Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kruti Shah
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Kruti ShahYour feedback matters!
I am 11 years old suffering with spondylitis arthritis from last 3 months Consulted many rheumatologist they are giving just pain killers but my pain spread to all the joints in the body including head also. Some doctors said disease is as VAATHAM. Please give your valuable suggestions I could not sit 2 minutes even. Thanks in Advance.
My mom's age is 54 and she is suffering from sciatic nerve pain problem since 2 years. She has taken therapy and still having medicine medicine but not recovery. Before that she was taking medicine from bangur neurology hospital in kolkata. Please suggest.
Whenever i walk 1/2 kilometers my knees gets pain and legs are shacked what should I do? Please advise.
Hello Dr. I have some pain in my backbone from last 2-3 days. Do not know why? please give me some tips to remove this pain.
I have backache and headache's in the past 3 months every day or so. I have started taking pills and they hardly effect any kind of stress and strain. I really need a recommendations plzzzz.
I fell down by sliding in water 2 months back and sat in a 90 degree position. After someday I felt pain in right side of my lower back. I consulted doctor and took medications but still I am having slight pain while going to sleep and waking up or if I give pressure in that particular area. The pain is not critical but I feel uncomfortable. Please advice me for this. Thanks in advance.
Sir, I have knee pain from last two years, I feel pain with a little bit noise chit chit at my knee when I am sitting and standing, also have back pain, I am not feeling active these days, body not working freely, some time I feel gastric and non digest issue.
How should you approach pain caused due to sports injuries??
Sports injuries can happen to any person who engages in sporting activities. These affect full-time athletes as well as those who partake in sports and exercising on an occasional basis. Most sports injuries are acute and affect the muscles and skeletal system. Usually, they are not chronic unless caused by a grave accident or left untreated.
The most common types of injuries caused due to sports are as follows:
Treatment of sports injuries depends on a number of factors such as the type of injury, part of the body affected, the intensity of the pain, and the patient's age and medical history.
Accordingly, the most common ways of approaching the pain caused by sports injuries are:
- Immediate remedies: Several quick aid, home remedies are used to treat pain that is caused by minor injuries to muscles, such as sprains and strains. It involves alleviation of pain through rest, using ice packs and hot water bags, wearing supports and elastic compression bandages.
- Medication: Many medicines such as painkillers and anti-inflammatory pills, creams and sprays effectively reduce pain caused by sports injuries. In extreme cases, morphine and codeine are also prescribed.
- Physical therapy: A number of injuries can be treated and cured through certain exercise and workout routines. These aim at stretching and strengthening the affected area to provide pain relief through increased flexibility and muscle activity.
- Injections: Various substances and chemical compounds can be injected into the injured area which works on the affected ligaments, tendons, and cartilage to reduce inflammation and relieve pain.
- Surgical procedures: This is generally resorted to in case of damage to the skeleton in the form of broken bones and cracked ribs.
- Interventional Pain relieving procedures: These include regenerative or stem cell therapy, and neuromodulation techniques using radio frequency current. They may result in best results without any tissue cutting or damage. A pain specialist may be able to help you best in that case.
Devising the exact treatment method requires a thorough examination of the injury. Diagnosis can only be provided after taking into consideration the many factors that affect treatment. The method of treatment varies from case to case and consequently, the recovery time also differs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.