Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Kushal Shantilal SavlaYour feedback matters!
I have gerd & heart burn problem since last two months. I have take pentocid tablets and syrup but not get better. Is take for long time? how much time will take? please Suggest.
I am 26 years old. I am female. I can not smell of anything .eg. Doesn't smell gas, deo,any fragrance. Please suggest remedy for this question.
I've been suffering from silent reflux since before Christmas! It's hell. I tried the diet the doctor gave me (low fat and acid) and I didn't eat much and lost weight. At the same time I had always suffered with bloating and a lot of gas, very big boil like spots on my face and fatigue. I cut out.
I have piles problem. Have taken a treatment. But it comes again maybe its due to when I have outside food. How to get completely rid of it. How to deal with itching and discomfort at anus.
I am 33 years male. I am suffering from acidity, gas and indigestion. I have been also avoiding junk and oily foods from a little ng time but still I got no relief. Please help!
I am a 47 year old male and I am suffering from mouth ulcer for the past four days please tell me the cure.
I have pain in my anus while motion & while washing after motion, from few days right now paining little whole day, I am in panic when I seen little blood last day when I touch my anus please suggest what may be the problem.
My stomach is paining from 4-5 days. I have gas problems I take medicines it gets cured but again after few days the problem is back.
Hi, I M 26 year old. I am suffering from diarrhea since last 2 day. I M drinking lots of water in a day. I M feeling weakness, loose body, and low fewer. I have already taken paracetamol and glucose. What should I do?
Last December I fell something was blasting in my stomach and then I fell burning in my chest as well as in my stomach. I visit to hospital where doctors says it's gas no need to worry. Also my right side of stomach chest as well as my back was paining. After when I discharged from hospital in midnight I fell very uncomfortable and fear. Then I go to HYDERABAD for treatment. Where my endoscopy is doing blood test and chest X-ray. Doctors see the report and tell me that it's gas no need to worry. In January I visit to Hyderabad. But after April I fell stomach pain bloating and acidity sometime. Why? I was a very heavy smoker but I quit smoking in march. Is this happening due to quitting smoking or anything else? Please tell me is this normal or anything else? Two times my endoscopy is done but report is normal. I only take pentadoc tab.
My baby had gastritis last week. Now no vomiting but still he is not eating anything now. Rest things are normal like poop and all. I am worried his health. He is one year old. Please help. Me.
I have too much gastric problem even I can not drink tea or take the single bite of oily food. What should I do to get back on routine diet.
Sir I am 28 years old so in my stomach pain problem -guess, acidity, jalan in chest so please treat ment advised by you.
Respected Sir/Madam, I am suffering from acidity. I take 4 cups of tea/coffee. I take spicy food two times a day. Along with it I take normal food which includes fruits, raw vegetables. I have diabetics which is normal. Daily I take metmorfin Tables one morning and one at bedtime. I walks ½ hour. Body pains. My age is 50 years, my weight is 85 kgs. I am Advocate by profession I have heavy schedule of work. I take alcohol weekly once two pegs. The problem is I am not getting good sleep and my eyes will be burning sensation all the day. I completely keep on yawning and keep uneasy. Body pains and spinal cord pain. Some time I get head aches and stomach upset when I take spicy foods and alcohol. Kindly advice
Diarrhea is a disorder that affects people of all age groups. Medically speaking, Diarrhea is a mechanism that the body uses to eliminate germs from the body. Usually this disorder lasts for a few days to a week. It is usually accompanied by nausea, fever and dehydration.
Children can be affected by diarrhea in a number of ways, some of them are:
- Infections: Various infections, such as the ones caused by rotavirus and salmonella bacteria can lead to diarrhea. Usually diarrhea in children is caused by viruses; if it is viral in nature, then it can also cause stomach cramps, headache and vomiting. It also leads to loss of fluid from the body. Hence, the child's fluid intake should be compensated accordingly. Usually oral rehydration solution that contains nutrient such as potassium and sodium are preferred.
- Medications: Intake of certain medications, such as antibiotics and laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the cause is due to antibiotic intake, then you should consult a doctor. The doctor may alter the dosage or ask to increase the child's water intake. Yoghurt may also help ease the symptoms of diarrhea if it is caused by antibiotics.
- Food poisoning: Diarrhea may also result from food poisoning; symptoms of this type usually disappear quickly. Along with loose and watery stools, the child may vomit frequently.
The major complication that results from diarrhea is dehydration. Severe dehydration may lead to severe brain damage and seizures. It may also cause symptoms of dry mouth, fatigue, dizziness and dark yellow urine.
Certain preventive measures are:
- Use your good judgment while eating outside. Do not consume food from places which use unhygienic modes of preparation.
- Make sure your child does not drink contaminated water and there is access to clean and filtered water all the time.
- Your child should be eating a balanced diet that primarily consists of vegetable and fruits. They also help in adding fiber to the diet that keeps your bowels healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.