Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Krishna VoraYour feedback matters!
Helo. M Arpit. N m 25. M recently married. My wife is upset frm me coz of my snoring. As I fal slep snoring starts. please hlp me frm this. Is there any cure fr it?
Doctor, I am 40 years old. From last year I am getting cough and throat infection whenever carpenter work is going on. When I have cough any heavy smell like agarbatti or vegetable irritate my throat. Doctor suggested me derryphylin retard 150 mg morning and night when such things happen. Is this any problem with my lungs.
My wife age is 36 years old and she is frequently suffering from throat burning, vomiting and acidity since last 6 months. She tense too much. What could be the cause and what is the remeady.please suggest
I get cold, cough and throat infection in changing weather. My doctor gives me an antibiotic (Cefixime and azithromycin) 250 mg. Medicine name is pace 250. Now when I got to know that these are not good for long term. I try not to take these but normal medicines don't help me now in getting relief. What should I do now so I don't need these antibiotics. Please suggest. Thank you.
I am 25 years old. I suffer from allergic rhinitis. I also have asthma. I have blockage in my left nostril due to which I have trouble breathing. Should I go for surgically removing the blockage in my nose?
Hi, my son is 15 year old and from last few days he is suffering from soar throat. Symptoms are regular coughing, no pain or irritation in throat. Need medical advise?
I am just 22 years old. I am suffering with breathlessness and throat pain since last 5 months. I feel something is blocking on my throat and neck. I consulted almost 6 doctors. But haven't any relief. Please help me. Is it cancer?
I have this allergy from long time in which my throat get choked, itching in nose and throat takes place simultaneously. It happens specially during change of weather and eventually leads to fever and weakness. So advise me to get recover from it.
As of my previous question is still not address I an suffering high BP And sore throat, I also attached my current diagnostic reports please advise me for next step.
I am having a problem of burning effect in my throat. What should I do? Also I feel allergic to cold food items.
It is very common for patients with nasal obstruction to develop clogged ear as well. The back of the nose opens into a tunnel also known as the Eustachian tube. This tube goes up to the ear. In case the ears get clogged the pressure is released by popping of the ears. This is achieved by swallowing, yawning, and trying to blow the nose. When ear pops the tunnel opens and allows the pressure to release from the ear.
Reasons why nasal obstruction causes clogged ears:
- Mucosal Swelling: When the nose is obstructed, the nasal lining might swell thus making it difficult to breath. This might also lead to swelling in the tunnel of the ear causing it to shut down. Sometimes an ear pop does not happen in this condition and this is called as Eustachian tube dysfunction.
- Negative Pressure inside the Nose: In nose obstruction when the patient tries to breathe through the nose there is negative pressure. This might build up near the opening of the Eustachian tube or the back of the nose. This pressure gets transmitted to the ear and results in a negative pressure in the ear which leads to the clogging of the ear.
- Bernoulli's Principle: This principle states that in case of an inviscid flow, increase in speed of the fluid happens side by side with a pressure decrease.
Causes of Nasal Obstruction:
Obstruction or congestion of the nose leads to a stuffy and inflamed nose. In minor illnesses like fever, cold, sinus infection and flu stuffy nose can happen. This congestion might last for a week. In case the congestion is long term then the causes for it are:
- Allergies and hay fever
- Chemical and environmental irritants
- Septum deviation
- Chronic sinusitis that has lasted for too long
- Nasal polyps and benign tumors
Symptoms of nasal decongestion are runny or stuffy nose, painful sinus, and swollen nasal tissues along with mucus buildup.
Treatment for Nasal Decongestion:
Once the nasal congestion has been found and the cause behind it has been analyzed, then treatment is must. Treatment usually includes prescription medication or over the counter drugs. Medication of the nasal decongestion involves the following:
- Oral Antihistamines: These are helpful in treating allergies. Common ones are loratadine (Claritin) and cetirizine (Zyrtec)
- Nasal Sprays: Nasal sprays which contain antihistamine like azelastine (Astelin, Astepro)
- Nasal Steroids: Examples of this are mometasone (Asmanex Twisthaler) or fluticasone (Flovent Diskus, Flovent HFA)
- Over the counter or prescription decongestants