Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. L. D. RuparelYour feedback matters!
My wife have problem of weakness. After eating food she feels that she have not taken food and feel dizziness. But she is taking a healthy food regularly. After that if she works a little bit she gets tired very much. Please do the necessary help for me.
Hello sir my sister having a itching problem below the chest on both sides and abdomen below her age is 25 years old unmarried she put the inners are very tightly night time the problem is very severely and reddish in colour. Give the solution sir/mam.
I am 65 yrs old and working as MD of Visapower in Kolkata in India. Having dry cough for last one week but have I not taken any medicine. Would you kindly suggest any Medicare? Regards
What are symptoms of headache and it is occur when I tension on any thing, and also gas problem please help me?
I am nt able ave proper sex. Coz within 1-2 min I ill sporn. So s der any way dat makes me have longer sex lyf. And I looks so thin. So please guide me.
Can we eat fruits empty stomach in the morning? If yes then which one? I heard that bananas should never be eaten empty stomach. Is it true?
I have a habit of speaking in sleep and behaving annoyingly without my notice, no time in busy schedule to consult doctor, pls help me.
Hi I am 21 years old boy, My skin is oily and so sensitive, my face, neck and hand are darker than my rest of the body. My hand and face becomes dark suddenly when I expose myself in sun and I get more sweat in heat. How can I get one colour skin?
1. Avoid eating cold foods: According to Dr. Pradip shah, consultant physician, fortis hospital, mulund, a common cold and cough triggered by cold food items like ice-cream and cold drinks is a common complain of people visiting local health clinics. Although there is no scientific evidence as to how cold food items trigger and worsen coughs, patients are normally advised to avoid them altogether until they recover completely. One sensible explanation for this would be that cold beverages and foods cause a drying out of the respiratory lining making it susceptible to infections and triggering coughing due to irritation.
2. Avoid overeating at night: Having a heavy dinner at night or overeating can be a cough trigger for people suffering from gastroesophageal reflux disease (gerd). People with gerd may have poor coordination between contraction and relaxation of the sphincter muscle that prevents reflux of food to the esophagus. As a result, the stomach acid can flow back to the food pipe, causing irritation of the lining to trigger cough. So, it’s better to have an early dinner and maintain a gap of at least 2 hours between dinner and sleeping time.
3. Avoid sleeping flat on the back: Sleeping posture plays an important role in triggering coughing at night, especially if you have a productive cough. All the mucus and phlegm that gets collected throughout the day, flows up to irritate the throat when you lie down on your back. Instead, sleeping in an inclined posture, or sleeping on the sides will keep the phlegm settled and avoid bouts of coughing at night.
4. Avoid eating fried foods: Fried foods are oily in nature and oil is a well-known cough trigger. Deep-frying foods in hot oil generates a compound called acrolein, which acts as an allergen that aggravates coughing and causes throat itching. So, it’s best to avoid oily, fried foods while you have a cough.
5. Avoid smoking: Smoking is one of the causes of a cough due to bronchitis. Not only does it irritate the throat lining, but it also delays recovery and increases your risk of cancer. If you don't smoke, remember second-hand smoke is equally dangerous.
6. Avoid caffeinated beverages: Caffeine should be avoided by those who cough due to acidity and gerd. While it may provide temporary relief from a coughing bout, it actually causes the esophageal sphincter to become loose, allowing more acid to get flushed into the esophagus.
7. Avoid over-exertion: Nobody takes an off from work because of a cough, but that doesn’t mean you should exert yourself by overworking. Coughing is an indication that something is wrong with your body, so make it a point to get adequate rest to give your immune system enough time to recover.