Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Krupali ShahYour feedback matters!
Respected doctor. There are too many brands of toothpaste and I am finding difficult to choose one. please guide.
Mera 3days se left side corner ka teeth bohut pain kar raha hain naya teeth nikalne mai kitna din lagta hain 3days ho chuka or kitna din?
My teeth is yellow in colour and I always do all the thing what the doctor tell like brush 2 times in a day and giving me very hi-fi toothpaste etc but my teeth never change the colour from yellow to white.
I used to brush my teeth twice a day, in morning and second just before go to bed, but I have bad smell also. I am thinking that may my toothbrush is wrong or may be the time is less for brushing. How much time I must be give for brushing and what type of brush I can use?
How to get rid of bad smell from mouth .even I am brushing daily perfectly. The yellow color spit (pasaru in yellow color) does not coming from mouth and that leading to bad smell. What can I do now to get bad smell from mouth.
I see gaps between my teeth. Earlier it was very less. What should I do to restrict it? can you suggest some facts how to tackle immediate problems?
Having a bad breath smell is considered a social stigma. Also known as halitosis, it refers to the unpleasant odor that can be sensed when the affected person opens his/her mouth. When in the company of a person with bad breath smell, many people tend to cover their nose. The most frequent cause for this malady is the bacterial growth in the mouth. So, you need to find ways of avoiding the accumulation of bad bacteria in your mouth in order to eliminate bad breath. A very common cause that encourages bacterial growth is having a dry mouth.
The treatment for bad breath varies from oral hygiene, to avoiding certain kinds of foods, particularly those causing a reduction in the production of saliva. Some helpful ways of treating bad breath are mentioned below. You'll also discover the reasons that make them effective.
1. Brush your teeth, followed by gargling, at the end of each meal: it helps eliminating the food particles that may be left in your mouth. These tiny particles can cause a foul smell as they start decaying.
2. Scrap the tongue: your tongue has millions of infinitesimal hairs, where bacteria gets trapped and causes bad breath. You can recognize the presence of bacteria on your tongue as it gets coated with a white layer.
3. Chewing sugar-free gum encourages the flow of saliva, while a dry mouth encourages the growth of bacteria. So, if you keep your mouth hydrated, the bacterial growth is eliminated or restricted.
4. Visit your dentist periodically: your dentist can discover if any gum problems or perhaps a decayed tooth are the cause of bad odor. For instance, that filling in your tooth may have cracked, or it might be inefficiently positioned, allowing food particles to get deposited there, resulting to a bad breath.
5. Avoid mouthwashes and breath fresheners that contain alcohol: though such formulations help masking bad odors for a while, they also dry the mouth quickly, and thus facilitate undesired bacterial growth.
6. Apply peppermint oil: this solution may be applied with or even without using a toothbrush. It has mouth refreshing properties, and it helps killing unwanted bacteria.
7. Use baking soda: a proven treatment for bad breath is brushing your teeth with baking soda. It also helps keeping a good oral health.
8. Consume leafy green vegetables: many people are not aware that chlorophyll, as available in leafy green vegetables, helps keeping your breath fresh all the time. So, start eating such vegetables regularly.
9. Avoid certain foods: toxic foods, such as spicy meats and certain varieties of cheese, including blue and Camembert, should be avoided, as they encourage the formation of gases in the stomach, and these tend to escape through the mouth, causing a foul smell.
My friend is suffering from bad breath problem from past 1 yr. Tried all purgatives and antibiotics and even underwent scaling also along with 1 week course of allgeria .Condition is better than before but not completely resolved. Please help.
I have stains on my teeth It's like black spots but really small After a through cleaning at a Dental Clinic All over But after few months its back Remedies for it?
Hi, My gum is very inflamed and every morning I get out blood from mouth because of It and also while washing my teeth. My mouth smell is so bad as well sorry for my weak language.
My name is krishna as I am getting bad smell from my mouth. I do brush my teeth daily 2times, I consulted bds doctor he checked me I told that my teeth and gums etc are completely alright and I also consulted ent doctor he checked thoroughly and said that I dont have tonsils and adenoids my mouth, ears, nose is completely alright and I dont have gastric trouble even though I am getting smell. So please tell me what is my problem.
From yesterday onwards. My teeth is plain so much (at right side. At night pain is so increase. So what can I do with my pain. Give me answer for that.
I have an old filling in one of my teeth which hurts sometimes only while chewing food. Is it something to be concerned about?
I read your explanation regarding causes of toothache. However it did not cover my case. I have no cavity, decay, germs, etc. Due to the chewing of amla with honey daily morning, I got my layer of enamel thin and so I have toothache while eating something cold or sweets. Can you suggest any solution for this.
My akkal teeth are growing. My age is 29 years. What should I do please help. My mouth is full of pain.
My gums otherwise appear to be Okay. They do not bleed on brushing or eating solid hard substances. But when I get up in the morning, I find saliva type fluid is collected in my mouth, which appear to be slightly pale in colour. I suspect it to be some type of discharge from my gums. I have got myself checked from PGI Chandigarh. They say my gums are healthy. Please suggest me appropriate lab tests to diagnose the problem. I shall be highly obliged.
1. Not flossing
Brushing your teeth twice a day is important, but many patients don't realize that flossing at least once a day is just as critical to achieving - and maintaining - a healthy smile. Flossing removes the cavity-causing bacteria left behind from food particles that get stuck between teeth.
2. Brushing too soon after eating
Consuming acidic foods and beverages, such as sports and energy drinks, citrus fruits, wine, and tomatoes, can erode tooth enamel - the glossy outer layer of the tooth. Brushing your teeth too soon after eating and drinking these items can cause more damage because you are essentially brushing the acid into the teeth, not getting rid of it. Instead, you should rinse your mouth with water after consuming acidic foods and beverages and wait at least 30 minutes before brushing your pearly whites!
3. Not replacing your toothbrush often enough
Not only are old toothbrushes ineffective, but they also harbor harmful bacteria that can cause infections. Toothbrushes should be changed every three to four months.
4. Excessively bleaching your teeth
Overzealous bleaching can cause your teeth to look unnaturally white and increase tooth sensitivity. Before using an at-home bleaching product, talk to your dentist.
5. Using a hard-bristled toothbrush
A hard-bristled toothbrush coupled with an aggressive brushing technique can cause irreversible damage to your gums. Use a soft toothbrush and gently brush your teeth at a 45-degree angle, in a circular motion. Using a back-and-forth, the sawing motion causes the gums to recede, and can expose the root of the tooth, making teeth extremely sensitive.