Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kishori Dinendra KadamYour feedback matters!
Diet for PCOD and Scope of Homoeopathy
PCOD is a very common condition seen in women these days. Women with PCOD are more prone to developing serious health conditions. There are several causes that lead to this condition, one of the primes of them being the diet we choose and our lifestyle. Given below are some important Do’s and Don’ts to follow, for women with PCOD and for all those who would like to prevent this condition. A little extra care if taken in effectively managing our diet and lifestyle could go a long way in preventing PCOD.
- Wheat products (wheat bread, wheat pasta)
- Natural diuretic fruits
- Raw fruits (especially apple, pear etc.) and vegetables
- Oats, Corn, Butter, eggs, almonds, peanuts, pumpkin, beans, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumber, eggplant, lettuce, mushroom, onions, peppers, spinach, vegetable oil, soya beans, apricots, blueberries, cantaloupe, cherries, figs, grapes, honeydew, lemon, tomato juice, kiwi fruit, pineapple, plum, raspberries, strawberries, watermelon, mango, cheese, radishes, olive oil, nuts, salmon fish, flaxseeds
- Protein rich foods
- High fiber rich food and Vit B rich food
- Opt for lean meat. Avoid chicken though, as they may be injected with male hormone to increase the muscle bulk, which would trigger PCOD
- Move to Soy products instead of milk, as milk has the tendency to increase the testosterone levels
- Include 1-2 litres of water in your diet, which avoids water retention
- Divide meals into small healthy 5-6 meals per day, instead of 3 heavy meals and never miss breakfast
- Sit –ups, push –ups
- Skipping helps you to lessen binge eating, the release of serotonin and dopamine will keep your stress levels low.
- Stress free methods such as Yoga, meditation, listening to music etc.
- All whites (Maida, white bread, pasta, etc.)
- Junk or fast foods, cakes, cookies, sweets, chocolates, soft drinks and soda, desserts etc.
- Avoid red meat, whole milk dairy, fried food, margarines
- Reduce Sodium intake, by avoiding sauces, chips, salted nuts, canned soups
- Quit smoking –as it stimulates Androgen
- Avoid alcohol
Scope of Homoeopathy in PCOD:
Homeopathic approach towards management of PCOD is constitutional, taking into account the presenting complaints along with physical, mental and genetic make-up that individualizes a person. It involves prescribing “Constitutional Medicine”, which is also capable for working on the Ovaries and the entire Endocrine system. The treatment logic varies depending on the presence of any genetic predisposition, physical makeup (obesity), peculiarities of your menstrual, etc. In Homoeopathy, medicines are given to induce ovulation in a natural way, which would improve and regularize your menstrual cycle and also helps in the prevention or minimization of cyst formation.
Feel free to drop a personal message for any query
I had my period between 10-13th feb n had a intercourse on 17 feb without protection. Is there any chances of getting pregnant? Wht should I do?
My Gynaecologist has suggested me to undergo hysteroscopy for examining the uterus? What are its side affects and what is the cost of the procedure?
I am 20yrs old and my girlfriend has 20yrs before two days we done sex by using condom. Now she is getting pains. Now without getting pregnant is there any tablets or precautions? and can we eat papaya to avoid pregnancy?
Now i am suffering from constipation and bledding. A little pressure gives bledding. So during pregnancy which medicine should I take to take relief from constipation & bleeding.
Sex which gives pleasure to most, can be painful for some. Many women, mostly in their menopausal or postmenopausal phase find intercourse and penetration extremely painful. Menopause results in hormonal imbalance, with a significant drop in the estrogen level. The reduced estrogen level results in Vulvovaginal Atrophy (dryness of the vagina and thinning and weakening of the vaginal tissues). In such cases, women experience irritation, Vaginismus (vaginal tightness) and soreness after sex. One can also experience a burning sensation during urination. There may be inflammation of the vaginal tissues. If untreated, the inflammation can cause infection and other complications. "Dyspareunia" or pain during intercourse is very common in postmenopausal women. The pain experienced during sex can be due to "Vulvodynia" as well. Vulvodynia is a condition whereby a women experiences chronic pain in the external genitals or vulva. A number of other factors can also contribute to the pain during sex. A thorough and detailed investigation is thus very important.
Many women find it extremely embarrassing to discuss menopausal problems with their partners and doctors. The key to effective treatment lies in timely diagnosis and medication. There is nothing to be embarrassed about. The postmenopausal changes can vary from person to person. Thus it is very important to discuss every minute detail with your physician.
Many options are available to make intercourse a less painful experience.
- Keep dryness at bay: In most cases, painful intercourse results from dryness of the vagina. Use of a lubricant can ease the pain to a great extend. A water based lubricant is highly recommended. Regular use of vaginal moisturizers is also effective to deal with vaginal dryness.
- Vaginal care and hygiene: It is very important to keep the vagina clean. Avoid using soaps, bath oils and shower gels. They do more harm than good to the vagina. It is advisable to wash the vagina with warm to lukewarm water. Undergarments should be changed twice daily.
- More is good: Having sex at regular intervals is a healthy practice. It not only enhances and improves the blood flow, but also helps to overcome vaginal dryness.
- The Pelvic Floor Therapy is immensely beneficial. In this therapy, a gentle pressure is exerted in the pelvic region to relax the stiffened and tightened muscles. One can also massage the area to relax the muscles.
- Squat is a very effective exercise to strengthen the buttocks and hip muscles. Exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles are also very helpful.
- One can also opt for Local Estrogen therapy and Systematic Estrogen Therapy.
Menopause should not affect your conjugal and sexual life. Visit here to know more and forget painful intercourse forever. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Hello doctor I am 9 month pregnant probably I am having only 15 days with my baby my due date is 20 oct. And I have an urge of eating multani methi in small quantity I also take calcium sometimes milk but whenever I feel strong urge for this multani methi I used to eat in small quantity like in small bites this habit was regular in last trimester only and also I am not confirm about my baby position .will this mitti affect me and my baby pls suggest how to manage and I notice movements in every direction like side up and down is my baby is in head down position pls tell.
I have a blockage in my both the fallopian tubes and due to dermoid cyst my right side ovary has been removed last year on September 2015. Its been more than 2 nd half years of my marriage. Coz of my laparotomy last year done I was not allowed to plan for a baby for 1 year. Now we r planning but because of blockage m unable to conceive. I have consult 1 Ayurveda he told me he will clear my blockage within 2 month. I am hoping for d best. M 30 years old dis November. Allopath has advised me for laparoscopy or ivf. But I don't want to go for ivf. And in laparoscopy there is 50-50 chances of clearing blockage. Please suggest me d best possible way.
Hi doctor I'm taking now ayurvedic medicines for healthy follicle egg growing My question is doctor giving kouthaja triphala lehyam it is for egg growing know 3 months over now that medicines taking I don't have ovarian cyst but egg not maturing it is so small last 3 months before scanning doctor told to me now it is growing know for that lehyam please tell me gynecology told to me clomifene tablets 6 months you have to take for egg growing please tell me.
Delicious and crunchy, apple fruit is one of the most popular and favorite fruits among the health conscious, fitness lovers who firmly believe in the concept of 'health is wealth.' This wonderful fruit is packed with rich phytonutrients that, in the true sense, indispensable for optimal health.
They are high in fiber and vitamin C, and they are also low in calories, have only a trace of sodium, and no fat or cholesterol.
Often called a 'miracle food' and 'nutritional powerhouse,' an apple a day really may keep the doctor away.
Apples are some of the most popular and delicious fruits on the planet, and there is nothing like biting into a bright, red, juicy apple to quench your thirst and satisfy your sweet tooth, all while boosting your health in a major way.
Aside from the normal ability of fibrous fruits to make us feel full and increase satiety, thereby reducing appetite and overeating, apples have another unexplained ability to help in our weight loss aims.
Now below are mentioned the Health Benefits and Risks of regularly having Apple Fruit.
Health Benefits -
Apples are loaded with vitamin C. Almost half of an apple's vitamin C content is just under the skin, so it's a good idea to eat apples with their skins. Apples contain insoluble fiber, which provides bulk in the intestinal tract.
The bulk holds water that cleanses and moves food quickly through the digestive system.
The health benefits of apples include improved digestion, prevention of stomach disorders, gallstones, constipation, liver disorders, anemia, diabetes, heart disease, rheumatism, eye disorders, a variety of cancers, and gout.
It also helps in improving weakness and provides relief from dysentery.
Health Risks -
'Eating apples in excess will not cause any side effects,'
No side effects are generally known or expected to occur with apple fruit. However, apple seeds should not be eaten, as they contain cyanide and are poisonous.
Apple seeds, also called pips, contain a substance called amygdalin, which can release cyanide, a powerful poison when it comes into contact with digestive enzymes. Whole seeds will pass through your digestive system relatively untouched, but if you chew the seeds you may be exposed to the toxins.
One or two will not be harmful, as the body can handle small doses of cyanide, but if you or a child chews and swallows a lot of seeds, you should seek medical attention immediately. A very large helping of apple seeds may be fatal.
Major complications of uncontrolled hypertension
1 kidney failure
2 kidney disease
3 end stage renal disease
4 heart disease
5 hardened arteries
6 cardiovascular disease
8 heart attack
9 left ventricular hypertrophy
11 cerebrovascular disease
12 eye complications
13 retinal damage
14 cerebral hemorrhage
So never avoid your hypertension.
I read somewhere it was written that" patient taking anti - tb medicine should take high dose of i-pill to protect her pregnancy" Because drugs in the medicine can minimize it's effect. Is it true? If yes then how much tablet at once will be preferable?
If I am using any daily oral contraceptives, is it save if sperm is ejaculated inside vagina or else it is not recommended?
Hi, I m 18 weeks pregnant ,and my gynac told me to take this tablet, I take calcimax 500 after breakfast, macfolate plus after lunch and feruim d3 after dinner, are these tablets useful during pregnancy or can you please let me know if there is any side effects ,hope its not harmful for my baby.
Her period is continuing and today is her 1st day. She saw that the colour of the blood on her pad was black colour. It had not happened before. Is this a serious problem? And why it happened? Please help.
I am having pain during my intercourse hour but after removing penis from the vagina, the pain suddenly go off!
World Health Day - 7-Apr'17
The theme of the day is: Depression: Let’s Talk.
Depression- Common symptoms:
- Feelings of sadness/low feeling.
- Sleep disturbance
- Decreased appetite.
- Not interested in daily activities.
- Lack of intrest in surrounding.
- Decreased decision power.
- Guilt feeling,,feeling worthless.
- depression can lead to suicidal tendencies, commonly in adolescent and young adults. As well as in-old people .
- Due to social stigma less than 50% of of DEPRESSION Patients seek medical help.
Remember Depression can be treated with modern medicines and supportive measures like exercise/yoga/pranayam/medication/psychotherapy.