take any tablets even if its prescribed by doctor I immediately get mouth ulcers. I m unable to consume food.
I have a dental problem. I removed my clip which was used for levelling my teeth down. But it doesn't give expected result. Because 3 teeth's came up after the usual taking of 4 teeth's .so there is no space and my front teeth's are big. Can I fix this problem?
My mouth is smelling bad even after brushing twice daily with doctors advice. How do I stop bad smell?
Please give the cost with various type of dental transplant third last upper tooth, Tooth already removed.
Mg friend is 20 years old. Mawa khane ki wajah se uska muh puri tarah se nahi kulta pahele muh me 4 finger chali jati thi aur ab to 2 ungli jitna hi kulta hai wo kya kare ki muh pura khul sake? koi upay btaye?
Gum disease begins with the growth of bacteria in your mouth and it may end with loss of teeth. Thus, the severity of gum disease or periodontitis should not be underestimated. Tooth loss mainly happens due to the destruction of the tissue which surrounds the teeth.
Types of gum disease:
- Gingivitis: Gingivitis is basically the first stage of periodontitis. It causes bleeding from the gums and also causes immense pain in the teeth.
- Periodontitis: In periodontitis, the gum and teeth separate. A gap is formed between the two which may cause debris to accumulate in the space and cause other infections.
Causes of gum disease:
The exact cause of gum disease is not known but here are some of the possible causes:
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes during pregnancy, menopause and puberty are just some times the gums become more sensitive and gingivitis develops.
- Illnesses: Cancer, HIV, diabetes and other illnesses may cause problems with the immune system and damage the gums. This is an example of how gingivitis is caused as a complication of other disorders.
- Bad habits: Smoking causes gum disease as you may already know.
- Poor oral hygiene: Not brushing and flossing may lead to accumulation of food materials in the mouth causing gum diseases.
- Family history: Family history is also a major contributing factor to what may cause gum disease.
The treatment prescribed for gum disease depends how deep it is set and whether it is a case of gingivitis or periodontitis. Here are the possible treatments for gum disease:
- Professional dental cleaning: This is the most common treatment used in the early stages of gum disease. In fact, dental cleanings are usually used to prevent it and are used as soon as tartar and plaque buildup.
- Scaling and root planing: This is also a type of cleaning except that it needs to be done under a local anesthetic as there is a certain degree of pain involved in the procedure.
- Surgery: Surgery is also sometimes used to remove the infected pockets and put the gums back in their original place.