Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. L H SuratkalYour feedback matters!
I am 49 years male feeling burning sensation since last 1 month when bladder is full and goes after urination specially during day time in seating position in office chair / bike. Urine route check pus cells 2-4 hpf & epthelial cells 1-2 hpf rest is nil. Taking nifti sr and renalika since last three days. Please advise and what is the cause for this & treatment? thanks.
I am 21 and I have 3 calculus. Measuring 5*5 mm two in left kidney and one on my right. I work out regularly so can I continue my protein diet? Can you suggest me some diet plans? How long should I file that diet so I can get rid of those stones inside me?
I had stones in kidney last year. I took homeopathic medicines through the consultation of doctor for treatment of stones. Meanwhile, I masturbated three-four times while taking medications. I have been recovered from stone problems, but I got moving pain in the right side from testicular joint to leg, and sometimes in place of groin muscles. Also the angle of right testicle is slightly upward but not normal. I feel slight pain in upper part of right testicle which is swelled little bit. Please suggest what to do. I am very tense and depressed for last 8 months.
I am a rectum cancer patient. I underwent surgery and removed colon and rectum. The biopsy report says my cancer stage is T3N1. My doc advised me to eat low fiber foods. I still have difficulty passing urine and motion. What all food I must include in my diet? What other treatment I have to undergo after this?
I am 39 years old. I experience the edge to frequently urinate at night when in bed. I feel pressure (uncomfortable sensation) on my bladder but passes on small amount of urine. I have been tested negative for uti. This problem is common when am lying down in bed but less common when am up and going out in the night. Sometimes I have a light pain coming from somewhere around genital or may I say pelvic area. I have experience this pain when I ejaculate as well coming from the right side of my pelvic area. I dont experience any pain on my testicles.
I am facing problem in discharge of urine. Flow is restricted and urine comes with less pressure. Please suggest.
Before 6 months I was having frequent urination and getting thirsty . It was continued for 6 months and I did my blood test including kidney test, sugar, hb1ac, electrolytes all. But everything was ok except high uric acid. And after 1 month its stopped automatically. Again last 20 days I am facing same issue like frequent urination and thirsty. Please let me know do I need to test again or what is the issue.
Can drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water. What is the best water to drink?
Infection caused in the kidneys, bladder, urethra or the ureters is known as urinary tract infection. According to doctors, women are generally more at risk of suffering from this condition than men.
Some of the causes which contribute to the development of this infection are:
- Invasion of bacteria: Like any other infection, one of the causes of urinary tract infection is the invasion of the bacteria Escherichia coli in the bladder. This type of bacteria is most commonly found in the gastrointestinal tract and is most often held responsible for urinary tract infection.
- Spreading of the bacteria from anus to urethra: The spread of the gastrointestinal bacteria from the anus to the urethra leads to the infection of the urethra thereby causing urinary tract infection.
Some of the symptoms of urinary tract infection are:
- A nagging urge to urinate: One of the most predominant symptoms of urinary tract infection is a persistent, nagging urge to urinate. You would know your urinary tract is infected when you feel the urgency to urinate extremely frequently.
- There is a burning sensation when you urinate: The symptoms of urinary infection are extremely visible and are felt intensely by the one suffering from it. If you feel a burning sensation while urinating, chances are extremely high that you are suffering from urinary tract infection.
- Red colored urine: Sometimes your urine may contain perceptible amount of blood in them. In most cases, presence of blood in urine is a definite sign of urinary tract infection.
- Foul smelled urine: An internal infection in the urinary tract manifests itself in different ways. One of the chief symptoms of this infection is discharging foul smelling urine.
- Pain in the pelvic area: Women who suffer from urinary tract infection experience excruciating pain near the pelvic area, sometimes extending to the pubic bone.