Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Krit Narsana
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Krit NarsanaYour feedback matters!
I have lots of pimples on my face how to clear it? Yes I have a habit to pop pimples I want any effective treatment to cure it and also the scars n marks which stays on face reducing the glow do help.
Babies go through a host of problems that we usually refer to as growing pains. This article is of special importance to most mothers who are going through myriad problems like colic, teeth and even diaper rash. Diaper rash is known as diaper dermatitis in medical terms. When the skin of the area within the diaper becomes red and goes through inflammation, it is known as diaper dermatitis. Read on to know more about the condition, and how it may be treated.
Symptoms: The most obvious and common symptom of diaper dermatitis is the signs on the skin which will bear a patchwork of red blotches that may look tender to touch. The baby will also seem more irritable and cranky as the discomfort and pain starts to grow every time the diaper rubs against the rashes. Bleeding, itching and oozing can also occur, in which cause it is imperative to consult a doctor immediately. Also, if the rashes are accompanied by fever, one must get it checked as there may be chances of an infection. Diaper rashes can also cause pain during bowel movements and a burning sensation during urination.
Causes: There are a number of reasons for the occurrence of diaper rashes. Trying out a new product may sometimes give the baby a rash as the sensitive skin of the child may not take to some ingredient. Therefore, it may develop as an allergic reaction. This new product may be a cream, lotion or a new brand or type of diapers. Further, sometimes when we introduce new foods, the baby’s skin may erupt into rashes as a part of an allergic reaction. Also, chaffing or rubbing may cause such rashes, while prolonged use of the diaper without a change is known to be one of the most common causes of this condition. Bacterial or yeast infection can also cause diaper dermatitis. Also, antibiotics can cause rashes as a side effect.
Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the condition is usually done by a dermatologist or a paediatrician based on the symptoms that you list out as well as physical examination of the area. The doctor may also check the baby’s temperature in order to ascertain if there is any fever or any chance of an infection.
Treatment: One should keep the baby’s skin dry and absolutely clean at all times. Also, it would be recommended to use cloth diapers for a few hours a day so that the skin may get a chance to breathe. Further, the doctor will prescribe mild hydrocortisone ointments. Antifungal creams may also be used in case there is an infection. Oral antibiotics may also be prescribed in such cases.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi I am Karan Chhabra from kanpur, up.I am 13 years old. I was fair 2-3 years back but now my skin has become medium brown as I worked in sun for a long time. Some people were suggesting me glutathione pills. Can you please suggest that which glutathione pills should I refer that has no side effects? Please help me out.
I am 35 years old suffering from skin rashes and itching and dark spots on my face and. I have changed so many soaps but not recovered. Please suggest any solution.
My doctor asked Me to apply "skin bless lite" cream at night and I am using it for more than 5 months. But recently when I saw the product's description, it was written to apply twice a day. So I am using it twice a day for more than two weeks and I observe that my face is getting dark. So what should I do to remove that dark tan? Whether I should stop using it r continue apply only at night. Suggest me a solution to get back my fair color.
Hey my age 21 I want to say that ki I have many black marks left on my face after pimples I used many methods to remove black marks but I they were not working so kindly tell me what remedy I use to remove black marks on my face?
The prostate gland, an essential part of the male reproductive system grows throughout your life. As you grow older, it becomes imperative to keep this organ healthy.
Here's what you can do to maintain a healthy prostate:
1. Workout to stay fit: Exercising regularly and maintaining an optimum weight can help to keep your prostate gland at an optimal health. Several types of research have revealed the beneficial aspects of exercising. It's said that physically active men are less likely to suffer from enlarged prostate if they performed a physical activity of low to moderate intensity. Likewise, physically active men who ran for 90 to 108 minutes are 20% less likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
2. Eat fruits and vegetables: Including fruits and vegetables in your diet can help to maintain a healthy prostate. Guava, papaya, tomato and watermelon are some of the options that spell good for your prostate. Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts should also be included to boost the health of the gland. Ideally, you should have about 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
3. Have more soy products: Eating more soy products like tofu, soy flour, soy nuts can help to keep cancer of the prostate at bay. A study published in the British Journal of Urology International revealed that men who had soy products saw a 40% decrease in their risk of developing an enlarged prostate.
4. Have selenium-rich foods: Having foods rich in selenium (a powerful trace mineral) like tuna, eggs, cashews, onions, garlic, etc can reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.
5. Say yes to healthy fats and no to trans and saturated fats: Choosing healthy fats like avocados, nuts, and olive oil can aid in boosting prostate health. At the same time, limiting saturated fats and trans fat intake are vital for keeping the prostate gland healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.
A mammogram is an imaging test where an X-ray is taken to recreate the internal imagery of your breasts. This is a screening test that is widely used to find the earliest signs of cancer. There have been instances where the early signs of cancer have been found up to three years before the actual development of the same. There are a number of benefits and risks in this screening method. So let us find out more about getting a mammogram, and whether or not you should get one.
- Procedure: A special X-ray machine is used for conducting a mammogram. There is a clear plastic plate on which the specialist will place the breast while another plate will press on the breast from above. While both the plates serve to flatten the breast and hold it still, the X-ray will be taken. Some pressure will be felt and the same steps will be repeated so as to get the side view of the breasts. The same procedure will be repeated for the other breast. Meanwhile, once it is done, you will need to wait so that the technician can check for clarity, and whether or not the procedure needs to be done again. The results of this procedure cannot be relayed by the technician, and all the images will be different because all breasts are slightly different from each other.
- Preparation: You will need to remember that the process can be a slightly painful one, especially once the pressure gets applied. Many women complain of discomfort and pain. Yet, this discomfort gets over before you know it. The pressure and pain will depend on the size of your breasts and how much they will have to be pressed in order to get a picture. The skill of the technician will also come into play here. One must remember not to get this procedure done a week or so before or after the menstrual cycle, as the breasts tend to be tender around this time, and the pain will be much more.
- Radiologist: Within a few weeks after the procedure, the radiologist will usually deliver the result. This is the professional who does an accurate reading of the X-ray.
- Normal and Abnormal Readings: If your mammogram result has a normal reading, then you can resort to getting one done every once in a while. But an abnormal reading will require further X-ray and tests so as to be able to tell for sure.
- Why should I get one: If you are over 40 and have a family history of such ailments, then you will have to get a mammogram done regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.