Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Can I know that I am suffering lower abdomen pain or muscle pain in the area which joins leg from stomach is it due to sex that I had done 4 days ago or due to stone ? seriously I am not sure that its a muscle pain or something else like urinary path pain ? So please help . But I have 4,7 mm stone I am sure regarding that .
I am suffering from joint pain last two months after chikungunya. I used churna (Calcium carbonate) in lukewarm water last one week. Is it safe to me. Please suggest me.
Hi I am jayaraj 29 years old ,I am getting shoulder and neck pain although the day and I am getting pain all in my joints especially in my left hand wrist and after getting up from bed I am getting shivering what will my problem and whom should I consult for this.
I have cough and cold for more than a week. Today I am also having pain all around my neck. What should I do?
My mother is suffering from Tennis elbow but she don't want to take medicines so is there any advice which is give relief to her at home and what is the medicine for it?
I am studying b. Com I am studying by siting aside. Now I had a neck pain. What is to do? Please answer me!
I am 23 years old and suffering from severe back pain.Consulted orthopedic doctor he said i dont have any problem.Then consulted gynacologist she said my health is weak so why it pains and gave me vitamin tablets and told me to do exercise .I did excercise regularly and took tablts.1 month has gone but pain remains the same.Kindly help me
I am 38 year old male. I have serious pain in the left leg heels for the past two weeks. It gets severe when I walk or sit on legs. What to do.
I'm having pain in my lower neck shoulders shoulder blades. I consulted a doc and he said that it is nerve trap and he give some tablets but the pain didn't decrease. I'm having this pain from last 8-10 months its unbearable. Is there any diagnosis for this pain.
I have backpain help me for this problem to solve please. Also please tell me what should I do to remove this backpain.
Plantar fasciitis is an orthopedic problem that gives rise to pain in the foot and heel due to strain or pressure on the plantar fascia. This is a ligament or connective tissue which lies in a flat band, connecting your heel with the toes and effectively, providing a basis for the motion of the feet in general. Inflammation, swelling and bruising of this tissue or ligament can lead to excessive pain in the heel.
Let us look at ways that can help you deal with this pain:
- Rest: Taking rest and giving your feet a break from all kinds of strain inducing activities can help in relieving the pain. Also, you can keep your feet elevated to help in reducing the pain in the area.
- Supportive footwear: Using pads within your shoes with gel built into them, or using specific footwear that help in walking without feeling too much of pain is a good way of dealing with Plantar fasciitis. The shoe inserts must be rubber, felt or plastic so that they are soft for your feet. They also give your heel and its arch good support, while Orthotics pulls the ligament so that there is less stress on the same. You can also pull on a pair of night flints which will keep the foot and the ligament stretched while you enjoy a good night of sleep.
- Exercise: Indulging in mild muscle strengthening exercise that also involves stretching and heel hooks can help in alleviating chronic pain that you may be suffering from. Lie flat on your back and take a towel. Lift your leg and hook your foot into it. Now press against the towel and pull down the towel simultaneously. Repeat at least ten times per foot. This will give you flexibility and strength in the area.
- Painkillers: Use pain killers only when absolutely necessary and with due advice from the doctor or Orthopaedic specialist. The use of Ibuprofen and other pain relievers can help in numbing the pain inducing nerves in the brain and give you instant relief.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs: Your doctor may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication that can bring down the swelling for more comfortable functioning when you are on your feet. Naproxen is one such drug that helps in bringing down the inflammation. Also, corticosteroid injections can relieve severe pain.
- Surgery: Heel spur removal or Plantar fascia release are some of the surgical options for chronic and severe cases.
Taking care of your feet is a matter of ensuring that you look into the slightest discomfort and report the same to a doctor.