Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KumarYour feedback matters!
I have swelling in my vagina which is itchy and feels dryness there and while having sex it burns and feels itchy too.
Hiii doctor my na! e is sunithaI had sex 2 month before At 1st month I got my period but 2nd month now it is missing Iam a pregnant?
female, 42 yrs, 2 sons, 13 and 7yrs, I have been diagnosed as having fibroids, I need suggestions, as my gynaec told me to go for surgery.
Hie. Recently me and my girlfriend had some sort of sex. I didn't put my part in her. But I just rubbed for 1 to 2 sec. I didn't split on her. Does she would become pregnant. It's been a week that we had done this we didn't use any pill. How do we know if she pregnant or not and what are the symptoms and when do we use test machine please answer this we are feeling so much tensed.
Dates were first discovered in 6000 BC in Iraq. Later it travelled throughout the world. Today, dates are found in over 30 varieties in a dry, soft and semi-dry state. This is one of the sweetest fruits found across the globe. They were first known to have healing power.
Later scientists discovered an array of benefits associated with this fruit. Following are the reasons you must eat them:
1. Cholesterol: Dates are known to be a good agent for reducing cholesterol. They have the ability to absorb LDL and increase the level of HDL in the body. Owing to their low fat quantity, they can be consumed in higher quantities without the apprehension of putting on weight.
2. Nervous System: Owing to its high potassium and low sodium content, dates are considered as a wonderful agent for balancing the nervous system. Potassium keeps the risk of heart attack at bay and helps to maintain a smooth blood flow.
3. Digestion: Dates are suggested to be soaked in water and consumed every day for better digestion. People suffering from constipation can get huge relief by consuming 2 dates empty stomach on a regular basis.
4. Weight gain: Dates are extremely flexible in nature. They can help to gain weight owing to their vitamin, sugar and protein content. Dates when consumed with cucumber help to keep weight at the normal level.
5. Improve skin: Dates have multiple good effects on the skin. This, vitamin C and D rich fruit can increase the elasticity and add a glow to your skin. Dates are also an anti-aging agent and do not let melanin accumulate inside the upper layer of the skin. People with dry skin can get it resolved with daily consumption of dates.
6. Bone health: Dates contain essential ingredients such as magnesium, iron, selenium, potassium and manganese. These are all vital components of the bone and joint health. Consuming 3-4 dates per day can ensure a healthy bone. People suffering from arthritis are sure to benefit from this fruit.
7. Hangover fixation: Dates are known to curb inebriation and cure hangover. In order to best use its effect, few dates need to be soaked in water overnight and the outer skin of the dates has to be peeled before consumption.
8. A rich source of vitamin: Dates are a rich source of a number of vitamins that are essential for the body. Apart from B1, B2, B3 and B5, they contain vitamin C and A1. Consuming 3 to 5 dates on a regular basis can not only increase the energy level of a person, but also maintain the overall vitamin rate of the body at the accepted level. Dates are pretty filling in nature owing to their glucose and fructose content. As such they can be consumed as part of the evening snack.
I am 19 years old. I missed my period for 20 days. When I am realising my stool I am having dull pain my left butt cheek My sex thoughts driving me grazy. I am getting wet 3 times a day due to these thoughts. I am to weak. Please help me.
Helo Dr. Mere periods dealy ho rhe hai last 1 year se periods circul thik krne ke liye muje kya krna hoga?
HIV testing in pregnancy should be done early so as standard care can be taken for the pregnant women. The HIV testing must be repeated in the third trimester, usually before 36 weeks of gestation. This should be done in women with HIV seronegative and also in pregnant women who are at a high risk of developing HIV infection.
Expedited HIV tests should be performed at the time of delivery and labor and this is a must in women who have not been documented for HIV. The results of the test should be available within an hour of the test and the testing should be available 24 hours. In case the results are positive then, infant postnatal antiretroviral and intrapartum drug prophylaxis should be started immediately.
Women who have not been able to get tested for HIV at the time of labor and delivery are suggested expedited screening for HIV. Their screening can be done immediately postpartum or their babies should undergo screening. In case the infant and mother, both are positive, then infant antiretroviral drug prophylaxis should be started immediately. These mothers should avoid breastfeeding their babies, until the supplemental HIV tests are negative. In infants with positive HIV, prophylaxis should be discontinued and antiretroviral drug therapy should be started.
In case of acute HIV infection during pregnancy, that is in the intrapartum period, or during breastfeeding, initial testing can be performed with an antigen/antibody combination immunoassay. If the supplemental test is negative, then an additional test which is the virologic test (DNA, RNA) are necessary for the diagnosis of the HIV infection. If the mother is HIV positive, then this information must be documented in the infant's medical record and also communicated to the infant's care provider.
The knowledge of an antenatal maternal HIV infection allows the:
- Women with HIV infection to get the correct antiretroviral therapy along with prophylaxis for the infections, which might occur due to the immunocompromised state of the body. This also prevents and decreases the risk of transmission to their partners.
- When there is provision for antiretroviral therapy for the mother during pregnancy and labor along with antiretroviral drug prophylaxis for the baby there is less risk of perinatal transmission of the HIV.
- The HIV-infected women should be counseled for a cesarean delivery. The option of an elective cesarean reduces the perinatal transmission of the HIV.
- The HIV women should be counseled about the risk of breastfeeding. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am getting married soon. But me and my husband think we should avoid pregnancy for 1 year. Can you suggest us precautions for avoid pregnancy. Please do the needful.
My wife has itching problem near vaginal areas always, but it worsen during summer. She gets more itching after sex. Please suggest cure.
Can I ask if the person who have a false-positive RPR or VDRL screening test wth a titer 1: 1 and a TPHA negative theres a possibility that on a next laboratory will shown non-reactive in RPR/VDRL?
Hello sir. Mujhy periods mai bht zayda pain hoty hai. Sir mjhy pain bardash nai hoti hai. Please sir suggest me some medicine which has no side effects.
Hello mam my last lmp is 8 march I am 8 week pregnant. Today my ultrasound is empty. No baby show. But I had check pregnancy is positive. And my hcg level is increase but very slow ist hcg 133.76 and 2nd is 28th april is 278 and 3rd is 2 may is 327. I am very tense please suggest me. What can I do.
Hi I always have my periods 7 days late. But now it s been 12 days still I didn' t get. I did pregnancy test result is negative. Any suggestions
I'm 46 years of age. I got myself chek up recently at CMC. The doc says im going thru perimenopause. Depression. Anxiety. Weight gain. I m bloated due to water retention. Medicines given to me r Daxid 50 mg Dytor-5 Petril-MD 0.25 please help me im also a hypothyroid patient but it is under control. Free T4 18.0 fast g sugar is 87 mg.
Does astagen f helps in early pregnancy, why is it prescribed, is it opted during the treatment of infertility?
Infertility is defined as not being able to become pregnant after a year of trying—or after six months, if you are 35 or older . And it’s not just a woman’s problem. One-third of infertility cases are due to male-only problems, one-third to female-only problems, and the final one-third to a mix of male and female problems or unknown problems
What Causes Infertility?
To become pregnant, many steps in the reproductive process have to be precisely aligned:
A woman’s ovary must release an egg (ovulation).
The egg must then travel through the fallopian tube toward the uterus, which is also called the womb.
A man’s sperm must be in the woman’s body during this specific time. It must also meet and join with (fertilize) the egg as it is traveling through the fallopian tubes.
The fertilized egg must then reach the uterus.
At the uterus, it must push its way inside and implant itself (implantation).
If there is a problem with any of these steps, infertility can occur.
Infertility in Women
Female infertility is most often caused by problems in ovulation—marked by irregular or absent periods. These problems may be related to hormonal disorders, such as polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), or primary ovarian insufficiency (POI), when a woman’s ovaries stop working before age 40.
Other causes include:
uterine fibroids, benign growths that can keep fertilized eggs from implanting properly in the uterine lining
scar tissue after surgery
blocked or scarred fallopian tubes, due to infection or endometriosis
Endometriosis is an often painful condition in which the uterine tissue that is supposed to line the inside of your uterus begins to grow outside the uterus, causing it to become trapped as it has no place to go (uterine tissue inside the uterus is shed each month during the menstrual cycle). The surrounding body tissues become inflamed, and scar tissue may form—sometimes inside the fallopian tubes.
Infertility in Men
Problems with sperm production and delivery, low sperm count, and low motility (the ability of sperm to swim and fertilize the egg) can all affect male fertility.
Varicocele is a disorder where the veins servicing a man’s testicles have incompetent or leaky valves. The backflow of blood can enlarge the blood vessels and can raise the temperature of the testicles causing a low sperm count or abnormal sperm. Testicles are generally slightly below the core body temperature.
Other lifestyle choices can impair healthy egg and sperm production, including:
heavy alcohol use
being overweight or underweight
an excessive amount of exercise
In men, environmental toxins, such as pesticides, and high temperatures (for example, in hot tubs) have also been shown to affect sperm count.