Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Krishna N CYour feedback matters!
Odontalgia or severe toothache is characterized by extreme pain or inflammation of the tooth and its surrounding areas. The excruciating pain that you might experience may stem as a result of gum infection, tooth decay, infection of the dental pulp, abscess and due to certain other reasons like extraction or filling of the teeth. Another key reason for extreme toothache is the fact that a number of heart problems, such as myocardial infarction and angina tend to affect your dental health negatively.
While some toothaches might occur sporadically, they might pose a danger against your overall well-being in the long run, if the condition is left untreated. Homeopathy can serve as the perfect antidote to your toothache problems and its effects are noted to be significantly higher when it comes down to the question of long-term consumption. Here is a list of homeopathic medications that might prove to be a pain alleviator for your dental complications:
- Hepar Sulph and Silicea: Root abscess responds positively, to both Hepar Sulph and Silicea. For fever accompanied with occasional chills due to severe toothache, Hepar Sulph is considered to be the perfect remedy and tends to significantly decrease the level of swelling and pain. On the other hand, if your face swells and there is an incidence of gum inflammation, Silicea must be used to numb the effects of root abscess.
- Plantago: Plantago is noted to be the most commonly prescribed medicine for toothaches and for treating sensitivity. The pain extending to the ears from the teeth receives maximum relief due to the effects of Plantago. It might have to be taken internally or applied externally depending on the severity of the toothache and its accompanying conditions.
- Staphysagria: Sensitivity is best taken care of by Staphysagria and resolves the problem of worsening of toothache, when any drink or food is consumed. Bleeding gums and excess salivation is also another aspect that is looked after by Staphysagria.
- Arnica: Tooth extraction and filling may often lead to the consequence of nerve-wrecking pain in the gums and the affected area. For this, Arnica is prescribed to assuage the nerve pain and must be taken in along with Hypericum, another homeopathy medicine, for best results.
- Merc Sol: Problems of halitosis and excessive salivation that tend to occur simultaneously with toothaches can be solved by a dosage of Merc Sol. Bleeding gums, looseness of teeth and sensitivity are all taken care of by the same medication.
- Hecla Lava: For jaw swells along with toothache, you must always opt for Hecla Lava. The effect is instantaneous and relieves both swelling and pain.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla serves as the best remedial homeopathic medicine for easing heat sensitivity that is likely to worsen the existing toothache. Drinks and food, either hot or cold, can then be consumed easily because of the numbing effect of this medicine.
Hi, I am 26 years old. My wisdom teeth are trying to come out since long but they aren't. Actually it's been 7-8 years since it's trying to come out completely. Tooth 1 will start with inflammation and try coming out, will stop in a week or so then tooth 2 later 3rd and 4th following similar pattern. Then it will stop for 3-4 more months and the same pattern continues again. I being fed up recently consulted dentist, had an x-ray and she asked me to go for extraction of all those 4 tooths as there is not enough space for them to come out. They are fully grown Should I go ahead with it, 4 tooth extraction isn't small thing.
I have a problem in my gums and teeth. They start bleeding when ever I eat hard food and I also feel pain in my teeth.
Feeling mouth dryness and body pain. What should I do? Yr opinion about Intake of bombay Rava (white Rava Uppuma,) and Palm jaggery.
Hello doctor I had attacked a problem of mouth ulcer I wish to use Himalaya mouth ulcer gel it is good or bad.
I have got small wounds around my mouth and I have a little pain and burning sensation. Can anybody tel me the reason and remedy for that?
Hi doctor, I am having bleeding from when I brush the teeth in morning. What is the reason for it. What is precaution to eliminate this problem. From 2 days I got pain in teeth. Today I got swollen on left hand side of mouth where teeth pain. What medicine is there for teeth pain kill and make swollen out.
I am 63 year old. I have been loosing teeth very fast. Right side top two jaw teeth have eroded very badly. Have difficulty in chewing food. I have a serious condition of submucous fibrosis and I can not open my mouth wide. So I am scared of getting myself treated from any dentist. Can you please help?
My upper & lower teeth (6nos) have fallen down. Is there any treatment to fix the artificial teeth. Please give your suggestion.
How to reduce bad breath in my mouth. Please tell me some home remedy that I can use to root it out. Alao I brush twice a day still I have bad breath problem in my mouth.
My mouth smells too much I think this smell is coming from stomach but I don't know exactly please help me.
मैं लगभग 3 महीने से मुह में बार बार छाले से परेसान हूँ। पेट भी ठीक से साफ़ नै होता है। जीभ के अंतिम छोर पे कुछ चुभन सा महसूस होता है। कुछ भी निगलने में चुभन होता है। कृपया उचित सलाह दें। thanks.
Aim the toothbrush at a 45 degree angle towards the gum line.
Use a pea-sized amount of toothpaste.
Use a gentle circular motion.
Repeat on the inside surfaces.
Use a light back and forth motion on the chewing surfaces.
Spit out the toothpaste after brushing.
You do not need to rinse, as the small amount of fluoridated toothpaste left in your mouth after spitting continues to protect against tooth decay.
Electric toothbrushes also do a
good job of cleaning teeth.