Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Krupa AmonkarYour feedback matters!
I have black spots on my face and pimples I used some medicines before one year. And also my face getting black.
I am an 18 years old. I suffer from hair loss. I am taking homeopathic medicines and my doctor says since my hair roots are intact I can regrow hair. I need a second opinion.
I have penis pimples it devolpes a black head and evry time I squeeze it off it reappears wthn several days it does not cause pain but it has creates pores what should I do? Is it a matter of herpes somehow?
Hi I am shubham gupta age 21 years and I m having hair problem. I do not use any gel etc. But still it is happening. I apply oil regularly but still my hairs are falling. Please suggest me what should I do. Either some exercise or some other sort of treatment.
What are the homely remedies I should take to stop itching I am suffering from itching since 15 days pls do respond n get me a way to clear it I can not sleep due to that issue.
I am 32 years female. I shaved my legs in the past, which has lead to razor bumps. Kindly let me know how to overcome this? I also have open pores in face. Please assist me with a remedy ?
Daily By sucking lemon juice from lemon can help in glowing of skin. If yes. Than how much time it should take.
I am getting lot of vesicles type small spots on my hands, legs and back. Also severe Itching. Have tried different cortical steroids like fucibet and halovate f cream. While the spots go, new ones keep on coming. What should I?
I am 21 year old. And I am having hair problem. My hair are falling from forehead side. Please suggest what should I do?
I have a rashes problem in my entire body mainly in my left hand. Its very itching. And thr color if my skin is turning black. Im facing this problem from last 1 year.
Does deriva cms gel really work on my acne scars on my face? Now I am using 3rd tube almost 2 months now? My second question. How to remove the holes caused by acne on my face? please respond dermatologist doctors. Medicines are prescribed by my doctor. Used isotretinoin for 1 month still no chance on my acne. please at least respond to my 1st 2 questions Thank you.
I am fair colored overall but facially very dark. Any advice on what to do would be much appreciated.
I am having some pigmentation on my face, feels itchy some times and black patches near forehead. Doctor advice a cream flutivate used for some time but not working. Could you please provide a way around. Thanks.
I am suffering from hairloss and baldness in some area. Mostly in front of the head. I have consulted dermatologist and had there medication also but still it's the same. I was applying onion from past few months, still there is very less progress. Please let me know, something which will help me to deal with this issue and how much time will it take to recover. Waiting for the positive reply.
23 years old male. Suffering from sunburn on back for more than a week. Any ointment that can help ?
Hi I am 27 year have an underarm pimple. I have taken an allopathy treatment but not getting relief. Doctor called it hidernative supporativa.
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a common skin disease characterized by thickened patches of inflamed, red skin covered with thick, silvery scales. The elbows and knees are the most common areas affected by psoriasis. It will often appear in the same place on both sides of the body. The patches can range in size from smaller than a dime to larger than a hand.
Description of Psoriasis-
Normally, skin cells mature and shed after about a month. In psoriasis, the cell maturation speeds up, taking only three to four days. Because the lower layer of skin cells divide more rapidly than normal, dead cells accumulate in thicker patches on the skin's outermost layer called the 'Epidermis'.
Forms & Classifications-
Psoriasis occurs in a variety of forms that differ in their intensity, duration, location, shape and pattern of scales. The most common forms are:
- Plaque Psoriasis: Plaque psoriasis is the most common form of psoriasis. It is characterized by raised, inflamed, red lesions covered with a silvery-white buildup of dead skin cells (scales). This is found primarily on the Body, elbows, knees, scalp and finger or toe nails.
- Guttate Psoriasis: Guttate psoriasis occurs most frequently in children and is characterized by numerous small, red, drop-like scaly macules that develop rapidly over a wide area of skin. This may appear following an infection, most frequently strep throat.
- Inverse Psoriasis: Inverse psoriasis occurs in the armpit, under the breast, in skin folds, around the groin, in the cleft between the buttocks and around the genitals. It is usually pink and irritated but lacks the thick scale seen in other forms of psoriasis.
- Pustular Psoriasis: Pustular psoriasis is a rare form characterized by small pustules (whitehead-like lesions) found all over the body or confined all over the body or confined to the palms, soles and other isolated areas of the body.
- Palmoplantar Psoriasis: This type of Psoriasis are most likely to show up on the palms and soles. It can also appear on the tops of your feet, backs of your hands, and on knuckles and nails. It may be triggered by an injury to the skin, an infection, or another skin condition such as hand dermatitis. It may first occur during a period of psychosocial stress. Lesions are like cuts which bleed.
Psoriasis - Homeopathic Treatment
The patient should be encouraged to expose maximum to sunlight and avoid trauma during the active phase.
Homeopathic treatment of psoriasis – Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach.
This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the signs and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat psoriasis but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned; several well-proved remedies are available for psoriasis treatment that can be selected on the basis of cause, location, sensation, modalities and extension of psoriasis. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person.