Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Km Shah
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Km ShahYour feedback matters!
I am 30 year old women having one girl child of 15 months. I have lost interest in sex in regular basis as at night I was overtired. My husband has so much of problem with me that I am not interested in sex. Because of which our relation is getting worse. Please suggest what to do?
My wife is on her 6 month of pregnancy & after ultra sound (anomaly scan) the amount of liqueur is less in volume. Kindly tell me does this mean any problem and also tell me how to increase this liqueur.
Good evening, I am Dr Rahul Manchanda, and I’m consultant gynaecological endoscopic surgeon. I have spoken to you on this platform before, and I’m based at A 32, New Friends Colony, which is my OPT, Manchanda Endoscopic Center, and I perform all surgeries at Pushpawati Singhania Research Institute Hospital.
Now let us discuss on ovarian cysts in women. Ovarian cysts are important because these are a collection of fluid in the ovary, or they can be tumours in the ovary, but not to worry about this issue. The situation can become worst in case of ovarian cancer. And unfortunately, the ovary is notorious for having cancer which is detected very late, because they increase at such a huge pace that by the time the symptoms appear, it’s very late. And these are normally detected in the last stages where nothing very much can be done. So it’s important not to take it lightly. At every stage of a woman’s life, whether it is in before she gets her menses, or when she’s menstruating, or after the menses finish, there is various range of awareness that can occur. One should go for a regular gyno checkup, or go for a regular medical check-up and get an ultrasound in various stages, and see if everything is alright. If there is a cyst, it would catch, and that needs to be investigated, and you need to see your gynaecologist. The cysts can be normal and can be physiological, but they need to be investigated.
Nowadays of course we have minimal invasive surgery, so they can be tackled very easily. We can make a diagnosis and there is no requirement of making the large cut but the cyst can be removed through small holes. And we advice the patient to go home the next day. With the diagnosis, and of course, with satisfaction that it is nothing sinister.
So please look after yourselves. Go to a gynaecologist, go to a doctor.
If you need to consult us you can get us through Lybrate platform, or of course the OPT either at Pushpawati Singhania Research Institute in the mornings or in the evenings at New Friends Colony.
This is Dr Rahul Manchanda. Thank you very much.
I am 27 years old and have pcos for 6 years please suggest next steps (had undergone laparoscopy also but still pcos remains we are planning for our fist child please help).
Doing sex with my partner either oral or vaginal or going back. Is it safe doing Intercourse at back (rectal) area?
I am having mild red mucus after intercourse. Is this affects my conceiving? am thinking that am gretting periods always? is it afffects?
Dr. Saheb kal Maine ek sawal pucha tha k meri biwi ko last month 11 February ko period aaya tha lekin ab tak usey period nahi aaya hai. Jab k 5 March ko Maine unprotected sex Kiya tha. Meri biwi ne aaj bataya k kayi din se usko mahwari aane se pehle mahilaao ko Jo pain hota usey ho raha hai aisa lag raha hai k ab period ka khoon aa jaaye ga lekin period nahi aa raha hai. Fir pain khatam ho ja raha hai. Kya yeh mahwari aane ke sanket hain. Kya usko mahwari aa jaaye gi ya nahi. Jab k already aaj 8 din late ho chuka hai. Aam taur par kitna din late ho sakta hai.
I am 29 year old working woman my period is only for 2 days I think it is no normal I am going to get marry next year in Feb please suggest so that it will not hamper my marriage life.
Ayurveda (pronounced i-yer-vay-da) is a rich and holistic nature based medical system designed to prevent disease, promote health, and unlock the potential for living beings to thrive. It is the oldest surviving medical system in the world, dating back over 5, 000 years to ancient india. “ayurveda” is derived from the sanskrit words “ayus” (life) and “ved” (wisdom). Ayurvedic medicine is a complete system because is rooted in all 4 dimensions of health: physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. One of the main premises of ayurveda is that each person has a unique constitution of doshas, or elemental vital bioenergies, known as vata (air and space), pitta (fire and water), and kapha (earth and water). By assessing a person’s unique combination of these elements, we can help determine their individual physical and mental characteristics and detect imbalances that may be contributing to disease. Using this information, we can customize a plan to optimize the patient's health and well being so they can reach their highest potential. The sister science to yoga, ayurveda teaches us how to live in balance with nature, and learn how to be at peace with ourselves so we can then reflect that happiness and abundance to those around us.
Click here to receive free recipes, seasonal recommendations, home remedies and more!
-the 3 doshas- vata, pitta and kapha
Have you ever wondered why each person is so unique?
- Some people just look at a slice of cake and gain a pound while others can eat mountains of food and stay as thin as a rail. Why do some people have excessive anxiety and fear while others trend towards anger and irritability? ayurveda answers these questions with the concept of the three doshas: vata, pitta, and kapha. The doshas are biological energies that control all of the functions in the body and have a powerful effect on the mind. They are comprised of the five basic elements and their individual properties. Vata is composed of air and space, pitta of fire and water, and kapha of earth and water.
- Ayurveda is based on the premise that we are all born with a unique constitution comprised of these five elements, and that constitution will remain the same throughout our entire lives. Although our basic constitution does not change, the three doshas are in a constant state of flux. For example, a person living a chaotic lifestyle who is constantly on the move, eating too much cold, dry and raw food, drinking coffee and not sleeping enough will eventually experience an increase in vata dosha (air and space). If this intensive diet and lifestyle is maintained for some time, the person will eventually develop certain symptoms that are associated with an excess of air and space in the body. In the beginning, symptoms may be mild such as constipation, anxiety or pain in the body. However, if the imbalance is not addressed by altering the diet and lifestyle to bring the body back to a state of equilibrium, more advanced excess-vata-related diseases may occur such as osteoporosis or parkinson's disease.
- The best way to keep your body properly nourished and balanced is to know your basic constitution, and your current imbalances so you can eat, drink, sleep and exercise to best suit your needs. There are tests and quizzes available online that can help to give you a basic idea of any current imbalances. However, in order to get a true assessment, it is best to make an appointment with a well trained ayurvedic practitioner because there are many factors in the diagnostic process that a computerized test cannot determine.
I had sex 12 days back it was unprotected but he haven't cum inside me and bow my periods are delayed its been 4th day my periods haven't come what should I do and if I am pregnant what medicines can I take to have a medical abortion.
I am 31 and 7 month pregnant. My usg report read plecenta grade ii maturity placed posteriolyin fund us body liquor less. Afi 9.2 cm. Approx foetal wt. 1480. Please advice. Is the wt. Ok how much water intake should be done. Is every thing ok?
Hello, Actually we are planning to have a kid and its been 1 years 2 months we have married. I get my periods regularly but from the last 3 months they are a week late. On the 4th month (this month) I did not get my periods its been 21 days so tested for pregnancy it was negative beta hcg was 0.1 and at the same time I do not have any thyroid or hemoglobin (12.5) issues and the doctor has also scanned (2 months back) my uterus she said that it is also fine. So I just want to know what may be the reason for delay in periods or am I still pregnant. Please let me know.
Common causes include -
1. Use of all forms of tobacco (gutkha, khaini, bidi, cigarette, paan etc.)
2. Irritating or sharp edged dentures or teeth causing chronic non healing ulcers
3. Poor oral hygiene
4. Some hereditary conditions (example - Plummer Vinson Syndrome)
It starts as change in color of oral mucosa or non healing chronic ulcer which grows with time. It may or may not bleed on touch. Pain may be or may not present
Another form of oral cancer which resembles cauliflower is known as verrucous carcinoma.
Prevention of cancer includes -
1. Quitting all kind of habits including tobacco
2. Regular dental and oral checkups
3. Maintainance of good oral hygiene,
4. Rounding or removal of ill fitting dentures or prostheses.
Pain is a feeling of distress that is caused by intense damaging stimuli. It is one of the most common reasons that compels the patient to consult a physician and take painkillers. In the long run, painkillers have adverse effects on our body. While most of the times, the cause of the pain is diagnosed, there are cases in which the cause remains undiagnosed. Homeopathy is a system of medicine that is based on symptoms and has no side effects and thus, it is most effective in the treatment of both muscle and joint pains.
Here we give you a list of common homeopathic pain medications that are prescribed to give relief to patients and the circumstances under which they can be used.
- Bryonia- It is given when there is a hot swollen joint, pain from overuse of body part or injury. The slightest movement aggravates the pain and is relieved of the pressure on the affected part.
- Causticum - It is recommended for muscle spasm, stiff neck and pain. The character of the pain is sharp and tearing and is caused by cold dry weather. The patient is relieved by the warmth.
- Arnica Montana - Arnica is suggested when a patient has sore, bruised feeling all over the body. The patient is very sensitive to the pain and everything on which he rests seems very hard. Arnica is a top remedy in case of injury from falling, sprain and bruise.
- Rhus Toxicodendron- A first choice of remedy in case of rheumatism and back pain. The right side of the body is especially affected. The patient experiences stiffness and aching pain that aggravates during the rainy season, in the morning, on exposure to cold and also by rest. Pain is relieved by moving the affected parts and by warmth.
- Cuprum Metallicum- It is given in cases of muscle twitching or severe muscle spasm. The patient feels better when the painful area is massaged.
- Magnesia Phosphorica - This is the best medicine for all types of pain, especially when the pain is in the right side of the body. The pain is aggravated by cold and movement and is relieved by heat and rest in the general. This is suggested to relieved lower abdomen pain during menstruation.
- Pulsatilla- This is an excellent remedy for rheumatic pains that shifts from one joint to another. Homeopathic medicine is suggested after a thorough understanding of patient symptoms and the medication differs from patient to patient. So it is better to consult a homeopathic physician to select a suitable medicine to get relieved from pain.
Hi doctor one week ago I have sex with stranger with unprotected after one week my skin rashes my hand so what I do .if this is any sexual transmitted diseases or ghoneria chlamydia or other disease what I do.
I am taking regestron (5mg) for the last 15 months. The dosage is 12x2 monthly to regulate heavy and prolonged bleeding.Now i get normal and regular period but is it safe to take it for such a long time?
My sister is 6 months pregnant now she needs to whiten baby. Is there any treatments for this please guide me.
On 18 april, it was just a rub of penis above vagina and my vagina was cover with my underwear and my partner was nude sperm drops also came. After this few drop of blood came through the urine and the period came after 6 hour as scheduled on 18 april. I am having mild pain in my abdomen, waist and back. Irritation in vagina and sometimes mild pain in it. What is it? And why these are occurring? How to get rid of it? Please explain every things in detail.
लेकिन जाने की खबर तो 9 सेकेंड पहले भी पता नहीं चलती ।।।
इसलिए मस्त और व्यस्त रहो.