Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 32 years old, planning my pregnancy. I have a 26 to 28 days menstruation cycle and last month I got my periods on my 35th day. I thought I was pregnant but I had been to a party and had indigestion after which I started to vomit. As my vomiting started, my periods also started. Is it that I had miscarriage? After my periods that is after 5 days, on my 7th day I had intercourse and and today is the 11th day of my cycle, I am feeling mild pain in my lower abdomen mainly towards the right side. I am also feeling breathlessness and a feeling of discomfort. What is it? Is it a concern?
Have menses problem since 2014. Done with an ultrasound and the reports said I m suffering from PCOD.
Me and my wife r happily married couple in feb 2016. We had protected sex for last one year and now planning for baby this year. My wife had a regular menstrual cycle of 28 -29 days. And had her periods on 20 feb this month. Please suggest me all precautions to take and the days after menses on which we should have sex for pregnancy and the positions needed thanks in advance.
Hi I am 35 years old. I have only one ovary .will I conceive? Should I seek advice of gynaecologist or should I wait and see. Pls tell what to do.
Over the years my period days have reduced from 5 days to 1.5 days. I got married 2 years back. Not wanting to get pregnant started taking pills in consultation with gynac. But within no time face was full of acne. So discontinued pills. Is it normal to have 1.5 days of medium bleeding with periods almost every time regular?
Hi we had a unprotected sex and taken unwanted 72 within 5 hr, but he's period got delayed almost 8 days, and she didn't feel lke any bleeding aftr taking the tablet, and she feel lke vomiting sensation aftr 4 days, is it she is pregnant?
My friend marriage is on 17 feb and her periods date is on 19 feb. During these days she got pimples also and severe stomach pain, is there any tablet or treatment by which we can get periods earlier. Please rply as soon as possible.
I am there, I hv 1yr 8 months old daughter. I want to stop breastfeeding. Can you suggest me some tips.
I am married, trying for baby 2 years but no luck. My life have initially irregular periods and PCOs and get cured now. We have checked my sperms count and motility and everything is good. Also her egg ruptures study also done without any pills it is getting done. Still we are struggling to get that. I am just thinking few things like in my part. In my penis, tip of bottom side skin is still attached with path of urinal way. I hope you can get my question. But i am getting full erection and size almost 6 inches during the sexual intercourse releasing enough sperms. This is just my thought. Please help me understand is that fine or we need to do something for that.
Cervical spondylosis is a disorder that affects the joints and disc around the cervical region or neck. Earlier, it was believed that spondylosis can occur in old people only and is an age-related disorder. However, it is not true nowadays. Today, even youngsters complain of pain in the neck region due to cervical spondylosis. It occurs mostly to people who spend longer hours sitting and working on the computer. It is caused due to damage of cartilage and bones in this region. Symptoms of cervical spondylosis include chronic pain and stiffness around the neck.
Causes for Cervical Spondylosis:
A number of factors can be responsible for cervical spondylosis. Following are the common causes for the disorder:
- Overgrowth of Bones in the Neck Region: This can hamper the sensitive areas around the spine.
- Drying of Fluid: The spinal bone is made up of disc-like structures. There is fluid present in between the disks. Spondylosis is often caused due to the drying up of this fluid.
- Herinated Disks: In some cases, cracks get developed on the disks. This causes leakage of fluid in between them. Consequently, the nerves in this region get damaged.
- Injury: If you have had an injury to your neck, such as during a fall or car accident, this can accelerate the aging process.
Homeopathic Medicines to Cure Cervical Spondylosis:
There are homeopathic medicines, which can cure cervical spondylosis over a period of time. However, the dosage of these medicines must be administered properly to get rid of the disorder. Some of these useful medicines have been listed below:
- Conium: This medicine is prescribed for patients suffering from vertigo. If a patient feels pain or vertigo while turning the head sideways or lying down on bed, this medicine can prove helpful. Other symptoms that should be taken into account while prescribing this drug include feeling of tightness in the temporal region and pain in occipital area.
- Gelsemium: If the pain in the neck region extends to the back of the head, one may be given doses of Gelsemium. The patient complains of having the pain at the centre of the occipital region. Besides, the patient will feel inactive, dull and dizzy most of the times.
- Kalmia Latifolia: This is given when the pain spreads upto the arm region and fingers. The pain can also be felt around the shoulder blades. The patient suffers from frequent nausea. The pain increases when the patient tries to look down.
- Silicea: When the pain is felt on eyes or forehead, this medicine is prescribed. It is also useful in treating spine curvature. These patients cannot adjust with cold weather. They feel chilly most of the times. The get quick relief by warm fomentation.
- Calcarea Phos: This is useful for treating patients who have developed spondylosis due to the overgrowth of bones in the cervical region or bone spurs.
All of us have our 'good hours' and 'bad hours' each day. While there are the night owls, who are more productive and ideating in the late night hours, there are others who like to be the early bird that literally catches the worm. For both these categories, there are again hours where the energy wanes. Did you know there are some simple techniques that can help to maintain consistent levels of energy throughout the day?
As much as possible, try and maintain a regular routine in terms of waking up, eating at the same hours as closely as possible, and retiring for the day. The biological clock or circadian rhythm needs to be maintained as much as possible if high productivity is desired. Here are some things that can be completely and easily controlled to keep your energy levels steady through the day.
- Sleep patterns: Be it going to bed or waking up, try and maintain a pattern that does not vary too much, at least not drastically. After waking up, a good dose of light in the morning is very helpful. If your work requires you to sleep during the day, ensure you get up into a room that is well and brightly lit.
- Exercise: Whether is it Saturday or cloudy, a 30 minute workout does magic like nothing else. Get outdoors and be it a walk or a run, cycling or swimming, you will see nothing else boosts your energy as well as this.
- Nutrition: Reduced carbohydrates, a good dose of protein, ample hydration, adequate fiber intake, and good quantity of dry fruits are somethings to definitely follow. Start with a good breakfast that can boost your energy requirements for the day and eat less as the day goes by.
- Caffeine: One of the most pleasant experience is to wake up to have a refreshing cup of coffee. While it sounds exotic, the body benefits more if this caffeine is provided sometime later in the day when the energy levels are low.
- Alcohol: For many, alcohol could be a way of stress busting, but if scientifically looked at, alcohol reduces the quality of sleep and leaves you feeling unrested. It also leaves one tired and irritated. If possible, the alcohol intake should be at least 2 hours before bedtime.
- Power naps: Highly proven technique, where possible, a power nap of 15 minutes is believed to boost up energy levels significantly.
These are some methods to boost your energy levels. Most of it something completely controllable and changeable by you, all it requires is a conscious effort from you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Hi m 21 years and got my period on 1st nov 2016 and today 4th nov being 4th day of my cycle I would like to ask can I have protected sex (condom) after my periods is it safe? And also I wanna ask bout ipill I read it somewhere that's it's safe fr women between between 25 and above and m 21 years will it effect my health? And is it necessary to take an pill after having protected sex coz pills do have side effects on body nad this is not my first tym of having sex before also I had taken pills after protected sex but m concerned regarding it's effects in long run please help me with my query ty.
I am 8 months pregnant. And now having difficulty in passing urine because all time i feel that i need to go for loo. Even during night i go for loo around 5-6 times. I cant even stand for more than 15-20 minutes due to the pressure on bladder.And my baby moves a lot in womb.But my doctor said my baby is weak. What are the reasons behind it? Kindly suggest. Thanks.
My sister is carrying. She is now in 4th month and will be going to deliver twins. We came to know that she is suffering from thyroid. Doctors are saying that it is common that this disease will trigger during pregnancy and will be automatically cured after delivery. Is this correct? Do we need to take extra care? Will this be a problem for babies?
I am 22 year old girl. I was having severe acne, hirsutism, hair thinning and loss, and fatigue since lot of time. On consultation with a gynaec, in my blood test reports I got high dhea, testosterone free and dhea-s. She said I don't have pcos on doing the test, but recommended a course of Dianne -35 among anti biotic, and so did the dermatologist. I took Dianne 35 for 7 months and still the symptoms came back. I also get excess white discharge, fatigue, and weird impulses. Are there any other ways of reducing dhea, and solving acne, fatigue, hair problems, and hirsutism permanently?
2) You should get motion (natural call) immediately after you wake up.
3) You should get optimum evacuation of your bowel - once, in early morning. This is the proper period for motion.
I was told I have subserosa fibroid and cyst 4 years ago. I had an operation to remove fibroid a year ago after it reached 5 cm but cyst disappeared on its own. Few months ago I ws diagnosed with PCOS. Apart from pain during menstruation and ovulation I do not have any pCOS symptoms like unwanted hair but I have gained around 7 kgs since operation. So does gaining weight have to do with operation or the PCOS because I can feel like a round ball shaped around my pelvic which made the doctor think I was pregnant and I have not changed my diet and can PCOS be cured or disappear itself. And with fibroid, PCOS,cyst does it mean I might have hormonal imbalance? I have never conceived.
PCOD or Polycystic Ovary disease is one of the most common hormonal disorders faced by women today. The trigger for PCOD varies from person to person, and can range from poor diet and stress to fluctuating insulin and hormonal disturbances. PCOD patients have an enlarged ovary with a number of small follicular cysts. If you or a loved one has PCOD, here are a few things you should know.
Acknowledge the symptoms
PCOD is hard to diagnose. Some of its symptoms are irregular periods, high insulin levels, abnormal hair growth, low thyroid, acne, obesity and high blood pressure. Checkups at regular intervals are needed to confirm a PCOD.
A change in lifestyle is the best form of medication
Medication for PCOD addresses its symptoms. For example, you could take medication to correct Insulin resistance or pills to control acne and hair growth. However, a lifestyle change in the form of a well balanced diet and regular exercise is essential for PCOD patients. In terms of diet, PCOD sufferers should have lesser carbohydrates and sugars, and increased amounts of fiber and protein. Exercise helps control weight and the balance between male and female hormones. PCOD patients also need to find ways to lower their stress levels. Yoga and meditation can be very helpful to this effect. Without this, no medication will be effective.
If left untreated PCOD can lead to many other problems
Diagnosing PCOD is difficult and even when diagnosed, regular checkups are essential for PCOD. When left unchecked, PCOD can lead to many more problems such as diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and even endometrial cancer. PCOD can also result in difficulties at the time of conception and lead to miscarriages if not treated properly.
You can have a baby even if you have PCOD
A PCOD diagnosis can make it hard to get pregnant, but does not limit your ability to conceive a healthy baby. If the patient has fertility problems because of PCOD, doctors often prescribe treatments to stimulate the ovaries into producing more eggs. Women with PCOD are often recommended to plan an early pregnancy, as advancing age adds to the limited capacity of the ovaries.
Lastly, know that you aren't alone and PCOD should not embarrass you. Instead of bottling up your feelings and thoughts, find supportive friends and family members that you can talk to. You can also find support online through a number of discussion forums.