Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Kulin KothariYour feedback matters!
I am 28 years old I take care of my hair good but I have some grey hairs I apply everyday oil at night on my hair and wash it in morning. There are so many hair oil available in market so can you advise which hair oil and shampoo is best for everyday use which stops my hair getting grey and I can freely wash my hair everyday.
How much time to cure dry eyes? I feel my eye is tired when I go to direct sunlight, reading etc. My eye feel tired and one is like come out slightly.
Sir I am 16 years old. I am suffering myopia. Can I get rid of it without any operation normally by physical process.
Cataract can be defined as the clouding of the natural lenses in the eyes. This is caused by the clumping of protein in the eye lens. Cataract is a common eye disorder and the leading cause of loss of vision in people who are past their fortieth birthday. Cataract can occur in one or both eyes. When diagnosed properly, cataract can be treated with surgery to prevent blindness.
Depending on where and how they develop, there are many types of cataract. The most common amongst these are:
- Subcapsular cataract: These occur at the back of the eye lens. Diabetic patients are very susceptible to this kind of cataract.
- Nuclear cataract: Yellowish-brown cataract that form in the center of the lens are called nuclear cataract. This is usually seen in cataract caused by ageing.
- Cortical cataract: Cataract in the lens cortex are known as cortical cataract. These are wedge shaped and whitish in color. Spokes protruding out of these opaque wedges can be seen moving towards the center of the eye.
- Congenital cataract: Though they are not common, babies can also have cataract. Cataract formed at birth or within the first year of a baby's birth are known as congenital cataract.
- Secondary cataract: Cataract is one of the known side effects of diabetes and glaucoma. Some steroids and medicines are also linked to cataract.
- Traumatic cataract: If your vision becomes cloudy years after an eye injury, it could be a traumatic cataract. It can take several years for this to happen.
- Radiation cataract: Exposure to radiation can also lead to cataract. This is seen sometimes in patients who have undergone radiation therapy to fight diseases like cancer.
Though the type of cataract might differ from person to person, the symptoms are usually the same. Some of the common symptoms of cataract are:
- Blurred vision
- Reduced night vision
- Increased sensitivity to light and glare
- Seeing halos around lights
- Colors appearing faded
- Double vision
- Frequent change in (glass power) refraction
A reading test is the first step towards diagnosing cataracts. This is followed by tests to measure the eye pressure. Your doctor will also need to dilate the pupil to check the condition of the optic nerves and retina.
Surgery is the safest way to remove a cataract. Surgery is usually recommended when cataract begin inhibiting your daily life such as preventing you from driving, interfering with reading etc.
In most cases, this can be done as an outpatient procedure. The earlier it is diagnosed, the easier it is to treat. Hence, if you notice any of the symptoms mentioned above, get your eyes checked at once. The surgery is a day-care surgery only, so a person can go home the same day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
I HAVE problems in my eye. In study time my irritate and so feel painful water are also come out from my eyes.
Hello doctor, My age is 21yrs and I have eyebags as well as eye puffiness and dark circles too please help me which treatment should I go for in any cosmetologist treatment?
I am 43 years old I want to ask a question that I have a problem of acidity and constipation very much and eye sight becomes very weak.
I am having basic myopia and having problem selecting the right number for the glasses. Help selecting any good treatment please?
I have a severe headache and my eyes are paining from a long ago can you give me a suggestion for the decrease of my eyesight and headache.
Are You a Good Candidate for LASIK?
First and foremost you should dislike the options of spectacles and contact lenses. It then means that you are well motivated.
Your age should be above 18 years and your spectacle power should be stable over past one year. Lasik works well for powers from about -10.0 to +6.0 including cylindrical power.
Certain tests will done to confirm you have suitable corneal curvature (topography), and that you have adequate corneal thickness (pachymetry)
You should have realistic expectations from the procedure this means you should expect significantly reduced dependence on spectacles and not an exact zero power.
If you satisfy above criteria and clear a routine eye examination you should be an ideal candidate for lasik!