Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. LailaYour feedback matters!
Hai doctor I'm pregnant 6 month passing now and I would like to eat raw rice shall I eat or not doctor because is there any problem to baby by eating raw rice please reply me.
I am 30 yr old lady having 10 months old baby, last 2 months period not came, I had done prega test it is -ve, this problem causeing bodypain, irritation.
What is Karyotyping? Is this help to knw genetic disorder that can be transmitted to child from mother before conceiving baby?
Healthy diet will change your life!
I had a hormone problem that's why I missed my period and you want to be a pregnant I was married what should I do please help me.
I am suffering with Pcod for past one year. I was 44 kg. And now I am 68 kg. Rapid weight gain has been a major problem for me. And I also found a black ring around my neck? What are the foods to avoid to cure this disease? Which one is the best allopathy/ homeopathy/ayurveda! What shall I do for my problem and the diet to follow?
The fallopian tubes are not mere passages for the egg to travel from the ovaries to the uterus. It is here that conception occurs and hence healthy fallopian tubes are essential for the fertilization of an egg.
Damaged fallopian tubes are the most common cause of infertility. This damage can fall under three categories.
- Blocked fallopian tubes
- One blocked and one open fallopian tube
- Tubal scarring
The third is usually an effect of pelvic infections or natural healing after a pelvic surgery. Sadly, in most cases, this condition is discovered only after infertility has been diagnosed. Other causes of fallopian tubal scarring include:
- STDs such as chlamydia trachomatis and neisseria gonorrhea
- Adhesions caused by ruptured ovarian cysts
- A history of ectopic pregnancies
Fallopian tubal scarring has no recognizable symptoms. Chronic pelvic pain is the only known symptom of this damage and that too can be seen only in severe cases of tubal scarring. On diagnosing infertility, your doctor will perform one of these tests to determine the condition of your fallopian tubes.
- Hysterosalpingogram: This is a type of X-ray. Your doctor will open the vagina with a speculum and inject a liquid into the uterus with the help of a catheter. If the liquid does not pass through the fallopian tubes, it is said to be blocked. This however, does not say much about tubal scarring.
- Laparoscopy: A small incision is made below the belly button and a slim, flexible tube with a camera is passed through the incision. This gives your doctor a clear view of the condition of your fallopian tubes. A laparoscopy can also be used to rule out other causes of infertility such as endometriosis or blocked fallopian tubes.
Treatment for infertility caused by tubal scarring is of two types:
- Surgery: This is suggested in cases where tubal scarring is minimal. Depending on the intensity and placement of scar tissue, your doctor may decide to perform one of many types of surgeries. He may choose to remove the scarred section of the fallopian tube, create a new opening (in case of blockages) or rebuild the damaged edges of the fallopian tubes.
- In Vitro Fertilization(IVF): Women with badly scarred fallopian tubes usually have poor chances of conceiving naturally. Hence, IVF is the preferred treatment route. However, your doctor may still advise you to undergo surgery and remove the damaged tubes prior to IVF to prevent the tubes from filling with fluid.
Sir, mene meri gf k sath ek month pehle sex kiya tha or condom ka use nhi kiya tha, but mene sperms ko uski vegina m nhi Jane diya tha so kya vo ab pregnant ho skti h or kya m use pill due?
Have you heard of a controversy over, whether to drink milk standing or sitting? There are some scientific reasons, according to which, drinking milk in a sitting position is better and healthier than having it while standing. According to Ayurveda, milk is considered to be a vital and precious food item, and hence, you must ensure that you are drinking milk in the right posture.
You should sit while drinking milk
Scientifically, drinking milk while standing causes the fluid hit the lower part of your esophagus. Over time, this may result in the dilation or relaxation of the sphincter which connects the stomach to the esophagus. This may lead to a health condition known as GERD or Gastroesphegal reflux disease.
From Ayurvedic point of view, drinking milk or any fluid in a standing position is forbidden and advised against. Many scholars suggest that this norm exists because of health reasons. Moreover, drinking milk in a standing position may cause another issue. If you gulp down half a liter of milk, it goes into your stomach. The stomach’s capacity is between 900 to 1500 millimeters and on the consumption of the milk, it gets half full all of a sudden. This may cause the stomach to pulsate because of the volume of milk and it will also distend the stomach capacity because of weight. This may cause colic shock resulting in intense abdominal pain.
If you sit down and drink milk, sip by sip, the stomach will not distend because of the support it gets from the stomach cavity, which is in turn is supported by your thighs.
Benefits of drinking milk
In Ayurveda, milk is a highly beneficial food, having several benefits. They are as follows:
- Milk is calming and cooling, which helps in balancing Vata and Pitta.
- According to Ayurveda, milk is considered to be the most calming and nourishing food.
- It is a natural food for human beings, which they are accustomed to right from birth.
- Milk is an aphrodisiac and helps in vitalizing the reproductive system, improving your sex drive and quality of sperms in men.
- When you want to correct obesity, it is a perfect food for satisfying hunger and thirst.
- Milk causes a sense of soothing and satisfaction in many different types of illnesses and diseases.
- Milk is essential for your mind, for children and is also used for treating depression.
Although many people argue that there is no scientific reason associated with sitting and drinking milk to be safe, it has been scientifically proven that it is better to eat or drink anything while sitting, instead of standing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.