Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Kshitija DongrikarYour feedback matters!
I have so many problems with my life and I just want to go crazy it's hard to live with stress and anxiety and homework hard.
Hello there, my problem is I amnot be able to hold my concentration on my studies fir longer duration. After start studying, my brain tries to get involve in understanding whats there in the study topic bt suddenly my concentration breaks and this way so much time I use to waste indirectly. Help me please. My Ph. D fellowship xms are coming this december.
I am 29 year old. Feeling depressed. Unable to concentrate. Every one say pls grow up your mind is like a child. That's why I avoid interactions with people. There are various problems with me such as negative thoughts, having accident or killed my self, decision making, time management or giving priorities to work at home or work place, driving skills, day dream of superhero or heroism, mood swing, low confidence, remembering things facts figures, feeling fear making friends and calculation problem etc, Today I gone through with ADHD and bipolar disorder, I read it and I found symptoms in me. Pls suggest a good doctor near Akshardham Mandir Delhi. I want to live a happy and positive life.
I am addicted of smoking and drinking. I want to leave it but I can't able. Give some ideas about how to leave smoking and drinking?
I'm sixteen years old and I have severe depression because pressure of studies and financial problems at home give me some remedy to cure my depression.
I am gay I wanna excite my straight friend to be have wild n hard Sex with me tonight I want good relationship with him please suggest me any medicine.
Hello Mam I am a susceptible man of 21. And I tend to worry a lot over miniscule mistakes and I am very much confused and afraid about my future at this point I neither know what my core problem is I allow people to hurt ,use, and even dominate me Everytime I meet with failures my confidence and my life hits Rock bottom. Most of the times I feel lonely and useless. And most of all I am shy and very much afraid to mingle with people Which is the core reason to me being lonely Please tell me how can I control myself and be strong and positive.
He is having anxiety attack sometimes recurrent with intervals and that also depends it could months gap or weeks gap or days gap. please guide with proper medication.
Hi I'm very dejected, feeling strength less. Not interested. Not following routine. All this since two years.
Alcohol consumption is a common tool which is generally used by people in order to relax, calm down or temporarily change the way they think. People often use it also to hide their depression or anxiety or other such mental conditions. Alcohol can temporarily boost your mood, but along with that, it can also give you long term mental problems. Some of the common effects of alcohol on your mental state are enlisted below.
- Has an impact on your brain chemistry - The human brain functions on the basis of the balance of various kinds of chemicals excreted by the brain. Alcohol, if consumed in large amounts frequently can turn out to be a depressant and can change the signals that your brain transmits, hence causing undesirable mental effects like anxiousness, depression or aggressiveness.
- Anxiety and stress - People usually tend to take a drink after a hectic day so that they can relax and calm down their minds. But if you are frequently becoming dependent on alcohol to relax your mind, then it can be extremely dangerous. This happens because alcohol tends to interfere with the neurotransmitters in your brain exposing you to developing anxiety and stress.
- Depression - If you are resorting to regular and frequent drinking, then you are also lowering the level of serotonin inside your body. Serotonin is a chemical in your brain that helps to regulate your mood and kill depression-related thoughts and feelings. This depression can also affect your relationships in an adverse manner.
- Memory damage - Alcohol can also affect your memory in more ways than you can imagine. Alcohol consumption generally leads to your brain not recording information on a regular basis. This is the reason why people tend to forget whatever they say or do once they are under the influence of a heavy alcohol dosage.
Hello doc. I M 31 yrs, not happily married lady for 9 years (I think or may be I M ). We live alone because of his job. I don't know what's going on in my life. Ours is a love cum arrange marriage. For some reasons (fear of pain) we haven't have sexual relationship yet. We have a lot n lot n lot of arguments n fights with each other. There is no single moment when we don't argue or fight. He is in railways so remains in Train because of his running duty schedule. He does this so that we have less fights. He drinks a lot. Whenever he is here at home he only drinks n watches TV. I know he has no affair out n he loves me a lot. But he never shows. He abuses me too, shouts on me which I can't bear. Then I also shout n then arguments start. I am also a working lady. On job, I remain happy with my school students n colleague friends. Bt as soon I come home everything changes. We don't spend time with each other at all. We don't talk much except arguments n some daily routine talks like khane me kya banau, Chai banana etc. That's it. I try to save my marriage our relationship but nothing is working out. What should I do I don't know. Fact is this also that we can't live without each other bt we don't live peacefully also. We don't have a normal married life. Consequently, I remain stressed, lost in my thoughts. Suddenly starts crying when I M alone or lost in my thoughts or I watch something emotional on TV or around me. Because we have no kids yet. I hesitate in talking with my parents n other family members as they ask about kids. Which is natural N right on their side. My family n my world has limited to only my school life my work my students. That's it. I want to extend it. I don't know how to make my life natural like other couples. Like discussing about our lives, job future, problems, solutions etc, spend quality time with each other. Which we don't do. Pls suggest what should I do? Pls Help me.
Depression is considered the common cold of all mental health issues and can strike in varying levels due to causes like pressing circumstances, problems in one's personal life and relationships, hormonal changes and other long term, chronic health conditions. Your intimate relationships are also subject to dejection when physical ailments enter the picture. Erectile dysfunction is one such area that creates depression. This is basically a condition that men suffer from. Due to this condition, a man is not able to get and hold an erection long enough to enjoy the act of sex. This can be caused due to related physical problems as well as stress. It can also lead to depression and problems in one's relationship due to anger, frustration, hopelessness and sadness. Here are a few ways to deal with depression caused due to erectile dysfunction.
- Recognising the Symptoms: The very first thing to do is to come out of denial and recognise the symptoms that are caused by this kind of depression. Usually, any long term or chronic problem can lead a person to look at himself or herself as a hopeless case. This can cause symptoms like dejection, a negative attitude towards everything and sudden outbursts of anger and frustration which may crop up in other areas of the patient's life. Since this is an intimate problem that one cannot discuss with everyone, the problem of depression gets all the more challenging. In such cases, the best thing to do is to be aware of the symptoms.
- Getting help: Simply being aware of the symptoms is not enough that is merely the first step. One will need to go ahead and do something about the symptoms. Visiting a sexologist or a sex therapist is the next step. With the help of therapy and discussions, the patient and the doctor can actually reach the root cause of the issue and help in realigning the attitude and thinking of the patient to come out of stress that is creating the issue, or to deal with medical repercussions of the issue in a more stable manner.
- Psychotherapy: One of the foremost methods used by most therapists includes psychotherapy that can help in unravelling the cause and finding a way to cope with the problem in a way that is focussed on discussions.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: This form of therapy examines all aspects of the person's life and reality so as to find the cause of the problematic behaviour and reprogram the brain of patient with great deliberation.
- Antidepressants: While some medications can affect sexual functioning, there are antidepressants that do not have major sexual side effects. Please consult a Psychiatrist and discuss about this option too.
Tackling depression and erectile dysfunction is a matter of striking a fine balance with professional help.
I am 24 year old. My problem is that. I saw any girl or aunty in bus .heavy traffic in bus. I totally disturbed. My mind totally sexy thinking about any ladies in front of me. Upto my destination only sexy thinking to touch her ass or bra. And if I go to any relatives or friends home. I think about my relatives aunty or girl about sex. So I unable to concentrate about my career and other things. Please help me resolve this problem. I am totally addicted to this. I thought many time to leave that but unable to do it. I visited to doctor. They said this problem is for sexual compulsive disorder. They had given me Flunil tablet. I have taken 2 month but after that same problem. I want to the proper solution. No tablet. Please help me.
How to decrease the stress? Now a days I have lot of work in my office, I could not sleep well and getting headache, please help me what can I do?
I am preparing for IAS . But my problem is I can't concentrate more than 3 hrs per day . I am getting diverted please help me.
Even if you try to stay happy always, at times it is hard to keep depression at bay. Being depressed can not only make you feel hopeless, less energetic and helpless, but can also adversely affect your mental and physical health. Depression may also disrupt your daily work. So, it is absolutely essential for you to overcome depression before it becomes severe and persistent.
The following ways may help you to deal with your depression in an effective manner:
As depression affects your mood, the common tendency will be to alienate or isolate yourself. But, you must realize that locking yourself up in a room and refusing to communicate with others, can never help you to overcome your depressed situation. You will feel like spending time alone, but avoid doing that and instead connect with others. Make new friends or meet up old pals. You can also spend time with your family members or try and stay connected with others through social media.
While you are depressed, you will not feel like working at all, even the things you love doing will appear to be monotonous. You will be feeling lethargic. But stay away from laziness and set new goals for yourself. Start by setting small goals for yourself that you can easily achieve. This will boost up your confidence and prevent you from feeling worthless.
The common tendency during depression is to skip meals and not getting enough sleep. Try to avoid this. Eat healthy food and try to get some sleep. Before going to bed, you may consider reading or listening to instrumental music to help you to fall asleep.
- Get yourself a new pet. You can engage yourself by playing with your pet or learning new ways to deal with them during your free time. This can also help you to distract yourself from the disturbing thoughts.
- You may also consider learning something new. You may learn a new instrument or a new language. This way you can keep yourself busy.
- Try to take new responsibilities or volunteer for some good cause. This will make you confident and also help you to feel good about yourself.
- Practice yoga or meditation. This will help you to calm down from within and stay more focused. Also, avoid negative thoughts even if they keep coming back to you.
- Avoid darkness for few days. Switch on the night lamp while going to bed at least for a few days. You may not feel good with the light always on and prefer darkness. But, avoid that as much as possible as this will help you to keep away your negative thoughts.
- Most importantly, never give up and try all possible means to make yourself happy again. It will be time consuming but avoid getting frustrated. Inspire yourself and try till you get over your depression completely.
If nothing works for you and in spite of trying everything you are still unable to get over your depression, feel free to seek help. You must visit a psychiatrist and ask for professional help.