Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. L N KapoorYour feedback matters!
I have severe rashes and itching near my private part, specifically the region of inner wear. I have taken homeopathic medicine but it didn't worked. Kindly suggest a relief measure as I am in trouble due to this infection, can't even walk properly.
I want to get more fairer and smarter could get some help I am male 16 yrs, 5.5 ft amd 60 kgs. moreover do I need to take any supplements!
I have boils on my face which constantly came back, I think this is due to. The heat. Please suggest some homemade remedies.
I am 22 years old. On my face there is red color darks. And when I go in sunlight more time then they are showing more red red. How to remove them naturally.
I have small holes on my face I used some creams but no use can you help me how can I cure that holes on my face.
I have dull skin and my skin become red when I wash my face and have acne prone skin. Please suggest me treatment and some home remedies.
Hi doctor. I recently got married. And my husband home is in a village. After marriage my body colour has tan. After face wash my face is etching. Can you please suggest me any Sol. Any soap or face wash.
How to remove blackheads and whiteheads, I have lot of them. Keep on coming even after removing. Please suggest me a solution for this.
Mam My skin Mela care cream Applied For two weeks my face injury. And scar please tell mam ailment or medicine.
I have fissure in ano stool come to the opening but never come out till I strain, will you suggest best diet, because I could not afford for surgeries. I am 62 without any other ailments no sugar nor bp.
A chemical peel is a form of skin treatment where an acid solution is used for the removal of damaged outer layers of the skin. Alpha hydroxyl acids and trichloroacetic acids are used in chemical peels. Phenol is also applied to the skin. Chemical peels aid in improving the skin’s appearance. The chemical acid solution makes the skin peel off. The new skin is much smoother and is less wrinkled.
Chemical peels are of several types:
- Superficial peels: In this type, alpha hydroxyl acid is used to penetrate the outer layer of the skin and exfoliates it gently. Superficial peels are used for improving the appearance of mild skin discoloration and rough skin.
- Medium peels: In medium peels, trichloroacetic acid is used for penetrating into the middle layers of the skin to remove damaged cells. Improvement in age spots, lines and wrinkles can be done using medium peels. Rough skin is smoothened.
- Deep peels: In the case of deep peels, trichloroacetic acid or phenol is used for penetrating the middle layers of the skin to remove damaged cells. Skin appearance is improved drastically.
Conditions treated with chemical peels
Chemical peels are used for the treatment of certain conditions. They can be used to treat the following conditions:
- Reduction in fine lines which occur under the eyes or around the mouth.
- Treatment of wrinkles which are caused due to sun damage or old age. This is done using chemical peels.
- Chemical peels help in improving the appearance of mild scars on the skin surface.
- Several types of acne are cured by chemical peels.
- Chemical peels help in reducing age spots, freckles and dark patches known as melasma, which occur because of pregnancy or because of taking birth control pills.
- The overall look and feel of the skin are improved after using chemical peels.
After a chemical peel treatment is done, the skin becomes extra sensitive to the sun. Hence, it is recommended to use a sunscreen lotion, which also protects against UVA and UVB light rays.
Are chemical peels safe?
Chemical peels are very effective and provide perfect rejuvenation to the skin. However, as far as safety is concerned, you should know that chemical peels have some side effects.
- They may result in a temporary or permanent change in the skin color, especially in women who take birth control pills.
- Scarring can occur and cold sores can get reactivated.
Chemical peels involve the use of chemicals or acid to improve the appearance and condition of the skin. This procedure is an effective one and satisfactory results are obtained. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.