Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kushal Shantilal Savla
Submit a review for Dr. Kushal Shantilal SavlaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, I am having some digestive problem like I don't feel motion without having any medicine. Please suggest some good medicine. Some other problem facing are as: - no feel to have meal - Gas - Heaviness I the stomach - Headache - Whole day feel sleepy - no proper sleep I have this problem from a long time like 2 years, consult with many doctors but not getting proper response. Daily routine is as:- 2 glass of Luke warm water - Half glass honey water - One apple and almonds in breakfast - Lunch -Pomegranates two - some snakes like peanuts or namkeen - Exercise for half hour - Dinner - Dry foods - Trifla churna with Luke warm water at bed time.
My Vitamin B 12 level is 136.4 pg/ml and Vitamin D (25-hydroxycholecalciferol) is 12.46 ng/ml .my MCV is 101.18 fl and MCHC is 29.44 g/do and BUN (Blood Urea Nitrogen) is 8 mg/dl and Triglyceride is 202.2 mg/dl and HDL-cholesterol is 32.7 mg/dl and VLDL Cholesterol is 40.4 mg/dl and SGOT (AST) is 38.8 IU/L and SGPT (ALT) is 49.8 IU/L.Please guide with these. Do I have to worry about anything .if yes please guide with do's and do not's. I have fatty liver 26.9 cm and shows diffused fatty infiltration (grade 2)
I have a pain left side of the lower abdomen from past 4 months little cramping are there and I have an motion problem from past two months. Please help me.
My 69 years old mother is suffering from chronic diarrhea. Doctor suggested rifagut tablet twice a day for two weeks. How much quantity she should take. I mean 200 mg, 400 mg, 550 mg. She is diabetic and taking medicine for diabetic, b.p, cholesterol. Does this medicine cure her problem.
My age is 25 years old and I have a problem my stomach I have a gastric problem how I have to solve it can any one help me out by this.
I have pain in my knees, when I try to climb stairs. Also have regular acidity. My timings of eating breakfast, lunch and dinner are very irregular. Please help me with a remedy.
I am a 23 year male. I met with an attack of pancreatitis twice within 6 months. Is this happens because of improper diet? if yes then please consult me about the proper diet, and if no then please tell me the reason of this attack.
(Girl) Maine first sex period k 5th day m kiya or pet m marod ke sath dast or dard ho rha h ye perganancy ke chance h kya agar h to koi ilaaz btawo m pergant nhi hona chahti.
I have a stomach health problem in a weekly and I don't eat chocolate or any fast food also. How can I cure this.
Dear Sir, In My Ultrasound & LFT report has my Fatty liver (SGPT -64. My decor Advise me to take in One Month -udiliv-300, Becemic-60, Aluminium Hydroxide bp-500, Tinidazole IP300mg. So Pls Advise me what should I do?
A daily, regular bowel movement is one of the best personal habits that a person can have. It should be effortless, have well-formed stools, and be a normal routine that does not feel like a task. However, due to various reasons, including altered food habits, bowel irregularity is something very common. Especially in kids, given their increased junk consumption, regular bowel movement is something hard to establish.
The following are some simple, effective ways to restore bowel regularity. While some might require habit formation, once done, it should be effortless and become part of a routine.
- Food habits: Include more fibre which will add bulk and give a laxative effect. The size and weight of the stool is increased, gas formation is reduced, and intestinal discomfort is reduced. Combination of soluble and insoluble fiber obtained from seeds, vegetables, legumes, grains, nuts, and whole grains will do the trick.
- Increase hydration: A good amount of fluid intake will ensure the stool is not hard which requires strain to clear. Minus other drinks, 8 to 10 glasses of pure water can help in regular bowel movements.
- Maintain the good gut flora: If you are constantly constipated, then there is a good chance that the good bacteria are lost. Ensure these are replaced with supplemental probiotics, which also will ensure regular bowel movements. Herbs and other nutrients may also be used, like milk thistle, which also increase production of bile. This also ensures smoother and regular bowel movements.
- Be on the move: While the benefits of regular exercise are manifold, enabling a regular bowel movement is one of them. Do some sort of regular exercise for at least 20 minutes thrice a week, including abdominal and pelvic floor exercises. This improves the muscle tone in these areas and enables smooth and regular bowel movements. Tai Chi or Yoga can also be equally beneficial.
- Massage your tummy: Massaging the abdomen (and therefore the bowels) induces the natural, wave-like movement that is seen in the abdominal organs. This helps the stool to move along the intestine and eventually get them out of your system. Doing this every morning when you wake up before getting out of bed can help develop the habit of passing stool in the morning.
- Take it easy, relax: During times of stress, digestion is slow and bowel movements are not regular. Whether it is music or a walk, relax and see your bowels move more naturally and regularly.
While it is okay to use a laxative once in a while, these simple measures done regularly can help avoid the use of laxatives. Persistent constipation is a cause for concern and might need further investigation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.
Hi, friends. I am Dr Ashok Gupta. I am a general surgeon come gastro endoscopist. I am practising since last 35 years and my speciality comprises with the gall bladder, gall bladder stones, kidney stones, appendix, hernia, piles, fissures and fistula and gastro endoscopy to diagnose the various acid peptic diseases.
Now I am talking about the most of the prevalent disease in the common masses is acidity, gas formation, flatulence and constipation. These are the common conditions which are found mainly in the masses and most of the people they are suffering from this type of diseases. Acidity comprises of the acid formation in the stomach and if there is a more of acid formation it is called heartburn. Burning in epigastrium, indigestion, flatulence, gas formation, distension of the abdomen and constipation at times. This condition is caused mainly by the modern food habits which is being practised nowadays in children, teenagers, adults and even elderly people. This condition can be easily diagnosed by gastro endoscopy.
This is the device which is we can see inside the body about a metre of length from the incisor from the mouth. This is the fibre optic cable which is about 9-12mm in diameter and having the fibre optic fibres which we turn many numbers of times and it can transmit the images. The computer chip has now made possible to take images, videos of the lesion and it can be therapeutic at times. Many tumours like polyps and biopsy can be taken. The polyp can be excised through this endoscopy technique. A technique which is very modern and easy to do. It can be done under local anaesthesia. Little sprays are given into the throat so that he should not feel that something is going in and it hardly takes 10-15 mins. and the procedure is so much rewarding even it can save the life. We can see the various inflammation, oesophagitis, gastritis, duodenitis by this technique.
Many times many cancers, they can be diagnosed by this. Peptic ulcer diseases they can be diagnosed. Barred oesophagus, it is the pre-cancerous condition at the time can be diagnosed and can be treated accordingly. Many times the children swallow the coin or foreign bodies, they can be taken out by the endoscopic techniques. This is at a very nominal cost. It is possible in your nearby area, in Delhi itself. The acidity is mainly caused by the H. pylori infection which can be diagnosed by this and the secretion can be taken and it can be examined for this bacterial infection, the treatment can accordingly be given then it can be a curable condition and saves the life many times.
You can connect me on Lybrate. com. You can chat with me, you can make consultations through this site. If you have any questions, any queries, you can contact me or you can connect me with lybrate.com.
My gallbladder was removed 1 month before. After that I have no problem about it. But suddenly I feel pain inside my navel (right side). I went to the ultrasound. He didn't found anything. Only he found 7 mm hernia on my bellybutton. But he told me that it's not create any problem right now. Doc said it's nothing But I took pain killers but it not work. Still I feel pain when I walk or site etc. please suggest me.
Is vitamin E capsules taken without prescription of doctor is good or not? How should I take that also if I want to take vitamin C capsules. How should I take that?
I am 25 years old and having a big problem with gastric. How can I get rid of my life is nowin dad. Pleasehelp me to clear it. Please.
Chronic indigestion, stomach gas, frequent stool passing and sometimes anal burning. Feeling nausea and dizziness. Medicines from doctor like anti gas pan 20, antibiotics not making me better. Sonography, stool test, blood test normal. Also strong medications make me more sick and dizzy.
Inflammatory Bowel Disease needs to be controlled in the initial stage only so that severe symptoms can be prevented. There are a few easy treatments that need to be followed for getting instant relief and quickest recovery.
What are the commonest signs of Inflammatory Bowel disease?
- Fatigue and fever: Low-grade fever can be experienced, which might invite fatigue, tiredness and weakness. Your energy levels will become too low, and thus you will lose your concentration to work.
- Diarrhea: This is regarded as the commonest signs of all, and it can be quite severe in a few cases.
- Stool with blood: If you find blood with stool, then it is a serious case, and this sign confirms clearly that you have got IBD.
- Cramping and abdominal pain: Ulceration and inflammation within digestive tract might invite both cramping and abdominal pain. Vomiting and nausea are the other two symptoms that are associated with the same.
- Weight loss: Your digestive system can get disturbed as a result of which you might lose weight on a frequent note. On the other hand, your appetite will get disturbed, and you will suffer from malnutrition.
What are the best ways to treat Inflammatory Bowel disease?
- Lifestyle change: Proper diet should be maintained, and you should include foods with low fats, high fiber and others. Non-spicy and non-dairy foods are quite suitable in this case. Smoking, alcohol drinking and other bad habits should be curtailed from the diet. Eat healthy and drink water in abundance.
- Surgery: Only for dealing severe conditions, especially ulcerative colitis and crohn's disease, surgery is chosen as the best option but this decision is normally taken by the doctor.
- Medications: Specialized medications are being used like anti-diarrhoeal medications, pain relievers, and iron supplements, Vitamin-d and calcium supplements, vitamin-12 supplements and many more.
- Home remedies: There are few commonest homemade therapies that can treat IBD, and they are meditations, probiotics, acupuncture, turmeric, aloe Vera, fish oil and others. These remedies are the safest of all, and thus no side-effects will be faced.
- Doctor's assistance: Without doctor's help, you will not be able to get the quickest recovery from IBD. Therefore, you got to visit the clinic regularly in order to get the perfect treatment. There are a few therapists who can help you to get rid of unwanted emotional difficulties. A support group can also be joined for receiving moral support. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.