Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kunal DoshiYour feedback matters!
I am 25 if I will apply braces at this point of time will it changes or enhances my jaw line or will not make any difference to it. Jaw line at present is not visible and chiseled. Weight is 76.
I'm suffering from toothache from last 2 days .The tooth gum has swollen a bit ,how can the extra gum be removed.
On occasionally my gums of the teeth is bleeding. Could you please let us know what precautions need to be taken for stopping the bleed from my gums.
What is multiple teeth disorder? One of my friend having this problem. He has 25 more teeth under his gummy. What is the treatment for this problem? How his has to maintain?
I have weak gums and I can see lower front teeth through the gums and due to this sensitivity issues also occur. What is the best way to get the gums back in shape? I brush my teeth two times regularly.
Sir I have a teeth problem. When I eat some fruit like apple. There is blood came. And I feel much pain. What can I do?
Hello sir. I have some problem, my teeth is painful and I'm not done perfectly my dinner, and breakfast so please suggest me. What can I do for this complicated.
Recently I had teeth problem. My jaw was blooding after eating something hard. I was using some medicine from medical but still result is same blood not stopping. Please suggest some medicine or doctor specialist.
HIV is a systemic disease which affects all parts of the body. The oral cavity also has some tell-tale symptoms which indicate HIV / AIDS. A careful examination and detailed history of symptoms is essential. In some cases, the oral manifestations could be the area where HIV is suspected. This can help in reducing morbidity and improves prognosis. The oral lesions that occur in HIV patients can vary and differ significantly in children and adults. While there are a variety of oral lesions in HIV-infected individuals, listed below are some common infections seen in HIV patients. These are a combination of fungal, viral and bacterial infections.
- Candidiasis: Candida is an opportunistic fungus that is normally present in the oral cavity and with reduced immunity of HIV, recurrent bouts of the infection begins to show up. It can be in the form of regular thrush which is whitish and cannot be scraped off (pseudomembranous candidiasis), hyperplastic candidiasis (white patches which can be scraped off) or erythematous (reddish patches). Candida can involve any part of the oral mucosa including the pharynx and the palate.
- Herpes Simplex: This is the most common viral infection seen in patients with HIV/AIDS. There could be primary or secondary infection of herpes virus, especially inside the mouth and the vermillion border of the lips.
- Herpes zoster: This virus, when already present in the body, can be reactivated with HIV/AIDS and with oral herpes. The distinction with herpes simplex is from their distribution. These are unilateral, along the distribution of the maxillary or mandibular nerve. The lesions appear both on the facial skin and the oral mucosa. While the facial ones break open and form crusts, the mucosal ones coalesce to form larger lesions.
- Hairy Leukoplakia: This is present in about 20% of asymptomatic HIV patients. Onset of hairy leukoplakia is an indication of rapid progression of HIV with increased CD4 counts. The typical lesion is a non-movable, hairy lesion along the side of the tongue and can spread to the top and the undersurface of the tongue. There are large amounts of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) identified from biopsies of hairy leukoplakia.
- Cytomegalovirus: If the ulcers have a necrotic base with a halo surrounding it, it is CMV infection, usually seen on any oral mucosal surface.
- Periodontal disease: This is one of the bacterial infections that manifests itself in HIV patients. It can take two forms such as Linear Gingival Erythema (LGE) which can subsequently lead to Necrotizing Ulcerative Periodontitis (NUP). The oral hygiene is generally good with minimal plaque and there is rapid bone loss and soft tissue reddening and swelling. The, mouth, therefore is certainly a window to one’s health.
Diagnosing HIV with Western Blot Test-
It is a series of blood screenings are performed to test for HIV. The enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), also known as an enzyme immunoassay (EIA), is the first test that your healthcare provider will order to screen for HIV. ELISA, like the Western blot test, detects HIV antibodies in your blood. Antibodies are proteins your immune system produces in response to the presence of foreign substances, such as viruses. If you test positive for HIV on the ELISA test, your provider will order the Western blot test to confirm HIV infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi, I have severe pain in my teeth n dentist told that it's an infection, please suggest some tablet so that the pain is relieved.
Sir mere papa ke rightside jabade par sunnahat rahati h aur kabhi kabhi dard b hota h jiski tees kan tak marti h tatha kabi kabi to pure chehare par chunchunahat marti h ye samsya unko pichhale teen char mahine se h. Jiske liye humne unhe cancer specialist ko dikhaya tha to un k mutabik cancer ki sikayat nahi h aur unki medicine b karib do mahine kahai h fir uske bad humne unhe dentist and maxillofacial mds ko dikhaya to unhone nas ki problem batayi h aur bola h ki iske liye apko course k mutabik lambe smay tak medicine leni padegi lakin us se b aram nahi mil raha h. Isliye sir aap batayen ki hum kis tarah k doctors k pas dikhayen plz.
I have gingivitis problem and yellow teeth. What should I do cure my gingivitis and get white teeth?
With today’s advances, you don’t have to suffer from missing teeth. Here are some options to replace a lost tooth or teeth:
Bridges. Anchored to your adjacent teeth, these can be removable or fixed, depending on your mouth, your dentist’s recommendation and your needs.
Dentures. An option if you’ve lost all or most of your teeth.
Implants. Most similar to a natural tooth.
Talk to your dentist about which option is best for you.