Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Laila Rajesh DaveYour feedback matters!
What is the safest period for unprotected sex, not using a condom with my gf. Is it fine to get involved in intercourse during periods?
If you do not mind can I text in hindi. Actually meri sister ki age 26 years hai. Ek saal ho gaye shaadi ko abhi koi baby nahi hua. Shadi se pahle usko shortness of breath, abdomen pain, ribs ke neeche pain, yawn lene per pain hota tha, to maine MD ko dikhaya ultrasound me ascitic fluid aaya, fir stomach se injection se thoda pani nikala gaya checkup ke liye fir report aai. Aur medicine chali 3 months yah usse upar jaisa docter ne kaha tha. But kabhi kabhi medicine missd ho jati thi. But course complete hone per sab medicine band ho gai. But abhi bhi usko ribs me pain, yawn me pain rahta hai, 3 se 4 ultrasound karaya kuch nahi aaya, fir whole abdomen ct scan karaya with contrast kuch nahi aaya. But pain ki problem hamesha rahti hai. Sab jagah dikhaya but kuch report me aa hi nhi raha hai. Aur ek saal shaadi ko ho gaye but pregnant bhi nahi ho pa rahi hai. Kuch samajh me nhi aa raha hai kya kare? Ascitic hua ho to pregnant na hone ki problem hoti hai kya? Please help me bahut paresaan ho.
I am 33 yrs old I had one query about my pregnancy me and my husband report are normal but why I am not conceiving?
How could a woman can get pregnant if man pulls out before ejaculation during sex? When all sperms are out and not inside?
Also known as Posterior Prolapse, Rectocele involves weakening of the walls between vagina and rectum, thereby, causing the rectal wall to swell and protrude into the space of the vagina. This bulging is a common, but temporary problem that arises after childbirth. In severe cases, the swollen tissues may extend out of the vaginal opening and usually cause more discomfort than pain.
What are the most common causes for Rectocele?
- An upright posture places a lot of weight on the pelvic region, which is probably the most important cause for Rectocele or Posterior Prolapse.
- Constipation is also a very valid reason for Rectocele because it causes straining of the connective tissues that separate the vagina and the rectum.
- Constant heavy lifting and indiscriminate increase of body weight may also put a lot of pressure on the pelvic region that could ultimately lead to weakening of rectal and vaginal tissues.
- Weakening of vaginal passageway due to pregnancy and childbirth is also a common reason for Rectocele development.
- Chances of developing Posterior Prolapse increases with age.
Physiological problems posed due to Rectocele
- Passage of bowel becomes difficult and may sometimes require pressure on the vaginal bulge.
- The protrusion of tissue takes place from your vaginal opening, when you strain while passing bowel. This usually happens in people with constipation.
- This disorder may also induce a sensation that the bowel tract has not been fully emptied even after passing stool.
- Such vaginal bulging also causes difficulties and embarrassing concerns during sexual intercourse.
Medical recommendations and preventive measures to tackle Rectocele
- Home made remedies and exercise are usually effective. Performing exercises help re tighten the pelvic muscles and tissues, thus reversing the effects of Rectocele. Vaginal pessaries or rubber rings, inserted into the vagina, can also support loose tissues and keep them in place.
- Surgical procedures are hardly needed in most cases of Rectocele. But if the issue is chronic, you may opt for removing the protruding tissues by surgery or strengthen the boundary between vagina and rectum by a mesh patch. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
What if someone get mistakenly pregnant. What's a solution abortion or anything else. I'm asking because pregnancy is only 15 days old. please guide me.
Hello mam, I am 25 years and I have 01 year old baby boy recently two weeks back I have been placed copper t loop with doctor consultancy . From 3 days I am able to see slight bleeding irregularly. Is it common symptom? I am worried.
What is homeopathy?
Homeopathy is a system of natural medicine developed by samuel hahnemann, a german physician in the early 1800s. He discovered that the same substance that could cause a reaction in a healthy person could also be a remedy for someone suffering from similar symptoms.
That is the basic premise of homeopathy: like cures like. it may seem hard to believe, yet the approach to vaccination used in western medicine is a similar one, albeit one that is fraught with potential side effects, unlike homeopathy which is completely safe.
Homeopathy is a natural, holistic, approach to healing a person, using minute doses of specific remedies, rather than simply eliminating a particular symptom using a band-aid approach. Unlike many health models, the model for homeopathy is one of individualization. No two people are alike, so just because two people suffer from headaches, the homeopathic remedies provided for them may be completely different.
There are many benefits of homeopathic medicine, including:
1. It can be used by pregnant and nursing women;
2. It can be used by children and infants;
3. It does not interfere with medications taken by a person;
4. If an incorrect remedy is selected, it is completely safe and will not harm the person at all;
5. Other than occasional, mild, and short-lived symptom aggravations which pass quickly and tend to be followed by improvements in the symptoms of a person, there are no side-effects of homeopathic remedies. This symptom aggravation is actually regarded by homeopaths as a sign that the correct homeopathic remedy has been selected and usually results in symptom improvements;
6. It can be used for chronic or acute conditions;
7. It is an individualized system of medicine which treats the person, not merely the symptoms. The symptoms, however, are addressed when using this approach and are typically improved;
8. Homeopathy is a holistic approach to healing: one that involves the body, mind, emotions, and spirit of the person being treated;
9. Homeopathic remedies are readily available and can, therefore, be used by anyone;
10. Homeopathic remedies are typically inexpensive and therefore provide an affordable approach to healing;
11. Homeopathic remedies can be stored for long periods of time;
12. Homeopathic medicine is non-invasive; and
13. There are many studies proving the effectiveness of homeopathy, when used correctly.
She had unsafe sex with her husband but periods not come what can she do she does not want baby at moment.
Doctor I just came to know that I am pregnant and today completed 5th weeks as my last period date was 18 aug, I was suffering from mid cycle spotting since 1 year continuously and even this month also so doctor gave me progesterone sustained release 200 mg to take after dinner and since 3 days I am feeling period like cramping in my lower abdominal region and lower back also, special when I am standing and walking, I am worried, please tell if it is ok to have these cramps, apart from this I don't have any other problem.
What should be the proper food to be given as she is pregnant of 7 weeks and four days? She is 51 kgs weight and what should be given for a healthy baby?
I had two days delay in my period now is out and I'm bleeding like never before with thick blood coming out and my stool is black don't know if is because I ate more iron food than before.
Health benefits of Ragi:
Maintains bone health:
Ragi is the richest source of calcium among plant foods. Calcium along with vitamin d help strengthen bones. It is an excellent source of natural calcium for children and aging people. It helps in the development of bones in growing children and in the maintenance of bone health in adults. Thus, ragi helps keep bone problems at bay and could reduce the risk of fractures as well.
Aids weight loss:
Ragi contains an amino acid, tryptophan which reduces appetite. It has a much higher amount of dietary fiber compared to white rice and other grains. It is also a low-fat cereal and most of the fats are in the unsaturated form. This makes it the best choice in grains for people trying to lose weight. The bulkiness of the fibers and the slower digestion rate makes one feel fuller on fewer calories and therefore helps prevent excess caloric consumption.
Lowers high cholesterol levels:
Ragi contains amino acids lecithin and methionine which help bring down cholesterol levels by eliminating excess fat from the liver. Finger millet also contains the amino acid threonine which hinders fat formation in the liver and helps bring down the cholesterol levels. The high fiber content of ragi also helps manage cholesterol problems.
Help in anemia:
Ragi is an excellent plant source of natural iron. Its consumption helps in anemia. Vitamin c increases iron absorption. Sprouted ragi develops vitamin c in the process of sprouting, therefore, the iron in ragi becomes more bioavailable when consumed as sprouted ragi flour or ragi malt.
Reduces diabetes risk:
Due to the high polyphenol and dietary fiber content in finger millet, regular consumption is known to reduce the risk of diabetes mellitus and gastrointestinal tract disorders. According to a research finger millet based diets help diabetics as they contain higher amounts of fiber over other cereals and millets. Diets based on whole finger millet have a lower glycemic response i. E. Lower ability to increase blood sugar level. This has been attributed to the presence of certain factors in ragi flour which lower digestibility and absorption of starch.
Ragi - best food for diabetic
Helps in relaxation: one amazing benefit of ragi is that it helps in relaxing the body naturally. It is found to be beneficial in conditions of anxiety, depression, migraine and insomnia.
Source of essential amino acids:
Ragi is rich in amino acids vital for the body. Finger millet contains amino acids namely tryptophan, threonine, valine, isoleucine, and methionoine. Isoleucine helps in muscle repair, blood formation, bone formation and improves skin health. Valine is an essential amino acid which facilitates metabolism and repair of body tissues. Another essential amino acid, not found in most cereals, is methionine. It is found in ragi and therefore makes it a complete protein food, unlike other cereals and millets. The amino acid methionine is useful in various body processes, helps in eliminating fat from the body, and is the main provider of sulfur in the body. Sulfur is essential for the production of glutathione which is the body's natural and most important antioxidant.
Ragi food preparations
Finger millet is normally consumed in the form of flour-based foods such as roti (unleavened pancake), mudde (stiff porridge/dumpling) and ambli (thin porridge). Ragi can be used to make porridge, upma, cakes, and biscuits. Ragi flour is used to make various Indian preparations like dosas, idlis, and ladoos.
'puttu' is a traditional breakfast of Kerala, usually made with rice powder together with coconut and steamed in a cylindrical steamer. The same preparation is also made with ragi powder, which makes it more nutritious
Multigrain flour preparation by combining wheat and finger millet in the ratio of 7: 3 (wheat: finger millet) is one of the simplest ways of incorporating ragi in the daily diet as no Indian meal is complete without the Indian style bread or roti. In the proposed blend, though the gluten content is reduced significantly, the making of chapatti is not much affected. However, the color turns a little dark. Fortification of finger millet in chapattis is very helpful in controlling glucose levels in diabetic patients efficiently.
Malted ragi grains are ground and consumed, mixed with milk, boiled water or yogurt. In southern parts of India, it is the recommended food, by doctors, for infants of six months and above because of its high nutritional content. Homemade ragi malt is one of the most popular infant foods till date.
Delicious ragi malt
Malting characteristics of finger millet are superior to other millets. On malting, the vitamin cis elaborated, phosphorus availability is increased, digestion is easier and amino acids are synthesized. In south India, the malted ragi flour is extensively used in the preparation of weaning foods, instant mixes and beverages.
How to treat a tear at lower part of vagina which occurs because of sex and cause bleeding whenever we do sex but it is painless.
Sir my periods date is every month 5th husband did sex april 1st at a time i am bleeding. Bleeding is countinously been for 3 days after that it is stopped. After that I dont get periods. How I can understand it is a periods are another. Is chance to get pregnant ?
Libido or sex drive means the desire to have sex; there are a number of reasons that can lead to low libido. There are a number of methods by which you can increase your libido, some of them are:
- Exercise: Exercise is one of your major weapons against low libido; make sure to exercise on a regular basis as it helps in improving circulation in the body. Do various exercises such as squats and push-ups to improve your strength and endurance. It is known to increase production of sex hormones and endorphins in the body.
- Limit Smoking: Smoking cigarettes causes complications in the body as it is known to be a vasoconstrictor. The blood vessels tend to narrow, thus leading to damage in the arteries and veins. The veins of the penis may be damaged leading to sexual problems.
- Stress Reduction: You may adopt various techniques such as meditation and yoga to reduce stress levels in the body. Stress raises cortisol levels in the body which can hamper your sex life.
- Sleep: You need to sleep adequately and sleep sound as sleeping deficiency has been linked with erectile dysfunction. Sleep also revitalizes your body and releases beneficial hormones in the body.
- Restrict Alcohol Consumption: It is important that you restrict alcohol consumption as alcohol in excess may lead to obesity and other related disorders. It may also lead to mental health problems such as anxiety which can impair sexual drive.
- Cut Down on Coffee: Coffee is a known vasoconstrictor as it tends to narrow your blood vessels. It limits blood flow, thus may reduce your sex drive. Make sure you limit coffee intake to 1 or 2 cups of coffee to avoid the complications.
- Diet: Include plenty of vegetables and fruits in your diet to get the necessary nutrients in your diet. Vegetables such as cabbage and broccoli contain antioxidants that protect your body against free radical damage. Include oily fish such as salmon that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids because they help in improving sexual drive.