Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Kush Shyam MukhiYour feedback matters!
Is it OK to do treadmill jogging when we have a partial anterior cruciate ligament tear?PLease tell.
I am 48 years old female. I am having wrist pain. Also sometimes especially during early morning or while getting up after sitting longtime ankle pain also coming. What could be the reason? I don' t have any diabetics, bp etc
I have got a partial tear in Anterior Cruciate Ligament. I want to know whether running or skipping or any gym exercises effect my leg or what?
I am 27 year old female, I have a pain in chest and back, and I got my e. C. G done and e. C. O as well. And the reports are fine. I am confused?
I has severe back pain for last 30 days. I do not do heavy works. I am working in an office. What will be the reasons?
I am having very seriously injured by a bike few months ago in that my hand was injured partly but the pain is coming now.what can i do?
I have meet with an accident and have a fracture in my leg and I have a lots of pain right now. What should I do.
I am 58 years old man, I have backpain during last three years I took diclofenac sodium pills, now a days after taking the tab also pain is there, which medicine I have to take.
I am suffering from shoulder pain since 5 years back. I consult with orthopaedic. They advice me to do exercise & take calcium tablets. For last six months I follow their advice but yet not get relieved. Please advise.
its been more than 1.5 years now and we could not see much relief for her and her knee and back pains. She was facing this problem since she was 32 but was at minor stage but now its very hard for her to walk and sit in one position for more than 5 to 10 minutes. So we are now looking for some solution to her problems.
I am having back pain from long time. I was in 10/std when I fall from. Stair case. I am havinfg frequent back painfor that I take medicine dolo as suggested by doctor. Is it ok to take such medicines?
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder in which the body recognizes the body's own system as foreign and produces an inflammatory reaction. The synovium which is the space between the bones and the joints and contains a lubricating fluid which allows easy movement of the joints.
Inflammation of this space leads to painful, swollen joints that can also turn red and become stiff over a period of time. The joint surfaces can gradually progresses to produce deformities (the swan-neck deformity of the hand for instance) and disability.
Because it is an autoimmune disorder, the exact etiology is not known but lifestyle, stress, cold weather are supposedly predisposing factors. That being the case, it is not surprising that Ayurveda has a variety of options, both in terms of do's and don't's to manage rheumatoid arthritis - both the severity of symptoms and further progression of the disease.
Do's: A well-planned diet will help by supporting optimal functioning of the immune system and nourish the affected joints.
- People diagnosed with RA should follow a diet that is rich in fruits and vegetables. Drumsticks, bitter gourd, carrot, papaya, green leafy vegetables, cabbage, etc., reduce inflammation and hyperactivity of the immune system. The antioxidant properties in these neutralize the free radicals circulating in the body (responsible for increasing inflammation). This helps control the longstanding inflammation of the joints
- It is also advisable to eat them as whole fruits and not as juices. The fiber in the whole fruits helps digestion
- Sprinkle pepper powder over cooling food items like cucumber and radish
- Include garlic which is an excellent remedy for RA, can be mixed with buttermilk
- Whole grains such as wheat, brown rice, millet, barley are beneficial for RA, their high fiber content helps in proper digestion and promotes regular bowel movements
- Honey mixed with water
- Drink boiled milk to which dry ginger powder is added; this can replace tea and coffee
- Milk mixed with turmeric powder is also helpful in controlling inflammation
- Work at reducing weight
Don'ts: In addition to adding the above to your diet, there are some things to avoid, which can worsen symptoms of inflammation.
- Avoid overall unhealthy and irregular diet habits which affects the immune system and aggravates symptoms
- Avoid sleeping during daytime and staying awake at nights
- Avoid deep fried foods and fermented food items
- Given its autoimmune nature, it is better to avoid regular allergy-inducing foods like dairy products, soy, peanuts, processed foods, artificial additives, etc. These could trigger an enhanced allergic reaction.
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco
- Avoid tea and coffee and other caffeinated drinks