Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Krishna VoraYour feedback matters!
I have come out little part of blood from my nose with water at morning from three days. Please help me what is the problem with me?
Sir i've hole in tympanic membrane by trauma in right ear. But doctor tell me that you have nerve problem because my audiogram shows left ear snhl. Please suggest me what should I do?
My left side ear is pain after eating some could r hot food materials it continue for more than a month when my pains it hurts my eye tooo please help.
The inflammation of the sinuses is a condition referred to as sinusitis. This can be caused by a number of factors including infection, allergies, air pollution, nasal polyps, septal deviation etc.
The symptoms of acute sinusitis may include -
- Pain over the affected sinuses
- Stuffiness of the nose or Running nose
- Loss of smell
- Sore throat or cough
Sinusitis is an uncomfortable condition on its own, but can also lead to a number of other complications. Ayurveda can be very effective in treating acute sinusitis effectively without side effects. Here are a few ways to treat sinusitis with Ayurveda:
- Steam inhalations - Steam is a decongestant that can successfully clear congestion and make sinusitis less painful. This can be done five to six times a day. If your sinus is causing excessive pain, this should be repeated regularly for at least a week. In cases of chronic sinusitis, you may even continue this form of treatment for two years.
- Turmeric - Turmeric is one of the most effective cure for sinusitis and has been used in Ayurveda for centuries. One has to inhale the smoke generated when a turmeric stick is burnt. To do this take a piece of dry turmeric and dip in oil [coconut or gingely oil will do] and light it. When it starts burning put off the flame and you will see the at smoke is generated. Inhale this smoke through each nostril three times. repeat this twice daily for 3 days
- Ginger-Garlic-Turmeric-honey-lemon recipe – Ginger, garlic and honey have powerful antimicrobial properties. Turmeric has anti bacterial and ad anti allergic properties. Lemon and ginger are powerful immune system boosters. A teaspoon of fresh ginger juice with garlic, turmeric and honey can help reduce the congestion caused by sinusitis. This should ideally be had early in the morning, as soon as you wake up and may be repeated in the evening. Similarly, drink warm black tea with lemon, ginger and honey several times daily.
- Jala Neti - Neti is a yogic purification method and jala neti refers to purification by water. This is a simple technique that should be practiced daily to relieve problems related to sinuses. Fill a neti pot with lukewarm water and a little salt. Position the neti pot such that the spout is in one of the nostrils. Breathe through your mouth and tilt your head till the water starts flowing from one nostril to the other. Once the pot has been emptied, repeat the process with another nostril. This can be repeated any number of times.
- Watch your diet - Ayurveda considers diet an important part of the treatment process. Avoid cold and oily food. Starting the day with a glass of luke warm lemon tea with honey is also said to be beneficial to sinusitis patients. Sweets, processed foods, dairy, liquor, carbonated drinks etc are other things to be refrained from when suffering from sinusitis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am experiencing a slight ear pain I believe its because yesterday I had gone swimming pool please suggest any home remedies.
I am having chronic gas problem, sometimes it leads to tightened of stomach and dizziness also. please guide me with this.
My daughter suffering from sinus problem since two years, using homieo treatment, but not yet recovery. Please advice me.
Hey sir mujhe 3 4 din se gale me dard ho rha hai hai,sukha pad ja rha hai is wajah se khana bhi nahi kha pa raha hu pani pine par bhi waisa ka waisa hi hai so please help me.
Ear discharge is the phenomenon of fluids being expelled from the ear. This condition is also known as otorrhea.
The kinds of fluids that can be discharged from the ear range from blood to pus and other forms of bodily secretions. It is caused by a number of factors, which determine the exact nature of the condition and the diagnosis for treatment.
What are the causes of ear discharge?
Some forms of ear discharge are natural, such as ear wax which is produced by the body as a form of defense against external particles that may enter the ears. Other forms are unnatural and result from anomalies in the health system.
The causes of these include the following:
- Infections: This is the most common cause of ear discharge and occurs when bacteria and viruses infest the inside of the ear and lead to the secretion of fluids, which builds up in the middle ear or at the eardrum
- Swimmer’s Ear: This condition is also known as otitis externa and is caused by staying in water for prolonged periods. It results from excessive exposure to moisture that makes the walls of the ear canal to break down allowing bacteria and fungi to enter and infect the ear.
- Trauma: Excess pressure on the eardrum can cause it to rupture and discharge fluids. This happens due to a number of reasons such as exposure to loud explosive sounds or pressure from flying in aircrafts and scuba diving.
- Skull Injury: Damage to the bones behind the ear as a result of injury can also lead to ear discharge due to infection.
- Tonsillitis: Inflammation of tonsils may cause pain or a repeated infection in the ear leading to fluid discharge.
What are the symptoms associated with ear discharge?
Some of the symptoms of otorrhea are as follows:
- Abnormal and unusual secretion of fluids from the ear
- Swelling of the ear
- Partial or complete loss of hearing
- Pain and throbbing in the ear
- Accompanying signs such as fever and migraine
Diagnosis and treatment of the problem depend on the exact cause and nature of the condition, which also determines treatment and recovery time.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!