Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KishoreYour feedback matters!
My elbows and knees are terribly black and it looks awkward. Can I know what to apply room make it fair as it can match my skin. Please help me with this as what to apply. Any ointment or natural ayurveda treatment etc.
How can I remove pimples and black spots and blow holes present on my face? What can I do for my oily face?
How to clear pigmentation or dark spots of acne ? Which ointment you should recommend for this and also tell me how to remove dark circles below eyes?
Lemon juice drink daily what benefit and lemon juice for put on face good? Many places I read lemon juice in lot of vitamin c my skin is oily so what benefit lemon juice?
I have large number of hairs on all my body moreover big beard help me in my hair problem and head hairs are becoming white please help.
In my scrotal region. I have itching. The colour in that area becomes thick black. The skin is also becomes thick. Its been 2 month im suffering from this. While rubbing it's painful.
For e. G.I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
Sunscreen manufacturers bombard you daily with their mega-budget advertising campaigns. Fair-skinned models urge you to get into the habit of using sunscreens everyday. While it is true that white-skinned Caucasian individuals have a need to protect their sensitive skins with sunscreens, do we, as darker-skinned individuals, really need to copy this same habit? Here are some scientific reasons why sunscreens are less important for most Indians and why, medically speaking, black is beautiful.
Nature has already installed an “inbuilt umbrella” within your skin. This is the pigment melanin which gives your skin its darker colour. Just like photochromic glasses, which automatically become dark with sun exposure, melanin along with other factors, becomes activated and darker with sun exposure. This natural tanning is your “inbuilt umbrella” which protects the lower layers of your skin.
On the beach, compared to your white-skinned friends, you are much less likely to experience a severe, blistering or beet-red burn reaction with sun exposure.
You are much less prone to skin cancers, since your skin does not allow harmful sun-radiation to penetrate to the lower layers of your skin. However, please do not ignore any suspicious looking bump or mole on your skin. Get it examined IMMEDIATELY by your local dermatologist.
You are probably deficient in Vitamin D. Unlike your white-skinned friends from colder countries, who actively seek the sun, you probably avoid sunlight and do not indulge in sun-bathing or sun-tanning. Some amount of mild early morning or evening sun-exposure is essential, not just for production of this bone forming vitamin but also for other medical reasons.
You are most likely sweating in the hot and muggy Indian climate. Application of any cream in such conditions would be not only be uncomfortable, but chances are that your expensive sunscreen is going to be washed or wiped off.
However, if you still insist on trying to avoid even a wee bit of tan, then use sunscreens as per international recommendations. Don't rely just on SPF numbers, but use a broad-spectrum, water-resistant sunscreen. Apply about 30 ml every 2 hours on sun exposed areas. Do not forget to apply over the top of the feet, exposed legs, forearms, backup of the hands, back of the neck, nose and over the ears. This amount might pinch your pocket considerably. Consider using sun-protective, full-sleeved clothing if you really need to step out in the strong sunlight.
Don't expect to become more fairer than your baseline skin colour. Understand that you are darker for evolutionary reasons. Be thankful that you have some amount of inbuilt sun-protection bestowed to you by nature.
Hi doctor. I have skin problem its very oily and have small pores what I want to do please suggest some thing.?
During going to toilet am finding blood stains in motion, but I don't feel pain what is the reason behind this?
Pitted keratolysis is a skin condition that affects the soles of your feet. As a result of this disease, the skin on the forefoot or heel turns white with pitted clusters. This is often accompanied by an offensive odor and is worse when the skin is wet. This odor is the main reason patients seek treatment for this skin condition. If left untreated, this can last for many years.
People who suffer from excessive sweating and those who wear closed shoes for extended durations have a high risk of suffering from this condition. Pitted Keratolysis is a bacterial infection where the bacteria multiply in moist conditions and release enzymes that destroy the horny cells of the foot soles.
With time, this turns into characteristic crater like pits on the skin. They also produce sulphur compounds simultaneously that lead to the odor.
Treatment for this skin condition can be categorized under medicinal treatments and home remedies.
- One of the ways to treat this disease is to treat the hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating that triggers it.
- Topical fusidic acid ointments or clotrimazole ointments can also provide some relief.
- Your doctor may also prescribe oral antibiotics to clear stubborn lesions.
- Other treatment options include anti-bacterial soap and injectable botulinum toxin. Using a strong antiperspirant with aluminum chloride can also resolve the issue.
- The first thing you must do if you suffer from this condition is keep your feet dry. Wearing socks with your shoes is a good idea as this keeps your feet dry and ventilated. Thus, keeping the bacteria from multiplying. After having a bath, pay special attention to drying your feet. You could even use a hair dryer on your feet.
- Wash your feet with soap and water at least twice a day. You could also use an antiseptic cleanser or antibacterial soap.
- Try and reduce the number of hours you wear closed shoes. Whenever possible, wear open toed sandals. Do not wear the same shoes for two days in a row without giving them time to dry out.
- If possible, change your socks at least once in the day.
- Do not share footwear or towels with anyone else.
- Apply antiperspirants to the soles of your feet.
- Soak your feet in half a bucket of water with 15-20 drops of tea tree oil.
Laser Skin Reemerging is a treatment to reduce the impacts of delayed sun introduction, skin inflammation or maturing on the skin, for example, wrinkles, flaws, scars, blotches or lines. The treatment utilizes the procedure of centering throbbing, short light pillars at the influenced skin. The light bar expels the skin layer by layer with sharp accuracy. After the system, new skin cells create which makes the skin tight and young looking.
Laser Skin Reemerging can remain solitary methodology, or done in blend with some other surgical corrective treatment.
Laser Skin Reemerging is for the most part of two sorts:
CO2 Laser Resurfacing
CO2 (carbon dioxide) laser reemerging, is utilized to treat wrinkles, warts, scars, swollen oil organs, and other skin issues. This kind of laser reemerging utilizes fractionated carbon dioxide laser in an unmistakable example to evacuate fine layers of your skin utilizing insignificant warmth, which lessens the odds of warmth harm. Recuperation from CO2 laser reemerging takes two weeks.
Erbium Laser Resurfacing
Moderately profound wrinkles and lines on the hand, face, trunk or neck are, lessened by erbium laser reemerging. The advantage of deciding on erbium laser reemerging is that it causes minimal measure of consumes on the encompassing tissue. Erbium laser reemerging likewise causes less swelling, redness and wounding on the skin. Indeed, even the recuperation time of it is speedier than CO2 laser reemerging.
Erbium laser reemerging is, suggested for individuals with darker skin.
A Dermatologist or Plastic specialist plays out the technique of Laser Re-emerging:
Amid the Technique
The wrinkles in the region of your mouth, eyes or temple might be dealt, with independently or the whole face might be dealt with. On the off chance that, lone individual zones are dealt with the specialist will utilize neighborhood anesthesia to numb the skin. On the off chance that, the entire face is dealt with the specialist will quiet you with general anesthesia. Singular zones on the face take thirty to forty minutes to treat, however the whole face requires almost two hours.
After the method
After the methodology is finished, the treated zones on the skin will be dressed. You should clean the treated regions and apply a balm twenty-four hours after the technique. You should clean your face 4 to 5 times in a day. Oil jam, can be connected on the face to counteract scab development.
I met with an accident before 2yrs. On tat I got many scars on my face. I am too worried abt tat. How to get remove of my scar.
Hi, I've oily skin and dusky in color. My underarms are dark. I am not prone to acne. I used skin light cream for two days and stopped, I regularly use sunscreen and still turned dark. I need an ointment to turn fair since I've got a film coming up and need to whiten my underarms. Do suggest! And I've got deep blackheads what should I do?
Scars are referred to as marks left on the skin or body tissue, caused by an accident or injury. Scars are part of the natural healing process that takes place after an injury. When the white blood cells attack bacteria, they cause physical changes to the underlying skin cells around the area, thereby leading to the formation of a scar.
There are different types of scars, caused due to different factors. Some of the commonly occurring scars are:
1) Atrophic scars - These types of scars are flat against the upper layer of the skin. This type of scarring is caused by hyperpigmentation and is marked by discolored parts and patches of the skin. Initially, they are red, dark and raised. With the help of medicines and passage of time, they gradually fade away.
2) Hypertrophic scars - These types of scars appear to be elevated or raised and are caused as a result of a disparity in the production of collagen (connective tissues). These scars do not extend beyond the outline of the original wound, and can remain for a period 2-5 years. Hypertrophic scars turn flatter and paler with the course of time and with the help of requisite medication.
3) Keloid scars - Keloid scars tend to appear when the skin goes through an aggressive healing process. This causes thick, dark, clustered scars to form, which are often in contrast with the surrounding skin. Secretion of excess collagen on the affected area can also be a cause of keloid scars. Although medications are used, the most effective way to remove keloid scars is through surgery.
4) Scar contractures - This type of scar is caused due to burns. Burns present on the joints and creases stiffen the affected area, causing difficulty in movement and flexibility. Deep contracture scars may in some cases lead to dysfunctions in nervous and muscular activities.
5) Acne scars - Acne and pimples are acute skin problems, and the marks they leave behind are long lasting. Acne scars are caused due to severe acne and show differing patterns when it comes to their shape, type, and depth. In fact, the treatment for acne scars varies depending on these factors. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.