Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KulkarniYour feedback matters!
Dear sir mujhe cough ki problem h. Gharelu upchar bhi bahut karta hu . Jese ki (haldi wala dudh, honey ginger, honey dhalchini, cough syraf, rum,) lekin 1-2 din aaram milta h jyada fayeda nahi mil raha h mujhe kya karna chahiye.
I am having dry cough from last three months. I consult many docs but they tell me dat m having throat energy. What should I do for permanent relief.
Sir I am abdomen tb patient. Meri ATT treatment 2 month se chal rhi h.sir mujhe kan se fruits ko apni diet me shamil krni chahiye please advise. Should I take Banana in my diet?
Understanding what causes COPD and what are the signs that a person might be suffering from it.
Clinical diagnosis of COPD is usually made by presence of symptoms that is cough, sputum production, breathlessness and spirometry. Assessment of COPD is also made by spirometry and rate of excess exacerbation. With each exacerbation there is increased breathlessness, increase in the sputum production, increase in cough, there is sputum may be dark in color which shows infection. For each excess exacerbation there is permanent damage of a lung and severity of the COPD may increase.
Treatment of COPD is by pharmacotherapy which aims to control the symptoms of the patient and prevent exacerbation. If you prevent the exacerbation then the patient health improves and prevent further damage to the lungs. If a patient is Breathless on walking at ground level, then the patient may be helped by rehabilitation and by increasing the day to day activities. Exacerbation can be prevented by adult vaccination that is vaccination for non invasive pneumococcal infection and flu vaccination. This disease is gradually progressive. Symptoms can be controlled with pharmacotherapy. But the disease cannot be cured. The main aim of the diseases to prevent and to prevent is hundred percent. If one avoid smoking, exposure to occupational gases and inter Biomass exposure. Patient of COPD should consult a chest physician or respiratory physician.
If you want to talk to me you can talk to me via Lybrate.
Please tell me when tuberculinum (homoeopathic medicine) prescribed by doctor. I am suffering from sinusitis for 10 years.
Hello sir my name is a man and I am from sirsa, I am having cough and sneezing from last many years, I don't know why I am suffering from this kind of allergy, I need your help in any way if you can, thank you sir.
Well its one problem that peeves me a lot and I hate it for anything! its dry cough n lot of mucus or liquid constantly flowing thourgh my nosetrills n even my throat when I cough litlle hard. And now if there is any respectable doctor who could help me get rid of this bullshit please? i've tried steams soups n I don't know what else but this is something not leaving my body.
You must not let the cold and dry air worsen your asthma symptoms. The air that blows during winter time greatly affects people with sinus and respiratory troubles, and all these factors contribute towards worsening asthma attacks. But thankfully, there are a few tips that can be followed to curb down asthma and enjoy a lovely winter.
- Washing your hands: Doing this frequently with soap and water is one of the easiest and most effective ways of avoiding the spread of cold and other diseases. You must also inculcate this habit among your children, and when you are outside, you should practice using a hand sanitiser and sanitising wipes.
- Getting a flu shot: The Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) advises that all people over the age of 6 months should get their dose of the annual flu shot for protecting themselves against the flu virus. This will help keep your asthma in check.
- Avoid sitting by the fireplace: Though it sounds cozy, you should refrain from sitting by the fireside if you have asthma. Burning wood is quite similar to burning tobacco and it can irritate your lungs to a great extent.
- Keeping your mouth closed: Though most people are taught this since they were children, they tend to forget it or ignore it. Keeping the mouth opened is more than a social disgrace, and it even affects your lungs adversely. You can wear a scarf for covering up the nose and mouth as it would help in making the air you breathe warm.
- Replacing filters: The heating system of your home may be blowing out dust and debris throughout the house, particularly when you operate it after a long time in winter. Therefore, it is imperative to clean and check the condition of the filters and replace it if necessary.
- Exercising indoors: The days when it is bitterly cold outside, it is recommended to exercise indoors in a fitness club or a gym instead of a doing it in the open air.
- Warming up before exercising: People who are affected with asthma are able to recover faster and have a greater lung function after working out when they are warmed up. Therefore, you should try to warm up for at least 15 minutes before exercising.
- Preventing asthma flares: Before you head outside, take a dose of your asthma medication and your inhaler as these will help in opening the airways and give you the necessary protection.
- Having an asthma action plan: Regardless of whether it is summer or winter, you should be aware of what you should be doing in times when the symptoms flare-up.
- Taking your medications: Finally, you should work with your doctor towards understanding the cause and symptoms of your asthma conditions and follow his recommendations closely to avoid recurrence of such problems.
With all these tips, you can expect to spend a happy winter. But if anything goes wrong, seek medical assistance immediately.