Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KousharYour feedback matters!
I have been facing pcod problem since I got married that is 3 years back my doctors are saying to lose weight but on other hand I see to thin girls are also having the same problem that I have so kindly suggest me something so that I may blessed.
I am 25 yrs old girl and me and my hubby are trying for baby since jan 2015. My first day of last period was 13th mar 2015. We had everyday relation from 23rd mar to 30th mar. I am facing very less nasuea and yesterday puked only once in evening. Can I know if m pregnant? Or when can I do my home pregnancy test? I hve done twice with pregasure but it showed me negative. Please suggest.
Hello sir/mam mere cousin brother ne unprotected sex kiya he last night n uski wife ne intercourse k 2 hours k baad I pill le li thi, to wo log abhi child nahi chahte to pregnancy rehne k kitne chances he, Aur isme ghabra ne ki zarurat hai ki nahi please ans me.
Hi doctor I have infection on my vagina and its very itching and hurts me while sex how can I cure it naturally.
Vulvodynia refers to a condition, in which you have chronic pain near your vaginal opening. This area is known as the vulva. Vulvodynia is an extremely painful condition, which also causes a lot of irritation and burning in the vulva. There is no known cause of vulvodynia and it has been said that vulvodynia can go on for months or even years. It is such a painful condition that having sex or even sitting down for extended periods will be troublesome for you.
Here is everything you need to know about Vulvodynia.
There is only one symptom of vulvodynia and that is when there is pain in your genital area. However, the type of pain you experience may be characterized by burning, stinging or itching among other sensations.
The cause of vulvodynia is not yet known. However, there are certain factors, which increase the risk of contracting vulvodynia. Here are the factors.
- Injury or irritation to the nerves around the vulva.
- Vaginal infections
- Sensitive skin
- Changes in hormone levels
Vulvodynia itself cannot be cured, only the symptoms of vulvodynia can be relieved. Relieving symptoms is not a very quick process either as it takes weeks and sometimes even months for the symptoms to
improve. Some of the treatments which can be used to treat vulvodynia include.
- Medicines: Certain medicines relieve the symptoms, which vulvodynia causes. These medicines include steroids and anticonvulsants so that your pain will be reduced. Antihistamines are known to reduce itching.
- Surgery: When vulvodynia is localized to a particular area, surgery can be used to remove the skin and tissue of the area which has been affected by vulvodynia.
- Anesthetics: Local anesthetics can be given so that your pain is reduced for a short while. A good time to apply local anesthetics would be 30 minutes before having sexual intercourse. This is because most local anesthetics used to treat vulvodynia come in the form of ointments. If your partner comes in contact with this ointment, then he will also be feeling numb.
- Pelvic floor therapy: Many times, vulvodynia is caused by the tension in the muscles of the pelvic floor. Exercises to relieve those muscles often ease the pain caused by vulvodynia.
Related Tip: "Causes and Symptoms of Vulvodynia"
Ear buds are meant to be used for outer ear only i. E to clean the folds of outer ear.
Using them inside the ear is not recommended and can lead to dangerous ear infection.
The delicate skin in the ear canal can get damaged and subsequently infection may occur leading to a condition called otitis externa.
Uterine Fibroids are mainly tumor growths in the lower muscle area of the uterus. The case is mostly found in teenagers and also in women who are in the age of childbearing. Normally, such tumors are not cancerous but they can be very painful at times.
Symptoms of uterine fibroids
A slight pain in the lower abdomen during the menstruation period is normal due to passes of the blood. But if it is the case of uterine fibroids, then a number of other symptoms are also noticed. Some of the symptoms that are there in case of uterine fibroids are:
- Prolonged amount of bleeding from the uterus,
- Extensive pain in the uterus during the menstruation period,
- Pressure is created on the urinary bladder that leads to urination at frequent intervals,
- Constipation due to pressure on the rectum,
- Anaemia and also chronic backache.
Medicines for uterine fibroids
Often many people take such pain situations to be normal and they try various natural home remedies to get instant relief. But such remedies provide temporary relief the symptoms start again after some time. There are some allopathic medicines that are also helpful in instant relief but for a complete cure, the patient needs to go for a surgery of the tumor. In case if you do not wish to go for the surgery procedure, then you can trust some of these homoeopathic medicine options.
- Calcarea Carbonica: This medicine is often prescribed to women to face problems of menstruation periods going on for long and excessive amount of bleeding. Such women also face from cold feet and chilling sensations during the menstruation period. Also, this medicine can be consumed by women who are a bit overweight.
- Thlaspi Bursa Pastoris: This particular medicine is for women who face menstruation period at short frequent intervals. It may also happen that the patient has not yet overcome the already over periods and again the periods may start after just a few days. This leads in lot of severe pain and cramps in the uterus as well as at the back. For such issues, Thlaspi Bursa Pastoris is the best option.
- Trillium Pendulum: There are many cases when other things such as the amount of blood and the frequency of the menstruation period may remain proper but the patient may face some other unusual problem. The medicine Trillium Pendulum is prescribed to patients who face a smelly menstruation discharge.
- Fraxinus Americana: This particular medicine is rarely prescribed because it is for patients with rare symptoms of uterine fibroids. There are some rare cases when the patient may feel sensations during the passes of the menstrual flow. This may get accompanied by cramps in the feet.
Uterine Fibroids is the most commonly found disease these days. But avoiding the symptoms can lead to severe cases and hence choosing a safe way of treatments such as homeopathic is the best solution. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi doctor. I am 32 years old blood group a+ and my wife 26 yes old blood group o-ve. She is carrying her 2nd child. We are to much worried as my wife's blood group is o-ve. As I heard that there are so many complications in having 2nd child. Please advise us for the same.?
Sir wife has irregular in monthly period time. She also have so many burning in secret place of her. We trying from a year for baby BUT it is not getting success to have pregnancy. Can you suggest what to do. Whom to show.
Health is wealth! This age old adage holds true even today. The usual practice of 3 meals a day needs some tinkering and 5 small meals a day seems like a good way forward. Go to any dietician or any nutritionist and they will vouch for its benefits. So, let us now take a look at the many advantages that come up with this multiple meal plan:
- Alter the food schedule and instil a sense of discipline: It helps in altering your food schedule. When you spread your meals throughout the day, it allows you to try different dishes without over consuming any one dish. With more opportunities to eat healthy, you can develop proper diet charts and follow it properly across the entire day. Moreover, it teaches you discipline to keep a check on your diet.
- Keeps a check on binge eating and overeating: Five meals a day plan can help you control your weight. Intake of small meals prevents binge eating. You don't need to consume in large quantity at once if there are more meals to look forward to throughout the duration of the day. Smaller meals, condition you in such a way that you do not indulge in overeating even if you are outside.
- Something in every meal: Since you're opting for five meals a day, you will indulge in different types of food items throughout the day right from vegetables, fruits, cereals, eggs, milk-shakes and much more. This will not only keep your palette satisfied, but will also make sure that you get all the right amount of nutrients as nothing healthy will be left out.
- Goes hand in hand with all the diet charts and plans: Eating healthy and in small portion ensures that you are on course for your diet plan. Five meals a day will give you a chance to screen your nourishment intake and manage it more viably. It also helps in keeping your appetite under check. It maintains a healthy balance between healthy eating and satiating your hunger.
Disregard the three-feast model; it has now become obsolete. Your busy schedule requests that you take a more dynamic approach to your nourishment. Five meals a day is just the right way to ensure that you have your share of proper nutrients every day.
Related Tip: "5 Energy - Boosting Foods to Try"