Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Komal ChavanYour feedback matters!
I had abortion last year since then I started having pain in lower left side it pains very badly I don't know why this pains this pain is getting harsh feeling sick please help me.
It would be an understatement to say that the male reproductive organ is the most important and the most sensitive organ in the body of the males. Even a small jerk can put this organ in an intense pain, which can sometimes even prove fatal.
There are a number of conditions and diseases that affect the penis. Ling ko lekar kisi bhi prakaar ki problems purusho ko kaafi pareshaan kar deti hai. For example, ling ka tesha hone, uski lambai kum hona, ling mein dard tatha ling pe dane hona log ek gambhir baat samajhte hain.
Pimples on penis is one of the most talked about topics in male sexuality forum. Log isey ek gambhir baat smjhte hain aur isko lekar kaafi pareshan rehte hain. However, they should know that there is nothing to worry about it and that it is absolutely normal.
Some men feel that pimples on penis appear because of some sought of sexual infection and that it may put their sexual life on hold. However, they must know that this is not the only reason. Dane sharir ke kisi bhi ang par ho sakte hain, including genitals. Pimples are primarily a result of blockage in the pores of the oil glands in the skin.
What causes penis pimples and bumps?
Fordyce spots, folliculitis, STDs, genital warts, sores and even cancer can cause those small zits and bumps on the penis. Knowing what caused the lumps can help understand how to get rid of the problem. Here are the most common causes of penile pimples, zits, cysts and lumps-
Fordyce spots on penis: Fordyce spots can appear as white bumps, pale red or yellowish bumps on the skin. Fordyce spots are not a sexually transmitted infection (STI) although it is easy to mistaken their appearance with some symptoms of an STD. These spots appear as a cluster of small pimples or papules. Therefore, those small white pimples on penis head and shaft are likely to be Fordyce spots.
Folliculitis and white bumps on penis: Folliculitis is the infection of hair follicles. The infection is usually caused by either a fungus or bacteria. This infection is common in the pubic area, especially if your genital hygiene is not so good.
Tyson glands under the penile frenulum: Tyson glands are simply sebaceous glands that appear under the penis head. They are usually referred to by many people as pimples on penis or under the penile head or corona because they appear as small white bumps that are pus-filled. These tiny whitish yellow pimples on the penis are not harmful and should not cause you any worry.
Pearly penile papules: The ridge on the penile glans can have tiny lumps that may appear as pimples forming a line around the penis head. These small pimples on penis can appear in multiple rows or on just a single row around the corona. They are called pearly penile papules (PPP).
Lymphocele lump on penis: A hard pimple on penis or penile shaft is likely to be a lymphocele. Hard spots or bumps normally occur after sex or vigorous masturbation that causes deep bruises. Lymphoceles are not a serious problem but occur as a result of a blockage or swelling of the lymph system on the penile shaft.
Pimple on penis STDs and Genital Herpes and Warts: In some instances, small or even big pimples on penile head or shaft can be caused by a sexually transmitted disease (STD). Genital warts appear as small fleshy growths that are caused by an STI called human papilloma virus (HPV).
Pimple on penile shaft from Molluscum contagiosum: Molluscum contagiosum is a viral infection that affects the skin. It causes round, hard bumps the size of a pinhead on the skin. These bumps can grow into the size of a pencil eraser. Molluscum contagiosum pimples on the penile shaft can affect both children and adults alike.
Acne on penis, zits and whiteheads: It is not common to have acne on the penis, but it happens. Acne on penile shaft is likely to manifest as small white spots on penis or red pimples if they are inflamed. The resultant zits and cysts become infected and may feel painful. Acne zits and whiteheads are common during puberty. If you have an oily acne-prone skin, you are likely to get one red bump on your pubic area.
Cancer and big pimple on the penis: Penile cancer is very rare. When it starts to show signs, you are likely to see small pimple-like bumps on the shaft. The sore lump can be a source of discomfort and could keep growing. The most common area it affects is the head of the penis.
Treatment to Get Rid of Pimples on Penis-
How do you get rid of penile pimples, zits, cysts, acne and bumps? Avoid DIY treatments unless you are sure of what you are dealing with. Most treatments will include antibiotics, antivirals and antifungals. Your doctor will give the appropriate medication depending on the underlying cause of the problem. Here are some of the possible cures of penile bumps and pimples-
Fordyce spots are generally considered a normal occurrence on the skin and should be left to clear on their own.
Pearly penile papules are a normal occurrence on the penis and should not require any form of treatment. The same applies for Tyson glands that appear as yellow pimples or white bumps on penis head.
Anti-acne medications such as salicylic acid can help reduce whiteheads and acne zits in the pubic region.
You can prevent razor bumps on the penis with proper shaving techniques and changing your hair removal methods. If the bumps are itchy, anti-itch medications applied topically will reduce the irritation.
If you suspect that you have a bump on your penis caused by cancer, see a doctor as soon as possible. Cancer can be prevented from spreading when treatment is started early enough.
I was on krimson 35 from november. Doctor prescribed me to start from 5th day of the cycle. But did not remember if I have started from 4th or 5th. Pill pack ended timely and bleeding occurred in the 7 day break. I again started dec pill pack from the 5th day of period (may be the gap was 8 days. My dec pill pack ended on 24th dec (usually take the pill from 9-11 pm at night. Never missed any pill. On 25th dec partner rubbed his unprotected genitals on my butt (no intercourse, no ejaculation, he went to toilet before the act). Bleeding occurred from 28th dec-2nd January. Again started jan pill pack from 5th day. This time the gap was 7 days. And I took the pill on same time each day. Pill pack ended on 21st jan and bleeding occurred from 25th January to 29th january. Every time bleeding was light on the first day and got heavier on third day and from fourth day night it becomes lesser and it comes regularly on 4th day of stopping pill. No sex activity after 25th dec. Is their any chance of pregnancy since I had certain confusion with November pill regarding the pill free interval. Since no ejaculation or intercourse, will it be able for sperms in precum to make you conceive? Is their any risk of conceiving?
Hi. After 4th month of my first delivery for the first time I suffered from sever lower abdominal pain and body pain during periods. Can you suggest any pain killer for it.
Numerous clinical researches have been conducted in the field of acupuncture and they have found that acupressure is extremely effective in treating some diseases. It is very good for treating the diseases of muscles, joints and bones which are collectively known by the name of the musculo-skeletal system. Regardless of whether you are suffering from a chronic pain or a pain arising from a sudden injury, acupressure can immensely help in alleviating the symptoms.
- Treatment of osteoarthritis: This is the most common variant of arthritis and can be caused as a result of continuous tearing down of the system. It normally occurs in older people and can also affect the lower back along the spine, hips, knees, shoulders and elbows. The pain caused due to arthritis normally fluctuates and acupressure can help in relieving it.
- A quick relief to sprains: Sprains or sudden injuries normally respond well to acupressure. This kind of pain usually lasts for a week or so, and acupuncture can work effectively once a clear health evaluation has been made. For instance, if you are exposed to a sudden injury on your shoulders, the pain arising out of it can last for months and even years together. But acupressure can prevent the pain from turning chronic and offers an instant relief to soothe it.
- Helping the rheumatic pains: A great deal of experiments and research works have been conducted for finding the effects of acupuncture for calming the pain arising from rheumatism. If you are on the acute, early and inflammatory stage of rheumatism, then you will need a treatment so that the ailment traverses to its residual stage which can be substantially treated through acupressure. It also helps in treating various types of chronic pains and as a result, many experts suggest this treatment.
- Different types of headaches: Headaches can be caused due to a number of factors ranging from migraines to dental problems, from sinusitis to stress and from neck arthritis to head injuries. Migraine deserves a special mention here as it is triggered by a variety of factors like light, heat, noise and some kinds of foods. It leads to a throbbing pain that is often accompanied by vomiting and nausea, visual flashes and patterns before the eyes. Acupressure is a viable solution to these issues and it can help to a great degree if you take acupressure treatment on a regular basis.
All of these troubles can be treated with acupressure, but it is recommended to speak with a doctor before you opt for the treatment in order to evaluate your clinical history and physical condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I have consulted a psychiatrist and am pregnant taking arip mt 5 and qutipin 25 is it low dosage. Doc told it will not affect child.
I have done all the things wat d doc says like sonography IUI test n for hormones I hve check for so many times bt stil not conceived.
The presence of blood in urine is known as Hematuria. It is categorized under 2 types:
- Macroscopic haematuria, which means the patient has seen blood.
- Microscopic dipstick haematuria, which means blood is identified by urine microscopy or by dipstick testing either in association with other urological symptoms (symptomatic microscopic haematuria) or during a routine medical examination. It has been variably defined as 3 or more , 5 or more or 10 or more Red Blood Cells (RBCs) per high - power field.
Urological and other Causes of Haematuria
- Cancer: Bladder, Kidney and Prostate Cancer
- Stones: Kidney, Ureteric
- Bladder Infections: Bacterial tuberculosis, infective urethritis Inflammation
- Interstitial Cystitis Trauma : Kidney, bladder, urethra, pelvic fracture causing urethral rupture
- Renal cystic disease: (e.g. medullary sponge kidney)
- Other urological causes: Benign prostatic hyperplasia, vascular malformations
- Other medical causes of haematuria: anticoagulation therapy (e.g. asprin, antiplatelet therapy) Nephrological Causes: more likely in children and young adults, proteinuria; red blood cell casts.
- Urological investigations: Urine culture, urine cytology, cystoscopy, renal ultrasonography and intravenous Urography and CT Urography.
Management of haematuria depends on the cause as determined by the urologist.
After having sex does the time of period changes or it remain same? If it happens then what's the reason behind it?
Was on novelon 21 day pill pack from june. Missed second last pill of june but took it along with the last. Then took a 6 day break on which I had menses. Started new pack from 8th july and on 9th july had protected intercourse for the first time but the condom was used thrice. Then had very protected intercourse on 14th. This was my last intercourse. I did not ve any intercourse further. Missed only one pill in july on 21st july doubled up on 22nd july. On 22nd july morning had a very light bleeding. My pill pack ended on 28th july and menses came from 1-6 aug. Test at 4,5,6,7,8 weeks all negative. No intercourse in aug. Due date of period was on 1st sept. No periods. Did serum beta hcg test on 8th sept its negative (0.11).usg done on 8th shows bulky anteverted uterus rest normal and bulky ovaries with pcod. Why my period is late if I have no intercourse in aug. Am getting all stressed. And m having bad gas. Is gas is due to stress. Doctor advice me to take deviry 2 tablets for 5 days. Is it safe? When will I get my periods after stopping deviry?
Takram laghu Kashaya amlam deepanam kaphavatajit | Shopha udara arsha grahani dosha mootragraha aruchihi | pleeha gulma ghritavyapat gara paandu aamayaan jayet || –
Ashtanga Hrudaya Sutra sthana – 5th chapter
Buttermilk finds a special mention in Ayurveda, is described as a drink that even gods are envious of which shows the many benefits of this drink. It is said to improve circulation, detoxifies and cleanses the system and helpful to those with diarrhea and IBS. The other diseases that Buttermilk helps in treating are hypertension, arthrosclerosis and heart disease. Different ways of preparation along with the amount of water is used for different Kapha, Vata, Pitta systems.
Buttermilk- A Delight
- Butter milk does not cause heaviness when consumed. Hence it is known to have the quality “laghu”. It gets digested quickly and easily. Butter milk is usually sour in taste and acts as an astringent. (Due to this property butter milk helps in reducing pores caused by acne and pimples. It reduces hyper motility of intestines during diarrhea and IBS. This property also helps to shrink hemorrhoids).Aggravated Kapha and Vata are mitigated by buttermilk. It is the best appetizer. According to Ayurveda it reduces bloating of stomach, eases symptoms of hemorrhoids, soothes intestines in IBS and helps in indigestion. It also reduces effects of poison and is very useful in treating anemia.
- Butter milk detoxifies body and cleanses the intestines, relieves constipation and helps to replenish intestinal flora. It has less fat compared to milk and is rich in calcium, potassium and Vitamin B12.
- Takra cleanses the channels of circulation (srotas), as a result of which rasa, the end product of digestion of food, reaches the tissues properly. It creates proper nourishment, strength, and complexion. It cures one hundred diseases including those of Vata (80 in numbers) and Kapha (20 in numbers).
- The micro channels carrying nutrients to all cells in the body, when they get clogged or blocked due to any reason, the particular organ or system suffers in efficiency due to lack of nutrition. It is essential to remove such blockages. The herbs or their combinations which tackle these problems are termed “Rasayana” in Ayurveda. The forces which cause the blockage or resistance must be removed. The channels which cause transport are termed “strotas”. Acharya Charaka opines that buttermilk removes such blockages and purifies the “strotas”. This causes better movement (`ayana’) of `anna-rasa’, the nutrients. When adequate nutrition is obtained by cells (“koshas”), they start working with full force.
- Due to saturation or ageing of strotas during old-age, the control systems of the body do not get adequate nutrients, which cause aging symptoms such as reduction of memory (dementia), reduced vision, wrinkles on the skin, graying of hair, etc.
- But those who take buttermilk regularly, do not age faster, keep their arteries flexible for a longer time. Thus buttermilk is an elixir (param-amrutam) which keeps `Jara’ (old age) and `Vyadhi’ (disease) away. The Ayurveda treats buttermilk as an excellent food to keep cholesterol related problems miles away.
- With all of that said, you see how great Takra is for health of digestion and this means the entire health of the body and mind.
The properties and Actions of Takra
Rasa (Taste): Astringent, sour, and sweet
Anurasa (Secondary taste): Astringent
Veerya (Potency or energy): Hot
Vipaka (Post digestive effect): Sweet
Guna (Quality): Binding, light, dry
Actions: Digestive, promotes intellect and nourishes the brain tissues, promotes immunity, pacifies Vata, and gives satisfaction.
Types of buttermilk and benefits
- Full cream buttermilk: Full cream buttermilk added with sugar calms Vata and Pitta. Very nourishing in nature. It is similar to curds in qualities.
- No cream buttermilk: It calms Kapha and Pitta. It is good for people with diabetes.
- Half water buttermilk: Improves strength and digestive power.
- No fat buttermilk: Calms Pitta, natural coolant, relieves tiredness, calms Vata and Kapha.
- According to Ayurveda, Curd at night is contra indicated. During night, curd is substituted with buttermilk.
Buttermilk and its uses
- Ayurveda uses buttermilk both to maintain health and to treat diseases.
- Butter milk is easy to digest, has astringent and sour tastes and is hot in nature.
- Buttermilk improves digestion and mitigates Kapha and Vata.
- In Ayurvedic treatment, it is useful in the treatment of inflammation, gastro intestinal disorders, lack of appetite, spleen disorders and anemia.
- Buttermilk is highly beneficial during winter, in indigestion and in Vata imbalance related disorders.
- It is given in cases of excessive ghee consumption.
- In the disease like sprue, mixing powdered leaves of the holy fig tree and dry ginger in buttermilk and drinking it is very beneficial.
- Drinking buttermilk made from fresh milk of cow, without mixing salt in it purifies the blood. It gives strength and vitality. The complexion of the body improves. It destroys numerous disease related to Vata and Kapha doshas.
- If equal quantities of powdered dry ginger, powdered black pepper, powdered of the leaves of fig tree and powdered rock salt is mixed in buttermilk and then had, it cures indigestion. Similarly, if only powdered dry ginger and powdered black pepper is mixed with buttermilk, it too destroys indigestion.
- The pulp of wood apple, if mixed with the buttermilk, cures diarrhea, dysentery and excessive hemorrhage.
- Drinking buttermilk mixed with powdered asafetida powdered cumin seed and powdered rock salt, cures diarrhea and abdominal pains.
- Drinking buttermilk made out of cow's milk mixed with powdered black pepper powdered dry ginger, powdered leaves of fig tree and "Veed salt" cures abdominal pains.
- Drinking buttermilk mixed with raw sugar (gud) cures urinary disease especially Uremia.
- Giving buttermilk mixed with "Vayvidang" powder to the children cures them from the worms in their stomach.
Buttermilk contra indication
- Since Buttermilk is hot in nature, it is to be avoided
- During summer,
- In persons with injury
- In debilitated persons
- Person suffering from giddiness and in diseases related to Pitta imbalance.
Was on novelon 21 day pill pack from june. Missed second last pill of june which I doubled up with the last. Pill pack ended on 1st july. Pill free interval of 6 days, withdrawal bleed from 5-8 july. Started pill pack of july from 8.had intercourse on 9th. Though condom was there all the time but it has been used thrice on the same intercourse but it did not break or had holes. Was regular with the pack. And had protected intercourse on 14th of july it was my last intercourse. And condom did not break or had holes. I missed only 1 pill on july 21st which I doubled on 22nd at a gap of more than 24 hrs. I had a very light bleed on 22nd morning which stopped as I continue with the pills. My pill pack ended on 28th july ans I had normal withdrawal bleed on 1st aug which continued upto 6th of aug morning. Had home pregnancy test on 3rd, 4th,5th, 6th,7th week all were negative. Do I need to do blood test or further hpt? Are there any risk of pregnancy? I stopped the pill at aug since I did not plan to have any intercourse at the moment and moreover body was not permitting. Will I get my proper menses this month? If not will I need to do any further hpt even if no intercourse happened?
I am unable to conceive a baby. I always have a miscarriage. I have regular periods but once again the problem has persisted. Please advise me in this concern. It would be really grateful of you.
Every person faces ups and downs in life, the difference lies in how we deal with the low points of our life. Losing someone you love is probably the saddest experience anyone can go through. Our natural reaction to such a loss is grief. The more significant the loss; the more intense your grief will be. There is no right or wrong way to grieve and everyone grieves in a different way.
However, here are a few healthy ways you can cope with your loss to move on with your life.
1. Build a support system: When you are grieving, you may feel that nobody understands how you feel and would want to isolate yourself. Do not allow yourself to withdraw into a shell and instead build a support system of friends and family who you trust. You could also visit a counselor who is trained to deal with such situations. Joining a support group can also help.
2. Face your grief: Not allowing yourself to grieve can do more harm than good. You can suppress your grief for a short time but you cannot avoid it forever. The longer you avoid facing it, the more difficult it will be. Suppressing grief can also lead to a number of health problems such as depression, substance abuse and anxiety.
3. Look after your health: When grieving for the loss of a loved one, you may not feel hungry and may want to simply lie in bed all day. But you must instead get out, eat right and exercise regularly. When the body is healthy, you not only feel better physically but also emotionally. Avoid turning to alcohol and drugs to lift your mood.
4. Express yourself: Bottling up your emotions is never a good idea. However, sometimes talking about how you feel can be difficult. In such situations, look for alternate means of expressing yourself. For examples, you could try painting or start a scrapbook.
5. Look out for grief triggers: What makes coping with the loss of a loved one difficult is the fact that you share a number of life events with them. Birthdays, anniversaries, holidays and festive occasions can bring back memories of the person and overwhelm you. To successfully heal, you must plan ahead for events like this that will trigger grief. Do not allow yourself to be alone at such times.
6. Seek professional help: Sometimes, when you are dealing with the loss of a loved one, you find yourself sinking into depression or find it difficult to resume your normal lifestyle. It is a good idea to consult a mental health practitioner or counselor.